July 2014 IVF Buddies

Hi ladies!

I'm currently in the middle of my first IVF cycle.

I'm around cd20 and have done 3 days worth of Gonol F 225

I woke up this morning to bleeding. Pretty much just like I get for AF!
Anyone know anything about this?

I'm worried they will cancel my cycle :(

Rayeanne were you on Lupron or bcp? Did you have af before starting stims?
Thanks for the kind words ladies, I hope you are all doing well injecting or getting ready to.
Plex the pictures of blasts are truly amazing, I didn't ask grades as I don't want to worry. The dr and embryologist told me they were really good and that they have to be to meet the criteria for freezing.
I woke up with af like cramps early this am, hoping that's a good sign! They're pretty strong.

I was on bcp from cd6-16

Then I started Gonol F 3 days later.

Now been on it for 4 days.
Doing the math... Day 16 birth control, add 3 days and add another 4.
That's cd 23. I usually start cd 28, so it's a bit early, but still really close.

Do you know what your lining was at your baseline? Mine was a 5 and they made me wait for a bleed before I could start stims. The next time it was a 3, they said I didn't have to wait, but I still had a bleed the night before stims. I'm not sure what happens if you bleed when you're well into stims. Can you call an after hours line?

Rayeanne - Sorry hun im not much help, ive not done a protocol with bcp before. I would call the clinic first thing in the morning though just to check everythings ok. xx

Lanet - My clinic doesnt do pictures of blasts/embryos - i was adamant that i wanted a picture of mine but they wouldnt give me one :grr: I really wanted something to fawn over during the tww lol Ur blasts are beautiful lol I think the af type cramping is a good sign :thumbup: xx

Hi all,
Just caught up with this thread and think I am a few weeks behind you and hope I can join in.

Had saline sonohysterogram(?) and trial transfer this week. My big box of meds arrived two days ago. I took some quiet time to go through it myself this morning and started crying by the time I got to the bottom. This doesn't bode well for when I start the meds and get really hormonal, huh? Apparently I have a fear that I will kill myself by doing injections wrong.

Tentative plan is to start Lupron on July 9, with retrieval on the 31st and all the other meds in there as well. I'm thinking they should have sent me way more valium if I'm already so sloppy.

Did anyone else get run over by the bcp when gearing up? I haven't been on it for a few years since we started trying for a baby, so I can't remember if I was always such a crybaby. I'm certainly not going to put DH on the hot seat by asking his opinion.

Have a lovely Sunday, ladies.

Hi guys, so nice to hear all your stories, Emmi I am 30 in August, so plenty of time to get baby making, we will give the NHS a whirl and see what happens!
Do you have to do the injections at all certain Time?

I have to take my menopur between 7 and 8pm, theres some window for being half an hour difference.

The cetrotide i HAVE to take at the same time each day to stop ovulation and ive been told i will have to take that around 7pm.

I find it difficult as i work 12hr shifts which almost always cover those times and i really dont like injecting at work especially as i dont want anyone to know whats going on! xx

Lets - :hi: heya hun! I dont have to do any down regulating or take bcp this cycle. Dont know what i would do if i was put on bcp pills as im super emotional normally too :dohh:

I do remember being a hormonal wreck on the buserelin though on my first cycle!

I think the lead up to ivf is the worst - when you start youre actively doing something to help prepare your body for collection so at least theres that to focus on :D

Will you have another scan before you start the lupron? xx

I think bcp are the worst! I was counting the days to be done with those!
Plex I didn't think my clinic did pictures either, so I was pleasantly surprised!! I have one of them (the air bubble around them) in my uterus too, I'll try to post it, I watched them come out of the catheter.
Don't worry you won't kill yourself injecting letsgo, once my dh forgot to check for blood in my pio (intramuscular) and I told him he could've killed me. He never forgot again. And the nurse said I would've been fine. But it's all so scary! Our clinic is 3 hours away so the night before transfer on our way there we had to pull over in front of a corn field and I leaned my seat back and rolled over so he could inject me at exactly the right time lol. The whole experience is crazy, you have to laugh!

Don't mind my chopped nail polish ;)
https://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q219/kristylanet/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps91a10e79.jpg

Lanet - wow :cloud9: LOVE that photo! Its amazing, im def gunna push for having a picture aswell. with my last cycle it was part nhs so the point blank refused to give me a picture, which is weird as i know some nhs clinics give out pictures. I do now have my embryoscope videos though to keep watching lol

Hello ladies and a big hello to the new ladies.

Plex, that so made me giggle about you being away too long in the toilet�� Doing injections when you are out and about is so difficult. But glad that you are on your way.

The embryscope photos are lovely, not sure if we will have it this time as it's not bleedin cheap.

To the new ladies asking questions, am not ignoring, just really am not too sure of the answers.

Zoë, ahhh at 30 you have some time to sort baby-making out. I inject early evening at the same time, its a time that's best for me.

So, I may have had my last stims today, will have to see how my scan is tomorrow. Feeling quite nervous for the week ahead, I just pray that I have some good mature eggs. So time will tell!

Xxx

RayeAnne - I don't know about the bleeding, but I hope you've been able to get ahold of your clinic and get some answers! Let us know.

Letsgo - You're not alone! Bcp, as well as everything else in this process, makes me super emotional and sensitive. I cry a lot, sometimes because I'm feeling sad (for either rational or irrational reasons) and sometimes for no reason at all, like my eyes just insist on being wet. You are not crazy, and it will pass. My husband is good about reminding me that it's the drugs making me a nutcase, and reminding me that it's temporary. Hopefully your husband can keep you in check too. :)

Zoe - For Lupron I was told to just pick a time that works for me and stick with it, but the nurse said that there will be specific times for the other injections once I start those.

Lanet - I hope I get pictures too! After my hysteroscopy, my clinic proudly sent me home with 3 pictures of the inside of my uterus, so I'm betting that they will gladly print some pictures of my embryos.

Emmi - Good luck on your scan!!! I'm so excited for you.

Plex - Thanks for reminding me to be thankful that I get to do all of my injections at home. :-/

Lizzie - Hope you're doing well!

Plex - I do have a scan set up the day before starting meds, so the nurse will show me how to do injections then. DH will be traveling for work in between now and retrieval, so I'll be on my own for shots. Probably not helping the crazies.

Lanet, what a crazy day that must have been! And how wonderful to have that special moment captured in your pic. Take the advantages that come with making babies the new fashioned way.

May I ask how long the procedure took? We have a 2 hour drive to the clinic and I'm trying to plan for logistics and pet care if we decide to stay over before / after. Would you recommend one way over the other (travel or stay close by)?

The procedure itself was about 10 minutes. But they had us come in a half hour early, take a Valium, sign papers etc. I drove up and back home for each appt except the procedures. I felt like my body was more relaxed when we hadn't just driven so far. We stayed the night before in a nearby hotel and then came straight home with the seat laid back after.

Emmi - Ooo! exciting :D How many follicles did you have at your last scan if you dont mind me asking? I hope everything is good at your scan 2moro! xx

Amy - :) Id prefer injecting at home, mind u id prefer not injecting too lol it just makes it worse when colleagues think youve been for a big poo instead :haha: Hows things going for you cycle wise? xx

Hello lovely ladies, hope that you are doing well??

Just had my scan and egg collection will be on weds.... Really praying that I have some nice juicy eggs amongst my follies. I have about 20 follies but not all are the right size so time will tell.... Kinda like just injecting, you feel in control but the next stages are all just bloody nerve wracking! So we'll see what the next few days bring.

Xxx

Emmi - :happydance: exciting!!! Scary at the same time tho :hugs: when do u trigger tonight? Xx

Yep, trigger tonight at 11.15! Have set about 4 alarms so I don't forget!

How are you doing today honey???

X

Emmi - excited and nervous for you! Step by step, you'll get there (easy for me to say!). Will be thinking of you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->