July/August 2023

Is anyone else harvesting and collecting colostrum? I’ve got just less than 1ml on my first kind of try.

I usually leak during the pregnancy but I’m not leaking this go-around, I just thought I’d squeeze between my thumb and middle finger and a bit came out, then a bit more so I’ve saved it. It’s now in the freezer and dated. <3

I don’t plan to harvest anymore until I hit 36/37 weeks.

Disclaimer: Always check with your doctor whether it’s safe for you to collect it and NEVER use a pump as this could cause contractions and pre-term Labour.
Wow so jealous. I just tried last night just incase they do c section next week. I tried both boobs for about 20 mins and only got 0.1 haha. I’ve never been able express even with 100% breastfeeding baby maybe everyone is different hopefully means I have plenty of milk. they always put on weight.
If emergency n baby needs it and I’m not able to maybe they hav some liquid gold from someone else but it feels a bit weird to me lol

@tdog so glad baby is happy. Sounds like might be bed rest for you for a lil bit ? :( how’s hubby going?
Trying to see how far along you are but I can’t for some reason :(

@MumwithPCOS they don't say bed rest as such as they no you have day to day stuff like other kids or shopping (not strenuous shopping obviously lol, but does look like I'll have to take maternity early :shrug: I'm 32 weeks now at minimum 5 weeks left if he stays there, they gave given me steroids to help his lungs just my blood sugars all over now fgs xx

Dumb about your blood sugars hun sucks heaps. You cleaning still? Yeah no problems if doing a desk job but cleanings hard on your body when high risk. You’re a super star for keeping on so long xxx hope your sugars start acting right.

Ive stopped working now but cleaned one large house yesterday and didn’t wanna wake up today. I don’t think I did a very good job lol never mind.
Super lazy this week but write lists everyday that I never accomplish.

Dumb about your blood sugars hun sucks heaps. You cleaning still? Yeah no problems if doing a desk job but cleanings hard on your body when high risk. You’re a super star for keeping on so long xxx hope your sugars start acting right.

Ive stopped working now but cleaned one large house yesterday and didn’t wanna wake up today. I don’t think I did a very good job lol never mind.
Super lazy this week but write lists everyday that I never accomplish.

No love I'm a waitress and can get really really busy :shrug: they have said not to do to much tho xx

@MumwithPCOS - Some people just don’t get on with a pump, period. My only advice as an experienced mama is to absolutely make sure you’re using the correct size flange as this can and does impact what comes out.

As for buying other peoples colostrum and breast milk - I can’t talk. I run a facebook group with 5K members and its only purpose is about buying, selling or donating breast milk in the UK. :haha:

@tdog, sending you so much love! I hope they’re able to send you home today and that you can take leave early and try to rest as much as you can, easier said than done I know when you’ve got a large family. <3

My last ever 4D scan tomorrow, so excited!

@Jess0685 thanks lovely unfortunately I had another bleed last night so have to stay in again :cry: but safety of baby and he all that matters :) what fb group you run love I'm on a few breastfeeding ones when I had quinn as I was worried but as you say 100% the right flange and pump can impact your pumping I new I had fhe wrong ones, I'm a 17mm on one boob and 15mm on another lopsided Annie here :rofl: oh good luck on your 4d scan love last ever one bless xx

@Jess0685 thanks lovely unfortunately I had another bleed last night so have to stay in again :cry: but safety of baby and he all that matters :) what fb group you run love I'm on a few breastfeeding ones when I had quinn as I was worried but as you say 100% the right flange and pump can impact your pumping I new I had fhe wrong ones, I'm a 17mm on one boob and 15mm on another lopsided Annie here :rofl: oh good luck on your 4d scan love last ever one bless xx

Gosh, I’m sorry! Do they know where the bleeding is coming from? I bought the Momcosy S12 pro and they come with huge 24mm flanges so I used my nipple ruler :haha: and bought some that are 21mm so hopefully they’ll be okay. <3

@Jess0685 oh that's interesting, Ill look up how to measure my nipples lol. ill try again tonight just hand xpressing which ive not done before maybe if i look at baby pictures lol its all in the mind apparently 8-[

@tdog that's no good. oh i hope little man can bake a bit longer for you [-o&lt;

@Jess0685 that's the pump I'm going with as it has such good reviews and also want the massagers aswell :) they think the bleed could have been from the placenta because its low lying aswell xx

Does the Momcozy come with a nipple measure guide? I haven't opened the box yet!

Been for a spa day today with DH. It's been absolutely bliss to just relax and chill all day

Does the Momcozy come with a nipple measure guide? I haven't opened the box yet!

Been for a spa day today with DH. It's been absolutely bliss to just relax and chill all day

It does yes! So mine measured 19mm and they give you a chart to refer to and basically I needed 21mm flanges.

I have just hand expressed and got 1ml EACH breast today! So that’s now in the freezer too. :haha:

Attachments

• IMG_3373.jpeg
    IMG_3373.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6
That's amazing! I haven't tried properly yet, do you just syringe up as it comes out?

I got a naughty list letter today saying I'd claimed for a maternity exemption on a prescription that I wasn't entitled to :-k
Not quite sure sure but I never received my NHS exemption card but last time I picked up a prescription the pharmacist never even questioned if I was paying. They are asking me to submit evidence, my Mum said just send a pic of your bump! I'll have to speak to MW on Monday about it as it's saying if not I have to pay £100!!!

@tdog how’s things going today?

@Jess0685 thats a good idea with the spoon. Asked hubby to see if there was anything in there but he declined rofl. He just laughed rolled his eyes and left the room lol he’s so freaked out by this pregnancy.

it’s winter here in aus and made a choc pudding last night ahhh wow hit the spot. that’s the trouble with making desert one night it seems to keep happening every night after that… and here I am at lunch time eating left over pudding instead of a salad lol

@MumwithPCOS still in here for now love but has been talk about me going home today tho, no more bleeding, when I had scan tho they have said the placenta has gone lower xx

@MumwithPCOS still in here for now love but has been talk about me going home today tho, no more bleeding, when I had scan tho they have said the placenta has gone lower xx

Gosh, bless you! I hate being in hospital so I can sympathise. I hope you’re able to cook him a little longer hun.

Getting ready for my last ever 4d / HD Live scan. I must remember to ask if baby has hair. :haha:

Still stubborn, still breech but still a little cutie. <3

Attachments

• C03D6A61-B1B7-4E3D-A656-345C2EBFA45D.jpeg
    C03D6A61-B1B7-4E3D-A656-345C2EBFA45D.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member