Jon & Kate Divorcing?

WTTMommy

Mama to Rach
Reaction score
I refused to believe the tabloids until I read Kate's statements to People Magazine! :shock: So, so sad!

I really hope it doesn't get to that point. I just started watching the show a few months ago and I've become addicted since.

https://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20278472,00.html

"I don't know that we're in the same place anymore, that we want the same thing," she says quietly. "I've been struggling with the question of 'Who is this person?' for a while. I remember where I was the first time I heard her name. It's one of those things where you can try to make it go away, but there's blaring, red flashing lights."

The name to which Kate refers belongs to 23-year-old Deanna Hummel, whose brother later claimed she'd been having a months-long affair with Jon.

For Kate, who has referred to her husband as "my balance, my strength and my stability," to now consider a future apart has been heartbreaking but not impossible. "You can't imagine yourself in a certain position when all this first happens, but you can do it over some months," she says.

"It's a lot like when I was first pregnant with the babies, and it was pure shock and denial. But over time I imagined six cribs in my house, and six car seats. When your mind is ready to go there, you can accept any number of scenarios."

Kate does have hope, however, that her marriage can be saved. "I will never give up hope that every member of our family can be absolutely happy again," she says.

Oh man! That's so horrible, they were such a lovely couple, and their children are cuties. I'm still in shock....they seemed so happy! :shrug:

its sad, but theyre relationship is very trying.

She talked to him like he was crap!

I agree, it is sad but unfortunately I knew he'd do it sooner or later. She took advantage of him big time. Cheating is never ok, of course. I feel the worst for the kids :(

I don't like this show at all, but I do feel bad for the family. It wouldn't surprise me if he did cheat (based on the way his wife seems to treat him...and the fact that raising 8 kids has got to take a toll on a guy), but I still don't know if I completely believe it. I think the show might have just added to the strain. Maybe they need to take a break from filming and sort things out.

Cheating can never be justified. If they were having problems and he was unhappy, Jon should have approached Kate. They have numerous ways to help their marriage at their disposal, such as an on-site therapist, or they could have gone to couples therapy or even quit the show all together. They have 8 children, 6 of which are pre-schoolers, of course things are going to be rough and they're not always going to be all lovey-dovey with eachother, but you either make a real attempt to fix your marriage or you leave your wife before you sleep with another woman. :hissy: :sulk:

Okay *deep breath* that is my two cents on that.

I love this show. It's sad! :(

If anything, I think the main reason things started going sour would be struggling to raise 8 children, and having cameras in you face all the time. I know they chose that life, but anyone would have to admit it'd take a toll on a marriage...

well i know john was not to happy with quitting work and being home all the time and dealing with the show and all the other stuff they do eg. their book ect. He felt like he was loosing who he was he loved going to work everyday, thats my two cents ...

I just watched an interview with Kate's own brother who said their marriage has been over for a few months. What an ass of a brother to talk to tabloids about your sister's marriage!

I just watched an interview with Kate's own brother who said their marriage has been over for a few months. What an ass of a brother to talk to tabloids about your sister's marriage!

its disgusting isnt it.... what ppl will do to there own familys to make money :(

Nooooooooooo, not Jon and Kate. :cry: They aren't supposed to split up, I love that show!!!

well i love this show and have been watching it for years now, the kids are just so cute and adorable, and yes it is true kate treats jon pretty crappy and talks to him like crap at times but i really hope he didnt cheat on her, because with all there kids it takes alot of trying and hard times and i hope they stick by each other through the hard times, but if he cheated on her i think she should not be with him anymore, that is not okay and unacceptable, but who knows what goes on in someone elses family, we only see whats on Tv and read whats in the papers and magazines ....anyways those are my thoughts on them . lol .

Imagine the child support Jon would have to pay! LOL

Honestly, I hope they can work through this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->