Judgment surrounding my son's mental illness!

Eve

Reaction score
I am so sick and tired of being judged because of my son's behavior. I seriously feel like screaming at the top of my lungs when in public that he has a disability, and just because you can't physically see something wrong, doesn't mean he is simply a wild brat! Even when I explain it to people they seem to think he just *needs a good smack* or I get the comments like *send him to me for a week, we will straighten him out* His dad's side recently said they would take him until our family group conference in mid September and we will see from there where he will live on a more permanent basis... anyways, they have always blamed me. I was too strict, wasn't strict enough, I was a bitch (because I didn't allow his dad to smoke dope in front of him) etc.. and guess what? After two weeks they said they are done. They finally see there is something wrong, something they can't control but I seriously wish others could see it too! It is hard enough to live my life in constant chaos and suffer from abuse from my 8 yr old son, but to have others beat me down and blame me for his mental illness is near crippling.

Rant over.. maybe it's not in the right place now that I think of it :S

Aww, that sucks. I don't know what it feels like for you, but I would just try to ignore their comments. You know your son's condition, and you know how to best deal with him, so just be confident in that.

The thing with people is, they will always think they know better, it doesn't matter what it is, whether it is feeding, clothing your baby, the way you carry your baby...everything, they think they know more than the parent.

You are an amazingly strong woman to deal with what you have to, and pride yourself with that. In some cultures, parents would be too afraid to expose their special needs children to the public, so you are very brave. x

It sounds like you are having a really hard time right now and feeling it from every angle. I can't imagine what that must feel like but I can imagine that its not easy. I have no advice to give but wanted to say that I hope your situation improves soon and that some help comes to you. xxx

:hugs:

That sounds really tough... you can hold your head high though knowing that you are doing the best for your family, sod what ignorant people think.

xx

:hugs: You already know my thoughts on this Eve. You are an amazing mother who does the very best for her family. Others will always seek to judge, be it on behaviour, feeding, clothing, bedtimes, bathtimes.... anything!

You are so strong - keep on holding your head high!

Remember, I'm only a message away.

xxx

Thank you so much ladies!

Thank you Anna, it truly means a lot :hugs:

:hugs: My Son has ADHD so alot different I know, but I understand how Judgemental people can be. Hope you are 'ok' as can be- keep your head held high hun xxx

You wouldn't be so upset if you weren't an amazing mom :hugs: :hug:

I totally know what you mean...my daughter has autism. It is frustrating, to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->