juice?

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
I've read that you can start giving a baby a little bit of juice between 6-7 months. As long as it's 100% fruit juice and watered down etc. Anyways I'm not sure if we should be giving it to Hannah or not as her milk intake really isn't all that high. What do you all do?

I give Josh some juice about once a week at the most... Give it into his sippy cup and I use some fresh 100% pure juice. I use some orange juice, cranberry juice (real cranberry juice, not the cranberry cocktail) and apples.

I water it down, half juice and half water. It doesn't taste that much, but it's just so he gets a little taste. I also give him a bit of water after to wash the sugar off.

xxx

I really don't think you should, she doesn't need it. Even if her milk intake isn't very high if you give her juice that could cut into it even more. Juice really isn't very good for them, even 100% juice has a ton of sugar and calories. We just gave my youngest juice for the first time at 15mo and only because he's so tiny he needs as many calories as he can take in, cause he drinks rice milk like crazy, nurses and eats alot but is still very small. But even him and my 3 and 5 yr old barely get any, maybe a couple times a week at the very most and even my older 2 still watered down lol.

That's why I'm leaning against it. We fight her to get formula down as it is :rofl: Not that she's ever had problems gaining weight etc. so I know she takes in what she needs but still can drive me :wacko:

Lol I bet...it would probably make that "fight" even harder if you gave her juice.

I read that jucie has no health benefits for baby and can be bad for teeth so this mummy is mean and isnt giving any yet. Teddy gets offered water with eat meal and thats all. He gets offered milk after his dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->