July/August 2023

It was a traumatic delivery for us both. Baby came out with a heartbeat of just 3 BPM and needed to be resuscitated for over 20 minutes. Agpar score of just one.

He’s doing a lot better than I am but we are both still really poorly.

View attachment 1116723
Sounds horrific. Was that because of how overdue he was?

It was a traumatic delivery for us both. Baby came out with a heartbeat of just 3 BPM and needed to be resuscitated for over 20 minutes. Agpar score of just one.

He’s doing a lot better than I am but we are both still really poorly.

View attachment 1116723
Massive congratulations to you! He is gorgeous!! I hope you both feel better soon! :cloud9:

@Jess0685 what went wrong for you to need the x-section at the end? (if it's not too traumatic for you to talk about) hood you are both doing well now x

Couldn’t bring his head into my pelvis and ruptured my uterus, which led to one very distressed baby. Thick meconium present and his heart rate dropped significantly.

Now imagine how much worse that would have been if I had been bullied and pressured into an induction?

Inductions force a harder and faster labour, the rupture would have been significantly worse and I question whether he would have even survived given how poorly he was with this minor rupture.

If I had to do it all again (and I won’t, because I chose to be sterilised this time) - I’d choose it all again.

Hopefully we will be discharged tomorrow!

Oh my gosh how traumatic for you and baby so glad all well tho with you and baby xx

@Jess0685 wow I've never heard of a rupture that all sounds so scary! So did they tie your tubes while fixing you up? Gosh it just sounds so traumatic! :hugs:

Just quickly checking in:
Roman-Olivier was born the 23rd quickly and smoothly.
Water broke at 1:15 pm without contractions and he was born at 8:24 pm. Contractions (more than I was having) started at 5 pm..so all in all went really well!!

7lbs11oz and feeding like a champ. Should be going home in a few hours. :)

We are smitten

Congratulations @sallyhansen76 on your little boy! <3
Is that all of us now?

@Jess0685 that sounds so scary. I hope you are recovering well and are able to go home with your little Noah soon [-o&lt;

We should update the front page and add our little ones names. Can't believe how fast this final pregnancy and birth journey has gone with you ladies! Can't get my head around the fact it's all over x

Water broke at 1:15 pm without contractions and he was born at 8:24 pm. Contractions (more than I was having) started at 5 pm..so all in all went really well!!

We are smitten

Congratulations! :happydance:

We are smitten
Congratulations!!! What a beautiful name! <3

Oh my gosh @Jess0685 I'm so sorry to hear.. What has happened to need so many surgeries? I hope you can get well enough to start enjoying your new baby soon x

I hope everyone is doing a lot better than us.

I was re-admitted to hospital over two weeks ago and had emergency surgery on the Monday. Since that operation two weeks ago, my wound has stayed OPEN and I am having a third surgery (hopefully this week) to close the wound.

This was my last ever baby and I’ve missed out on his first month of life, I haven’t been able to care for him let alone care for myself. I am literally living my worst nightmare and can’t wait for it all to be over.

I suffer so many complications following surgery yet I’ve had to have an emergency caesarean, a follow up emergency operation and now a third operation is on the cards.

Photo of my last available vein after all the others collapsed due to trauma.

View attachment 1117021
Jesus @Jess0685 that is some post partum madness!

Are you okay? Like really okay?
As I can only imagine how difficult that has been?
What's happened? Are you stable now?
Sending so much love and strength to you and hoping you're on the road to recovery asap!

Take care love, be easy on yourself x

Oh my gosh @Jess0685 so sorry to be reading this I can only imagine what your going through I hope for a speedy recovery for you sending much love xxx

Thanks ladies!
Finally had my third (and hopefully last) surgery on Friday, all stitched up now and sealed back up.

Hopefully this recovery is for real and I can be a proper mother to my baby once healed. I am watching other people raise him, I feel so helpless and I am really not okay. Each operation has f**ked me up and I am really, really not okay. :(

Have the hospital offered you councilling for the trauma you've been through? Definitely ask for it just to talk things through and articulate what's happened. The bond with bub will come darling you've been through such an awful lot please be kind to yourself x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->