Jokerette's BFing journey ("Breastfeeding Kenny" - 19 months)

Ahh well done! Hope all went well this morning!

Are you giving him I anything like milk in a cup instead I can't work out what to do my little one doesn't seem to want it in the morning at all xx

Kenny did awesome this morning. He woke as usual at 5am, and he really wanted to nurse but I told him all done and he whined and refused the milk cup. But after a couple mins of asking to nurse, and me rocking him and signing, he asked for the milk I brought in and drank most of it! Then went back to bed for 45 more mins

Attachments

• milk in the morning.jpg
    milk in the morning.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 11
I cant believe how full I feel. Not engorged but definitely quite full from missing two feedings. I had no idea he was still getting so much milk! I will probably hand express a little this afternoon if needed, just for comfort. I am also taking B6 200mg per day for 5 days, and I took some Sudafed this morning to help dry me up.

Well done thats fab! I had to hand express for the first few days starting to feel ok now I was really full too and uncomfortable x

Well done on an amzing BFing journey and giving your LO the best start in life! I've enjoyed reading your updates :flower:

We had a very successful day today! This morning was Kenny's 2nd morning without nursing and I went into his room at 5am when he woke. I wore a hooded sweat shirt so he would smell my milk and I rocked him and offered a cup of milk. He didn't want it and he fussed a bit, asking to nurse. So I told him again that we were all done nursing. He was not crying, just asking. Instead of trying to get him to go back to sleep we went into the livingroom and cuddled and watched a cartoon. Then he played happily with his toys and ate breakfast, with milk in a cup!

Then for bedtime he did AWESOME! He actually did not even ask! He just let me rock him and read him a couple bedtime stories, and then when he was ready for bed he pointed to his crib and I tucked him in and kissed him goodnight.

As for me, I'm doing really well too. I'm enjoying the cuddles as they are and I think we really did pick the perfect timing for ending our nursing. I don't regret stopping because now I am enjoying these cuddles in a new way and I still can't believe we made it to 19 months!!!

Physically I'm feeling a little engorged. I'm surprised there's so much milk! I'm wearing a sports bra for support. Yesterday I hand pumped 1/4 oz total, and today I pumped about 1/4 oz total... just enough to release pressure. I also started with cabbage leaves in my bra this afternoon and I swear its helping! The cold leaves feel good initially, but also cabbage is supposed to help dry up milk. I;m also still taking B6 200mg per day and sudafed (because I happen to also have a cold). I'm hoping tomorrow I will be a little more comfortable than I was today.

Congratulations, Jokerette! You should be proud of the amazing journey you have been through and the odds you faced to give your son the best. Well done! Did you tell him one day nursing was done and that was that? Or did you keep repeating it for a while? Curious as I think I would like to wean, but my boy is a boobie monster!

Congratulations, Jokerette! You should be proud of the amazing journey you have been through and the odds you faced to give your son the best. Well done! Did you tell him one day nursing was done and that was that? Or did you keep repeating it for a while? Curious as I think I would like to wean, but my boy is a boobie monster!

kbkb- I told him before we started at our last nursing session that it would be our last. I put it in terms that we use a lot. I said "First we are going to nurse, then nursing is all gone. All done". He sort of looked at my like "wait, what?" so I think he knew what I was trying to say. Then that night at bedtime when he asked to nurse I said, "Remember nursing is all done? Do you want to read a story and cuddle?" And he did excellent! No tears or crying! I think he was a great age because I was able to explain it to him. In the past when we did distraction I think he could tell it wasnt really over, but this time I was committed and he must have been able to sense it. He asked once or twice the next few days just in passing, but I told him it was all done and he was fine.

It's been over a week since I last nursed Kenny and he's doing great! Better than great actually. LOL. Last night and this morning he asked to nurse with a sly smile, then he started laughing hysterically at his own joke!! too funny

It's been over a week since I last nursed Kenny and he's doing great! Better than great actually. LOL. Last night and this morning he asked to nurse with a sly smile, then he started laughing hysterically at his own joke!! too funny

amazing! its great that you had no tears and it was all so natural..I have a feeling mine isnt ready. He is inconsolable if he cant nurse. Guess I have to keep trying...:coffee:

Oh my gosh and today was the total opposite. :( He woke up this morning and when I picked him up out of his crib he said "Nurse please please please mama. please please nurse".. oh my gosh... that was so hard. I picked him up and wrapped him in a cozy blanket and rocked him and cuddled. I liked yesterdays joke better

Hi Jokerette,

Just wondering how you are getting on? Did things get better again I hope so!

I found out I was pregnant the first cycle of trying! Can't believe it feel very lucky and blessed. I think it was a sign I have worked out that I must have conceived 2 days after my little boy decided he didn't want to nurse anymore! I think it was meant to be!

Here comes more worrying and another journey.....

xx

Thanks for asking kix! Yes things are going well. My son has only asked to nurse maybe 2 times in the past two weeks, and he was fine without it! I think that last time when he said "please please" was like his last ditch effort.

I sort of miss it, but most of the time I'm glad to be done and glad to move onto the new parts of mommy/son relationship. He still always wants me to rock him before bedtime and read him his bedtime story, even though his daddy used to do the bedtime stories. So he's filling his need for mommy cuddles in other ways.

On the TTC front we are 5dpo and my temps are pretty high for me, so I'm really hopeful that maybe it will be a good sign!

Great news well done! Fingers crossed for you we could be bump buddies! Xx

:wave: HI! Staking you back!

Thank you for your so honest approach to breastfeeding! I think the more info that is out there about how its not a SUPER easy way to feed your baby at first (or ever for some) makes it more successful for us that have no idea what we are getting into! :dohh: So thank you! :hugs: And i LOVE the breastfeeding professional photos, i would have never thought to have that done, but they are so lovely. :cloud9:

Glad the weaning has gone well, i can imagine its just a hard decision!

I hope your temperatures are a good sign! :thumbup:

Just a little update... We did not get pregnant this month, but on the Breastfeeding weaning front we are doing great! Kenny loves cuddling with me at bedtime and reading stories. He does not ask to nurse anymore, and he even accidentally saw me getting out of the shower yesterday and did not ask! Before if he saw he would immediately ask. Things are great! I miss it sometimes but it's been kind of nice having a little me time for my body before we get pregnant. :)

Thanks for following along everyone. This will probably be my last update unless something drastic changes... Or maybe in a year or so I can update with baby #2's Breastfeeding journey :)

Best wishes to all and feel free to message me with any Breastfeeding questions!!

I'm glad Kenny has adjusted so well after breastfeeding, and that he enjoys his mamma cuddles at night. :)

Will you update us when you do get your bfp? :) Good luck!

I'm glad Kenny has adjusted so well after breastfeeding, and that he enjoys his mamma cuddles at night. :)

Will you update us when you do get your bfp? :) Good luck!

Yes I will update you ladies when I get a BFP!!! Hopefully soon! :) Thanks, I could not have gotten through the past 19+ months without you <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->