July 2014 IVF Buddies

Lanet ha ha about your clinic not having free biscuits I guess Emmi and I need to be more grateful! Wow, 3 hours away, that's quite a trek!

They have said they will give me something to bring it on if it hasn't arrived naturally by cd 40, I was just hoping to avoid the extra week down regging but it isn't that long in the grand scheme of things.

Emmi, thanks for the encouragement it helps to know it happens to other people and not just numpty me!

My period was late in January and I ended up missing the deadline and having to wait a whole extra month to start ivf. Then the day before I was to start stims my thyroid test came back high and they cancelled me that month too! So after starting the process in January I finally had a May retrieval, and then got ohss and the transfer got cancelled. I'm really hoping I get to finish this cycle finally!

Lanet what a total nightmare for you! I'm lucky that I can't miss a deadline in this case so just need to keep on waiting.

Oh Lizzie, I messed up one of my injections last summer and I still can remember the feeling. I was bruised and itchy for about 3 days. Here's hoping I can avoid a repeat this time around.

I'm flying tomorrow to spend the week with my dad, so I may disappear from this board for a while. I'll try to at least read on my phone so I don't get TOO far behind, but it may be tricky to respond that way.

In the meantime, I hope everyone's doing well. Hopefully AF's show up soon, and scans go well, and no one bruises themselves too badly on injections. And if all of that could happen without any terrible cases of the weepies (or crazies), all the better. But if not, let's just hope our husbands can put up with us. :)

Amy

Amy - Hope that your visit with your dad goes well, it think you also start injects whilst you are there don't you? I'm sure it will do him good to see you :hugs:

As for me, it seems I didn't do anything wrong with my injection because I had DH watch me like a hawk last night and had exactly the same result!:shrug: So, maybe this is just how my body is going to react to them now!

Hope eoe is ok?

xxx

Really hope you ladies are all doing good. I have been at a spa hotel with my beastie and I feel very chilled!
Am now on my stimms with my next scan on weds, need to keep busy and hope that my follicles grow!

Amy, I really hope that your dad is doing okay and that you enjoy your time with him.

Lizzie, every woman is different on the drugs so I guess you just have to somehow grin and bare it..... keep at it, you are getting there.

Pled, how are you getting on?

Lane, hope that you are doing good too??

Xxx

Lizzie did you try icing the area before injecting? That helped me with one of them that always turned red and burning.
My lining check yesterday went great. No more appts now until transfer a week from today!!!!

Lanet that's great news:)

Emmi, hope the stims are going ok?

Amy and Plex hope you are both ok.

I'll try the ice tonight thanks for the tip x

All okay with the stimms but I am only on the gonal f and burserelin, when I get on the menupor-thats when it gets really uncomfortable.

Yes, the ice really does help. Hope that is making it all a wee bit easier??
X

:hi: heya girls - sorry ive been awol, ive been having a rough week or so, will be glad when i start my ivf as itll give me something else to focus on!! Only 6days left till i start stabbing myself, :pop: never thought injecting myself would be so appealing :haha:

Im feeling quite insular at the moment so i apologise for the brief post - i just wanted to let you all know that i rooting for you and thinking of you all :hugs: Ill keep popping in, think of me as your regular friendly stalker:flasher: lolol xx

How are we all doing ladies??? Hope that you are doing well plex, not long to go now.

Amy, Lizzie, lanet how are you doing? How's your dad Amy?

All okay with me, my tummy is so bloated but feel okay. I have my first stimms scan tomorrow and then one on Friday, grow follies grow��

Xxx

Hi Emmi, good luck for your scan tomorrow. I bet you're nervous but sure you don't need to be and that everything will be going as it should be!

Nothing new with me, still down regging and still waiting for AF. Finally day 40 tomorrow so will call clinic to get my AF started so I can hopefully move on as I feel absolutely rotten at the moment!

Ahhhh Honey, I know how it feels, my af was really late on my first ivf and it was awful. But yes, phone the clinic and they will get it started. Hang on in there, you will be on the stimms real soon. I am sure you are but drinks lots of water, it really does help.

Hugs to you lovely lady.

Xxx

Emmi - Hope the scan showed everything was on track. I suspect that at this moment in time you are probably eating all the bourbons in the waiting room and slurping your decaff tea :coffee:

Finally good news for me! Felt dreadful this last few days and more or less blubbed all over my acupuncturist this morning because still no AF. Anyway my lovely acupuncture lady worked her magic, made me feel a little better and AF arrived on the way home. DR scan and trial transfer booked for next Tuesday :happydance: Normally I'm thoroughly miserable at this point in a cycle but for once I feel completely the opposite!

Ahhh, I know how you were feeling, it's so horrible. But so glad that you have come on and can now start planning the next stage, it's a good feeling to start the stimm drugs so onwards and upwards. Tuesday will be here before you know it ��

All okay with my scan, phew, about 14 follies growing al together. But Crikey, that waiting room is something else.... no-one even looked at me today!!! So indulged in the biscuits and cups of tea big time ��

Xxx

Still so jealous of your biscuits and tea;)
Glad to hear you can get started Lizzie! Woohoo! Do you have your meds?
Emmi your scan sounds great, what day of stims are you on?

I'm on day 7 of stimms and have introduced menipur to bursereline and gonal f today.

Biscuits and tea are essential when you are in a waiting room where no-one talks ;-)

X

Lol Emmi, I shall report back next Tuesday on status of the waiting room! Glad the scan was good, is your next one on Friday?

Lanet, I've been on buserelin for the last 3 weeks so will be adding gonal f next week when they confirm I can start stimming :)

Hi girls,

Typing on my phone, so please forgive weird typos. :)

Emmi, day 7! You're so close. That's exciting.

Glad to hear everyone is making progress of some sort. Plex, I've been thinking of you and I hope you're doing ok.

I'm having a great week with my dad. He's feeling really well this week so we get to spend fairly normal time together during this visit. I'm glad I was able to fit it in before the bulk of the IVF stuff starts.

I started Lupron last Friday and it's going well! I've gotten used to injecting without my husbands help, though I'll be happy to have him take over when there's mixing and other things to keep track of. I had one really painful one but I think maybe I didn't let the alcohol dry completely?

My dad and I have been bonding over our medication times, taking vitamins and other pills together at various times of the day. And when the chemo nurse needed to give him a subcutaneous injection the other day and offered him a choice of locations, he chose belly in solidarity with me!

Have any of you been following the thread of June/July ivf's? I've been stalking them since they're just ahead of us and they're ending up with lots of great news! Gives me hope.

Happy injecting, friends.
Amy

Hope that you are still feeling better today Lizzie, bet it's a relief that you are not still waiting for the witch. Yep, my next scan is on Friday..... can I face the waiting room ever again!!!!

Amy, so glad that you are having a good time with your dad, that made me smile. And how sweet that you have your pill time together, here's hoping that all will be okay with your dad. He sounds so very fabulous.

Not really stalking too many threads, I got to engrossed last time and this just takes over your life anyway so this time, just limiting myself. But hope is indeed very important.

Hope that you ladies are all doing good today.

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->