July/August 2023

@sallyhansen76 I don't mean to butt in our of nowhere but I have been silently following all the pregnancy groups so I read your concern about your fundal height. I just wanted to mention that with my first, my fundal height plateaued at 32cm. I carried her til 41+3 and she was 8lbs at birth I did get a growth scan after a few weeks of no increase in my fundal height (I think I was 36 weeks). She was fine and I had normal fluid levels I think in the end my fundal height did go up a tiny bit more, but it was never more than 34 or 35cm by the time she was born.

Thank you @NDH That is incredibly reassuring!

I just need to hang onto that for....a couple of days! xxxx

I'm really trying not to hit panic mode....but could use some feedback.
Had my 32 week Dr appointment yesterday. I lost weight, and my Fundal height (uterine measurements) were low.
At 29 weeks my uterus measured 29 cm.
Now at 32, I'm measuring still 29!

They are sending me for an ultrasound to 'just make sure everything is ok', but it is a holiday here so even the hospital is closed.
Can't even get an appointment until monday and then, not sure when that'll be.

Dr suspects low amniotic fluid or fetal growth restriction.

Has anyone else had low fundal height and baby was just fine??? Neither of those issues were at play?
Hugs!!! Praying all is well with little man! I do have experience with IUGR (Hayley was extremely IUGR, measuring a month behind), but my fundal height was normal the entire time and nothing indicated that she was so tiny until the ultrasound they gave me the night she was born. So, in my experience, fundal height isn’t an accurate measurement for growth, although I know that was opposite situation. Hopefully it’s just inaccurate and little man is just tucked nicely in there ❤️

Thank you @NDH That is incredibly reassuring!

I just need to hang onto that for....a couple of days! xxxx
Eeek I hate the waiting. Hope he is just hiding away for you. I know Ive stayed the same since 32 weeks apparently if they’re down in pelvis a bit maybe ? Idk. Hope everything is all good xxx

@MrsLux tmi warning…..
i notice I’m just losing little bits of plug this time since 36 weeks. Discharge has increased last two weeks which is ranging from creamy to thin. But the little bits of jelly stuff seems to happen if I’ve done more than usual or feel bubs head pressing down a lot so assuming that’s the plug. Haven’t had any with blood yet but I didn’t with either boys to my memory.

Getting excited and relaxed about birth again I think not freaking out anymore lol

anyone else have a large hernia above belly button? I think I’m concerned about pushing with a hernia but I’ve gotten a support belt and feel heaps more assured it will be fine. Can’t wait to get it fixed after Bub.

Hey ladies been away for a while and was so excited to get back on and see if anyone has had their babies but I see we're all still cooking these boys of ours.

I've been suffering with very strong contractions but so so irregular (like one or two a day if that) but they've found protein in my urine yesterday and think it could be from a UTI?

Baby is measuring fab and I am feeling poo lol, the heat and humidity in the UK is ridiculous right now.

I am officially on get this baby out of me duty!

Hope you are all feeling okay and taking it easy?

I've started with the Clary sage oil!
Put some in my bath last night and I've got some on a little cloth tucked down my top! DH not impressed as he has his last long bike ride tomorrow morning!!

I've started with the Clary sage oil!
Put some in my bath last night and I've got some on a little cloth tucked down my top! DH not impressed as he has his last long bike ride tomorrow morning!!

oooh I just looked this up thanks for the tip :)

Oh we are all so so close now ladies xx

I thought was in labour last night if honest I was having very regular braxton hicks and very painful in back, he still very much in there lol xx

You’re right there @tdog! I’m hoping baby is low enough I can get a stretch and sweep on Thursday!

This week has been such a crap week for us, I’ll have to update my journal thing. :haha:

I've not heard of babies position in pelvis affecting whether you can have a membrane sweep or not before?
Get on your birth ball if you have one!
It's 30° here today and I've had enough I'm not gunna lie!!!

I've not heard of babies position in pelvis affecting whether you can have a membrane sweep or not before?
Get on your birth ball if you have one!
It's 30° here today and I've had enough I'm not gunna lie!!!

They like baby to be starting to engage and low in the pelvis to ensure baby doesn’t flip to breech which could compromise the cord if you go into Labour.

The midwife can’t sweep before 39 weeks without the permission of the consultant, so if the consultant can’t do the sweep on Thursday, I will at least ask them to give permission to my community midwife. :haha:

I live on my birthing ball, it’s how I turned the stubborn breech I had. <3

You’re right there @tdog! I’m hoping baby is low enough I can get a stretch and sweep on Thursday!

This week has been such a crap week for us, I’ll have to update my journal thing. :haha:

me too for Thursday lol it’ll be my due date n they don’t do any interventions til 40 weeks at my hospital so might be s&s buddies

sorry to hear you’ve had a rough week xxx

I don’t have a birthing ball but might go out tomorrow to get at oil and a birthing ball :) apparently they’re good to sit on to rock bub to sleep too so it won’t be a waste

Has anyone else got a date for induction or c section?
I can't believe how close its getting! Went through my bags with the DH this weekend
I have gone for some of the disposable knicker pad things this time, haven't used them before. It's hilarious how they try and make them all lacy and sexy...who we kidding?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230626-090941.png
    Screenshot_20230626-090941.png
    970.1 KB · Views: 5
Has anyone else got a date for induction or c section?
I can't believe how close its getting! Went through my bags with the DH this weekend
I have gone for some of the disposable knicker pad things this time, haven't used them before. It's hilarious how they try and make them all lacy and sexy...who we kidding?

I use them when I'm on my period and do you no what they are amazing and feel amazing so I ordered loads lol.

I haven't got a date yet but I'm back in clinic on the 10th July (if he still on there) but I'll be 37+3 then and I no they like to induce at 37 xx

Those ones look comfy actually. Was thinking of doing that too. Hey at least sexier than the adult diapers I’ve got packed so far haha. They’ll never know….

Getting some extra contractions today and honestly cannot bear to have anything in my bladder at all. Can feel Bub on cervix heaps last few days.

my mother in law staying with us has a cold and my youngest has caught it. Only a 2 days until due date so hoping I don’t get it but these things can’t be helped. I can only try my best. Not stressing about it.

@MumwithPCOS you are so so close!!

I'm just hoping these pants for rustle around as move haha

Dare I say it I'm getting bored waiting now. I've just been for a wonder around a different supermarket to the one I usually shop at just for something to do! Picked up a load of crap I did t need like a kid that had been given some pocket money to spend! DH didn't complain only because I got him his favourite crisps!

@MrsLux nah I totally understand I felt a bit purposeless at 37-39 weeks had the blues just because it’s sorta in the middle. Not working but don’t really want to be at the same time. And there’s only so much getting ready you can do! Felt like sitting back and having a few drinks but not allowed!. So I shopped too lol. Love it that the crisps made it no worries. Thinking of starting to knit a blanket to keep me occupied incase I go over.

@MumwithPCOS I made baby some outfits last week from my remaining fabric stash but I ended up with horrendously swollen feet! I've still got some bits I want to make but trying to work out how I can sit down and cut out fabric has left me baffled!

@MumwithPCOS I made baby some outfits last week from my remaining fabric stash but I ended up with horrendously swollen feet! I've still got some bits I want to make but trying to work out how I can sit down and cut out fabric has left me baffled!

Aw no is that sitting at the sewing machine causing it? Bummer!! not sure why I haven’t had any probs with swelling it must be an uncomfortable feeling.

Would be too hard to do with feet raised lol would need a photo of that ;)

I have really swollen feet even when it went that tad bit cooler they are still like balloons :cry: and sore, I'm having really bad cramping this evening I'm hoping that's not him on the way altho be nice just a tad early as I no he would have to go into special care baby xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->