Joshua Thomas James Owen 19/05/2009

Kimboowee

Complete
Reaction score
On saturday 16th May i started getting really bad lower back pain at 5/6 min intervals. The pain was bad, but bearable with paracetamol. Over the sunday they gradually got worse and carried on right through to monday.

It got to 5am monday and i was in absolute agony! I went off to the hospital and was told i was 3 cms, and to go home til pains were 2 mins apart or waters broke.

At 7pm i was busy bouncing on my ball, the only thing that would help with the pain when i felt a pop, i stood up and my waters went everywhere!!!

I rang the labour ward cos they were green and went in. I was then told my waters were a GOOD colour and i was 5/6 cms.Then i started on the gas and air, my god it was brilliant stuff!!!! It made me feel totally wasted! My mum kept trying to grab the mask off me cos i was taking too much. I learnt my lesson when i was sick everywhere!

About 11pm i got the epidural, the best decision i made. Baby was back to back and the pain was unbearable! The hardest part was sitting still during contractions whilst he put it in!

I eventually started pushing at just before 2am tuesday and after 3am my little boy came into the world with the cord wrapped 3 times round his neck. He was so long and weighed 6lbs14.5oz

I had a 2nd degree tear, which meant stitches!

Unfortunately thats when our problems began. My waters weren't right, i'd had an infection which the first midwife hadn't picked up on dispite, the pad being green.

My little boy also has talipes on his left foot from how he was lying in the womb, 9/10 it sorts it out itself, otherwise he will need phsyio.

We were both put on IV anti-biotics, so hard seeing my little one with needles and tubes sello-taped to him =[

Then the doctor came to us with the the news that he might have meningitus. I have never been so scared in my entire life. He was barely 4 hours old and they took him for something called a Lumber Puncture to get some fluid from his spine.

5 days later we are both home after completing all the meds. Im so glad that my little boy is fine, although we never found out what type of infection we both had as it was based on 'markers' for infection.

Im so in love with my brave little boy even though he keeps me up most of the night!

Here's my little star

Attachments

• SDC10045.jpg
    SDC10045.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 108
  • SDC10060.jpg
    SDC10060.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 82
aww hun what an ordeal, what a brave little man you have there :)

Congratulations, Glad you are both home safely now.

What a lot you've gone through already :hugs:

He is absolutely gorgeous, well done

Congratulations, he is absolutely gorgeous. And well done to you!!!!!!!!!! x

congrats hun and im glad everything sorted its self out for you and he is so cute :hugs:

What a story darling!

I also had back contractions, so completely know the pain (horrifying).

So glad to hear your both home and healthy, I cant imagine how heart wrenching it would be for them to take your little boy and check him out.

Congratulations again darling, he is gorgeous!!!

xxxx

huge congratulations, he's beautiful! so glad your both home and ok now x x

Congrats sorry you had such a hardtime x

Glad you are both well now xx

Massive Congrats hunny xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member