July/August 2023

Thanks @MrsLux and @tdog I know it’s funny how it starts going faster now when have so much to get organised!

@MrsLux I looked up the ninja creami I never knew they existed I want one now!
No food obsessions yet but getting some sorbet tomorrow now lol

Not really keen for food with this Bub

Loving citrus coz it’s in season atm.

Once a fortnight or something if I don’t get a magnum Icecream I will cry haha.

What genders is everyone having? I haven’t looked through the thread enough. I’m having third boy

@MumwithPCOS I'm having my 5th boy :shrug: think in here we are all boys lol, I feel awful for saying it but I secretly want3d a girl doesn't mean I won't love like the others at all xx

I always wanting strawberries and hallumi fries are my fav right now lol xx

You Def need one in your life!

Thanks @MrsLux and @tdog I know it’s funny how it starts going faster now when have so much to get organised!

What genders is everyone having? I haven’t looked through the thread enough. I’m having third boy

Started eating Medjool dates yesterday after reading the research about them a while back.

Dates During Pregnancy: Do They Really Ease Labor?

To summarise

1. According to this study, women who ate six dates a day for the four weeks leading up to their due date were:

74% more dilated than non-date eaters at admission to birthplace
38% more likely to have intact membranes
21% more likely to spontaneously go into labor
28% less likely to use prostin/oxytocin to induce labor
Additionally, the date eaters had:

77% shorter first stage of labor
2. Published in the Journal of Midwifery & Reproductive Health, this study looked at date consumption in late pregnancy as it related to cervical ripening, and found that women who ate 70-75 grams of dates per day after 37 weeks pregnant had:

50% higher Bishop scores at admission to birthplace
43% lower rates of cesarean section
51% lower rates of vacuum/forceps
Plus, the date eaters were

55% less likely to use oxytocin to induce labor
68% more likely to have a successful vaginal delivery after labor induction

Worth a go hey, and they make a nice snack despite the fact I previously thought I didn't like them! I managed to get a huge punnet of them from Costco!

@MrsLux that was very interesting don't no weather would help me tho lol my last baby was born within 10 mins from start to finish :blush: xx

Anyone else been having leaky girls :shrug: I really need to get some syringes so can collect what's leaking never had this in my other pregnancies but I did breastfeed last one for 14 months (pumping but still breast lol) xx

@MrsLux that was very interesting don't no weather would help me tho lol my last baby was born within 10 mins from start to finish :blush: xx

Anyone else been having leaky girls :shrug: I really need to get some syringes so can collect what's leaking never had this in my other pregnancies but I did breastfeed last one for 14 months (pumping but still breast lol) xx
No liquid leakage but Def noticed some dried!
I got some syringes off Amazon a few weeks ago. I've never got anything before in previous pregnancies though

No liquid leakage but Def noticed some dried!
I got some syringes off Amazon a few weeks ago. I've never got anything before in previous pregnancies though

That's where I may get mine from prob the collection cups they only the little ones they use in hospital aswell xx

Started eating Medjool dates yesterday after reading the research about them a while back.

Dates During Pregnancy: Do They Really Ease Labor?

To summarise

1. According to this study, women who ate six dates a day for the four weeks leading up to their due date were:

74% more dilated than non-date eaters at admission to birthplace
38% more likely to have intact membranes
21% more likely to spontaneously go into labor
28% less likely to use prostin/oxytocin to induce labor
Additionally, the date eaters had:

77% shorter first stage of labor
2. Published in the Journal of Midwifery & Reproductive Health, this study looked at date consumption in late pregnancy as it related to cervical ripening, and found that women who ate 70-75 grams of dates per day after 37 weeks pregnant had:

50% higher Bishop scores at admission to birthplace
43% lower rates of cesarean section
51% lower rates of vacuum/forceps
Plus, the date eaters were

55% less likely to use oxytocin to induce labor
68% more likely to have a successful vaginal delivery after labor induction

Worth a go hey, and they make a nice snack despite the fact I previously thought I didn't like them! I managed to get a huge punnet of them from Costco!
I hope this works nicely for you. I was completely opposite @tdog & I tried everything imaginable, had 4 days trying to induce in the hospital, and still went to 42 weeks, needing an emergency c section. I really hope this pregnancy is a better delivery experience. So far the pregnancy has been so much more difficult!

I did this trick starting 37 weeks and i enjoyed mine with a little peanut butter or almond butter in the middle, a few mini chocolate chips, then put in the freezer! But i live in a desert and my son was due in the middle of the hottest part of the year lol. I loved those frozen treats each day! Good luck!

I hope this works nicely for you. I was completely opposite @tdog & I tried everything imaginable, had 4 days trying to induce in the hospital, and still went to 42 weeks, needing an emergency c section. I really hope this pregnancy is a better delivery experience. So far the pregnancy has been so much more difficult!

I did this trick starting 37 weeks and i enjoyed mine with a little peanut butter or almond butter in the middle, a few mini chocolate chips, then put in the freezer! But i live in a desert and my son was due in the middle of the hottest part of the year lol. I loved those frozen treats each day! Good luck!

I get induced at 37 weeks anyway and if I'm honest that was the worse labour ever the contractions were so full on all the time but nothing until next day :shrug: I no its always worth a try but I think all the things they say that induce labour are really old wife's tales xx

They sound delicious! I've seen people stuff them with peanut butter, dip in choc and freeze!

3rd boy here too x

I've been leaking since before my bfp lol
It's definitely ramped up a bit the last few weeks x

I've been leaking since before my bfp lol
It's definitely ramped up a bit the last few weeks x

Atleast not just me :haha: in my 6 successful pregnancies I've never had this before xx

Have any of you ladies suffering with hip/SPD/lower back pain tried kinesio tape?
My husband put some on for me yesterday and it's given me so much relief. My husband is an ex PT so had experience doing it before but we just got some off Amazon (he had some already but I wanted a pretty colour haha) then followed a YouTube tutorial. It's making moving in bed and getting up so much easier x

Have any of you ladies suffering with hip/SPD/lower back pain tried kinesio tape?
My husband put some on for me yesterday and it's given me so much relief. My husband is an ex PT so had experience doing it before but we just got some off Amazon (he had some already but I wanted a pretty colour haha) then followed a YouTube tutorial. It's making moving in bed and getting up so much easier x

Oh never tried that before my hips feel like they going to come out the sockets everytime I move lol xx

This is the video I used but there's loads depending on your need!

I’ve never eaten dates in pregnancy or drank RLT and my babes have been born in 1 push. Crowned with one and full bodies delivered on the second push. :haha:

Do your kegals, they’ll help you more than RLT, dates or anything else. My pelvic floor is that strong that when I orgasm I can and do push my husband out. :oops:

I’ve just booked my last ever 4D scan and I’m so emotional about it. Breast pump is arriving today as are 3 different varieties of postpartum pads. Colostrum collection syringes tomorrow and for shits and giggles, I’ve even got a first response being delivered tonight. :haha:

I can’t believe we’ve only got another two weeks with these little terrors. :cry:

Attachments

• IMG_3256.jpeg
    IMG_3256.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I’ve never eaten dates in pregnancy or drank RLT and my babes have been born in 1 push. Crowned with one and full bodies delivered on the second push. :haha:

Do your kegals, they’ll help you more than RLT, dates or anything else. My pelvic floor is that strong that when I orgasm I can and do push my husband out. :oops:

I’ve just booked my last ever 4D scan and I’m so emotional about it. Breast pump is arriving today as are 3 different varieties of postpartum pads. Colostrum collection syringes tomorrow and for shits and giggles, I’ve even got a first response being delivered tonight. :haha:
That’s funny because my strength worked against me. My body was so locked down and secure they couldnt even get a balloon catheter in after 2 doses of cervadel! I never dilated even 0.5cm. I was told that it was due to running the entire pregnancy. I ran 4 miles each day and by month 9 i dropped it down to 3 miles, stopping each mile to adjust my belly band. Doc said the running created such strength that nothing was able to kickstart labor!
My baby boy was 22.5” long at birth. He took up the place!! Im hoping this baby girl may be easier delivery.

This is a wonderful tip, thank you! I read about it with my first pregnancy but didnt try it. This pregnancy is much more challenging for me. My hubby has a lot of knowledge in the pt area too so im sure he’ll be able to help me out with this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->