July/August 2023

@Shezza84uk I no they measure in mm so when I had a scan at 28 weeks it was 16mm then at 32 weeks the scan showed it was 13mm which they said it had gone lower, I had placenta previa with my 4th but it had moved by the time it had come to my 32 week scan, they said it isn't covering completely but it's low and seems to have been getting lower, they didn't say no sex but for me because I had the massive bleed and still spotting I've just used my initiative and thought not risking it :shrug: xx

@MumwithPCOS - I’m glad they told you and really hope your anxiety calms down. I can understand why you’re anxious though, you’ll feel so much pressure and I bet that is stressful! I wish I was 39 weeks and the end was closer in sight. :haha: I’m going to start gentle natural induction methods from next Thursday YAY, I can’t wait.

I’m also hoping that baby is low enough for a stretch and sweep at my next appt - I’ll be 37w exactly.

Oh nice hun! So true except now 39 weeks is here I don’t really feel like giving birth anymore lol. I hope it goes quick for you won’t be long who knows you might be in before me.

@tdog nah you couldn’t be rude if you tried xxx aw I totally understand the fear of having to have last baby a c section especially if had relatively good births. I hope for a natural for you xxx

@MumwithPCOS thanks love all my births have been let's say easyish well as births go, so I'm dreading the scan if I'm honest, as of Friday I'll be on labour watch as I'm 35 weeks all my boys have come just over 35 weeks so I'm nervous very nervous xx

@MumwithPCOS thanks love all my births have been let's say easyish well as births go, so I'm dreading the scan if I'm honest, as of Friday I'll be on labour watch as I'm 35 weeks all my boys have come just over 35 weeks so I'm nervous very nervous xx

Haha easy as births can be. Yes my mum said the other day birth was painful but not that bad and I’m thinking wow I guess over the years you must forget but I know every woman goes through it differently. Although she was a midwife so I’m guessing they’d have to harden their hearts to the pain a lil bit to get through the day.
Yes same my boys were ‘easy’ except for the bone crushing pain that is still so vivid. Eeep. Women been doing it for many years tho starting to get nervous. Hope I get excited about it again.
Sorry just having an over thinking day today about it.

I think I must have had comparatively 'easy' births compared to some, despite having inductions. I quite enjoyed it, obviously yes it hurt but it made me feel so strong and empowered!
I'm really on the countdown now!

I want a repeat of my daughters birth, 3cm to in my arms in under 48 minutes. :haha:

I want a repeat of my daughters birth, 3cm to in my arms in under 48 minutes. :haha:

Same girl but he was 10 mins start to finish :blush: :haha: xx

@MumwithPCOS I've got a high pain threshold tbh so I didn't think it was that bad but yes every women is different and everyone handles pain differently xx

Same girl but he was 10 mins start to finish :blush: :haha: xx

@MumwithPCOS I've got a high pain threshold tbh so I didn't think it was that bad but yes every women is different and everyone handles pain differently xx
Woah 10 mins amazing! I hope you live close to the hospital lol

Mine were slow starters but then went from 4cm-10cm very quickly!
I've gone for gel pessary induction, midwife said about balloon induction but the Consultant said they can be very slow?

I know! Bittersweet as this is 100% the last time for me. Last time I will feel a life inside me like this. Very proud of my body!
I keep being asked if I'm 'ready' ready as I'll ever be I suppose haha

I'm feeling a bit paranoid about the pushchair as we got one second hand and unfortunately it smelt of cigarettes. I've literally had it since I was a few weeks pregnant and it's all been washed down as much as I can and aired out but I still feel like I can smell it, DH can't smell it so maybe me being paranoid.

I know! Bittersweet as this is 100% the last time for me. Last time I will feel a life inside me like this. Very proud of my body!
I keep being asked if I'm 'ready' ready as I'll ever be I suppose haha

I'm feeling a bit paranoid about the pushchair as we got one second hand and unfortunately it smelt of cigarettes. I've literally had it since I was a few weeks pregnant and it's all been washed down as much as I can and aired out but I still feel like I can smell it, DH can't smell it so maybe me being paranoid.

It might be because you senses are heightened that's why you can smell it still xx

Hey ladies,
@tdog sorry I've been MIA lately, been really busy with work and some family issues.
But tomorrow is my last day of work! I took lots of vacay time before maternity leave, so I am very excited.

So many of you are so close to the finish line. I'm so excited to see some squishy faces.

Hey ladies,
@tdog sorry I've been MIA lately, been really busy with work and some family issues.
But tomorrow is my last day of work! I took lots of vacay time before maternity leave, so I am very excited.

So many of you are so close to the finish line. I'm so excited to see some squishy faces.

Bet you can't wait either then before you no it it be your turn :) hope all the family is OK lovely xx

Ok TMI question warning...

How do I know the difference between plug and heavy discharge?

Ok TMI question warning...

How do I know the difference between plug and heavy discharge?

The plug is like a TMI snot/jelly consistency and heavy discharge (if like mine) is very watery xx

I'm really trying not to hit panic mode....but could use some feedback.
Had my 32 week Dr appointment yesterday. I lost weight, and my Fundal height (uterine measurements) were low.
At 29 weeks my uterus measured 29 cm.
Now at 32, I'm measuring still 29!

They are sending me for an ultrasound to 'just make sure everything is ok', but it is a holiday here so even the hospital is closed.
Can't even get an appointment until monday and then, not sure when that'll be.

Dr suspects low amniotic fluid or fetal growth restriction.

Has anyone else had low fundal height and baby was just fine??? Neither of those issues were at play?

Sorry I don't have any experience to share.
Fundal height is quite subjective and measurements can vary. Sorry you have to wait to get reassurance

I'm really trying not to hit panic mode....but could use some feedback.
Had my 32 week Dr appointment yesterday. I lost weight, and my Fundal height (uterine measurements) were low.
At 29 weeks my uterus measured 29 cm.
Now at 32, I'm measuring still 29!

They are sending me for an ultrasound to 'just make sure everything is ok', but it is a holiday here so even the hospital is closed.
Can't even get an appointment until monday and then, not sure when that'll be.

Dr suspects low amniotic fluid or fetal growth restriction.

Has anyone else had low fundal height and baby was just fine??? Neither of those issues were at play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->