July 2009 buddies wanted!!

My friend was due last New Year's Eve and they talked her into having a C Section a few days because they said the labour ward would be so short staffed at New Years and she might not get the right attention!!!! WTF???? It is scary! So you can guarantee that the US dept will be short staffed too.

just typical :muaha:

Hey girls.

I had my 12 week scan last time at only 10+2. It was then they said they could find no heartbeat and I had an ERPC on the same day. They think LO stopped growing at around 9+2, so I am looking forward to then, hoping everything will be ok.

If you go to the GP now (I went today) and get reffered to the Hopsital or department you want, you get a letter and can make an appoinment straight away (I am on the phone waiting as I type! - Dont you just love Greensleves?! lol)

**Update**

Have got my first Midwife appointment in 4 weeks at my GP's, and I have my first scan booked for the 15th of December. Seems like a lifetime away!

x

oooh exciting times! hoping my doc is as helpful when i go at 4:30 today! really hope this one goes well for you shelleylu x x

Glad they were so helpful Shelley. It does seem ages away though. Is your scan on NHS then?
Wishing: good luck at the docs.

Thanks Wishing and Niki x

Yes it is on the NHS, god help me lol. Thankfully, the womens hospiatl here in Birmingham is one of the best special care units in Europe. One of my best mates had her premature son there, and she said there were little ones from all around the world! So we're in good hands, and they were great when I was there before - given the circumstances. Just got my fingers crossed!!!

Hope it went well today Wishing, come and let us know!!!

xx

Hi girls,
I got my BFP on Wednesday (2 days ago) 13DPO didn't test any earlier as was too scared!
I have posted on the other July thread but am I allowed to join this one too??? :D

Of course! Will add you to The List lol

Congratulations on your BFP hun. How long were you trying for? I think Chilly keeping the witch in hiding has worked miracles for the October buddies thread!!

How did you get on Wishing??!!
xx

well i'm pleased to say doc's appointment went really well and i left feeling really positive :)
hope you'll forgive me but for fear of getting RSI i'm gonna paste in my update on docs from another thread:
doc was really helpful and wrote me prescription for 400mg of folic acid in case the vitamins i'm taking didn't have enough as he said its really essential in first trimester. also gave me a bounty pregnancy info pack -with more info than a library!!! oh and vouchers for free stuff!
he said a doctor should never turn someone away and refer straight to midwife as they should know of pregnancy for your notes in case of prescriptions and stuff so he was surprised other docs have been short about it all!
he also arranged for letters to go to midwife and to arrange scan and i'm booked in for midwife now and lastly he explained i'll have scan at 12 weeks to measure and check for heartbeat, position and number of beans (ok so he didn't say the word beans! lol) then second scan at 21 weeks to check for anomalies, such as cleft palette or heart problems

i'm really buzzing now and have pregnancy leaflets scattered all over living room! if i get any surprise visitors tomorrow i'll have to blitz it quick and hide them under sofa!

was thinking this might sound silly, but i can't wait til there is a thread for august and september 09 due dates as that'll be a visual reminder that our pregnancies are established and nearing the safety zone :)

Congratulations on your BFP hun. How long were you trying for? I think Chilly keeping the witch in hiding has worked miracles for the October buddies thread!!

xx

Thank you! Came off BCP 1st Sept got my BFP on my 2nd cycle (I think my first one was spent with my body getting back to "normal" after so long on BCP!)
Yeah chilly's locked her :)witch:) in the cupboard under her stairs!!! Seems to be working!

According to many online calculators my EDD is 15th July :happydance:

Been reading this thread about scans etc - does anyone know (out of interest) how much a private scan costs?

I've been so tired lately, my neighbour gave me some doughnuts and after eating those I went really tired LOL.. last night was because Rich had to work a night shift

yeah saxo i was wondering that too...someone on another thread mentioned it costing them £80 to get a private scan done...don't know if that's countrywide though! what a lot of money for five mins on a ultrasound!!! :(

I read that they vary between £40 and £80 depending on where you are. I gathered I'd need to fork out about £80 in Essex for one.

Shelley: can you alter my +HPT to Nov 5th on the list? It's spookily the same as Saxo, as are our EDDs!

I'm having a relaxing Saturday doing nothing, except being on B&B and reading. Being PG is a great excuse to laze about. I'm someone who always feels so guilty for doing nothing, so First Tri is giving me every excuse to not feel that guilt! Hooray!

Yeah I'll change it for you Niki.

Had a mad morning today. We are having a small get together tonight, so Im bust preparing for that, plus I said we'd have my OH nephew to give his mom a rest today (is a 4yr old nightmare!) He and William have made my house a mess :( I have just finished making chocolate apples and rice crispy cakes with them (what was I thinking???!!)

All this was after going into the city to buy the bridesmaids dress I will be needing for my best friends wedding next September (yes, I have a whole 2 months to get back to some kind of normality after baby!) - Again, I have a screw loose Im sure.

I have to spend the remains of the day making chilli and cleaning chocolate off the kitchen floor!!

Glad you're having a relaxing Saturday Niki - Fancy coming round and giving me a hand??!

xx

Me too! Can I join too?

I got a BFN at home on the 6th @ 11DPO. Had a drs appointment that same day, and she took blood and rang me on the 7th to tell me I had a BFP! Seems we conceived on my DH's 30th b'day, which makes my EDD July 19th. Have another appointment on the 11th Nov to check progesterone and hcg again. Have been given progesterone to take as I had lots of spotting, which has now stopped, yea! I said I wouldn't join groups etc. this early, as it is sooo very early, but I decided I just needed to be positive and get started! Look forward to traveling the next 8 months with everyone :)

I will add you now Sarah, Congratulations on your BFP hun, its so hard not to get carried away, but I think most of us just think what the hell, and go mad!

I really enjoy the support the groups give me, and I think most of the girlies do too. Its almost like a group of people you can moan at, and they never moan back!!

Good luck over the next 8 months chick, Keep us posted with your MW dates etc

xxx

xx

Thank you! Came off BCP 1st Sept got my BFP on my 2nd cycle (I think my first one was spent with my body getting back to "normal" after so long on BCP!)
Yeah chilly's locked her :)witch:) in the cupboard under her stairs!!! Seems to be working!

According to many online calculators my EDD is 15th July :happydance:

Been reading this thread about scans etc - does anyone know (out of interest) how much a private scan costs?

Wow, thats cool you got your BFP so soon. I know lots of women have trouble getting back to normal after the BCP. I have never taken it as I have issues with progesterone!

Have no idea with private scans im afraid, But where you live has to have an impact as Niki said. (poor you Niki - £80?!)

Are any of you thinking about having an early one??

xx

PS, pleased to hear the appointment went so well wishing. It makes such a difference when you have someone who has a clue to turn to!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->