* July 2015 bump buddies *

:hi: babyvaughan - I recognise you from the July mamas thread. Hope your scan is fun today - so jealous - have 5 weeks to wait for my next one!

Thank goodness it's the weekend. This has been one looooong week! I can't stay up past 8.30ish anymore - I'm exhausted in the evening. Hence less time on Bnb!

I felt baby move last night. A full in flip in the middle of the night. I hope the feelings get regular quickly - it will help me really feel pregnant!! Love this part - have been waiting soooo long to feel baby!!

When is everyone's 20 week scan (if you're having one)? Mine is 6th march - I was so sure I wanted to find out the gender but the closer it gets the less sure I am. I'm debating team yellow :shock: anyone else??

I have also felt baby move - well not properly but I have felt the faint flip type movement in the right place ! They say u recognize it quicker 2nd time around !

I humor myself sometimes by prentending I might not find out gender but I'm kidding myself and I know that I can't resist !

Mine is 13th March but might get private scan around 17 weeks on my birthday xx

I'm having a boy!!! :D

:happydance:

Fuschia - a birthday scan would be lovely!!

I talked to hubby last night & he wants to stay team :yellow: Doesn't mean we are, but as I'm still on the fence it just might sway us. But I do want to know..... Oooh!! Undecided!

:hi: babyvaughan!

My scan is on the 26th and I am so looking forward to it. K4th we're doing a swap, I was so sure I DIDN'T want to know the gender and the closer it gets the more I want to find out :)

Been feeling baby move too! :happydance: First full on flip in the shower a little over a week ago when the hot water hit my stomach, I must have tensed something cos the poor tyke felt like it jumped three feet. :haha:

Does anyone else have a serious case of the burps this pregnancy? Seriously, like 80 times a day just these tiny little burps, I almost expect bubbles to come out of my mouth they sound like I swallowed something made in a Harry Potter movie by the Weasleys. Was cute for the first three months, getting old now :wacko:

I haven't felt movement yet but I can't wait until I do! :) we decided on a name last night :)

Babyvaughn congrats!!!

I went for a private scan today- hubby's doing ! He was all relaxed and cool about it before - then this am he said he actually wants to know and booked in for a private scan this afternoon!

It's a boy for us too! Xxx

Babyvaughn- what name did you decide ? Did u already have a shortlist ? We haven't got a clue ! Xxx I named dd at this stage and felt it really helped bond !!

Pgfairy - lol at doing a swap!! We're still thinking of going :yellow: congrats on feeling baby move! I've felt baby a few times - not every day but definite little kicks & flips occasionally :)

Babyvaughan - how exciting to actually have a name!! Are you going to share or keep it secret?

Fuschia - congrats on team :blue: that's one of each isn't it?? Lovely!!

I can't decide whether I'd prefer a boy or girl. A girl would be nice for dd but a boy would be nice for me & oh :shrug: guess I'm not that fussed as long as we get healthy!! No real name ideas that oh can agree on. I like Jude for a boy but dh hates it :dohh: nearly bought a car seat today. Then wimped out - 16 weeks just feels too early yet for big buys - for us anyway. My "high risk" status keeps playing on my mind :-/

I actually have the hardest time with boy names. I literally thought I couldnt find one. I was looking through lists of thousands I started soon as I found out so last night I said okay you gotta find some you kinda like and let them set in so I have 3 that was like ehhh about. I had DH say things with each name. Like can you go clean your room"name" to if it fit. So I starting say the names and was down to one left standing it hit me this has to be the name its the only one I can actually picture and that I feel it fits our sons personality. Im nervous but I'm sure it's the name. Gavin Lewis Vaughan (lewis is my grandpas middle name who I was close to)

I actually have the hardest time with boy names. I literally thought I couldnt find one. I was looking through lists of thousands I started soon as I found out so last night I said okay you gotta find some you kinda like and let them set in so I have 3 that was like ehhh about. I had DH say things with each name. Like can you go clean your room"name" to if it fit. So I starting say the names and was down to one left standing it hit me this has to be the name its the only one I can actually picture and that I feel it fits our sons personality. Im nervous but I'm sure it's the name. Gavin Lewis Vaughan (lewis is my grandpas middle name who I was close to)

Aah I love it!! I know someone called Gavin & he is genuinely the nicest bloke!! Good choice :thumbup:

That's great babyvaughn!

I have the same prob- I like names but I just don't feel they fit ! I might need to give it some time - see how I feel after thinking about them a bit longer.

Plus Obv me and dh have to agree- I tend to prefer more traditional names and he likes bit more obscure and unique names ! X

Try on the name genie website it a section called test drive. It helps you test the name out and get a feel for it. I seriously thought I'd have to pick a name in the hospital I was being so picky but you have to have the right feeling before you can be set. Seeing my little guy on ultrasound so active and doing stuff all the time I knew what type of name I wanted for him I just hadn't found out.

Hi ladies - how are we all doing!

Well looks like we are having babies next month eeeek!

Is everyone feeling calm and collected and prepared?

My journey re planning for birth has been a whirlwind... I started with saying I wanted an elective section following my c section previously and now I am seriously considering a homebirth!

It's not the recommendation for previous section but I am doing everything I can to make a natural birth possible for me and it may just be that the calm and familiar surroundings of home, with 2 midwives to look after me is just what I need!

How is everyone else doing?

I know so close!!

I'm having a c-section and while I'm glad my lady parts and bum wont get damaged, I still really wanted to experience my water breaking and labor etc. but for me the risk to health and future is far to much to even try it so I'm just hoping my water breaks the morning of or something haha! I think if I could have a vaginal birth I would try a water birth :)

Is it the vbac risk of rupture hats made you decide that babyvaugn?,or have you got additional complications.

I am a bit nervous about my lady parts and bum lol! X

I have never had a baby but I have had several major abdominal surgeries and in my bottom, I don't have a colon anymore I have something called a Jpouch due to inflammatory bowel diease. I have bad adhesions all over but also connecting my uterus and pouch. Labor could tear my pouch poisoning both me and baby, they wouldnt be able to repair it or my bum if it was to tear as its all weakened a lot already so I would have to go back to colostomy bag. While another surgery isn't good and I will have more scarrying its the better choice of the two!

Oh my -well I completely understand why you have chosen the option you have.

C sections can be made beautiful too. There are ways of making it more relaxed and you can still have skin to skin etc if that's what you want :) its exciting to know exactly when you will have your baby :),xx

Hi ladies :hi:

Fuschia - it's good to hear from you!! I went from wanting an elective section, to wanting a more natural birth. I still have to deliver in hospital because of other health risks, but I'm hoping to go as natural as possible. Baby may have other ideas though - he/she is in oblique position - if baby doesn't turn soon I suspect they'll go straight for a section for me. My other health risks include a complicated blood disorder, so my blood doesn't clot well. The most important thing is that me & bubs are safe & healthy at the end. Good for you considering a home birth though - how exciting!!! :)

Babyv - I'm sure your section will be fine & is the best option for you. I imagine recovery from a section will be much easier than recovery from the possible complications you describe from a vaginal birth. With my first (natural) birth - my waters didn't go until I was 10cm & pushing. They actually hurt when they popped because they were so low down!!! So I had the natural birth, but not the typical "waters go and then contractions build" type. You just never know what will happen - I'm sure your section will be lovely :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->