July/August 2023

Wow 44 weeks jess! You are super woman!!

Hitting due date today, still no baby but scheduled an appointment Thursday to discuss induction options and date.

I'm not sleeping much as contractions are still round the clock. Fully effaced and 4 cm but can't seem to kick past that.
Day 16 of steady contractions.

Praying baby comes on his own before Thursday because this in between limbo, living on the edge of your seat, is not for me.

Sorry for the radio silence guys!

Been a funny few weeks
Struggled with milk supply so having to express and bottle feed what I can pump and top up the rest with formula. Currently taking Domperidone to try and increase supply.
He took until 3 weeks to get back to birth weight which made me super anxious and a bit upset about my supply issue.
Freddie was in hospital last week with Bronchiolitis which was horrible, luckily he is on the mend now having also had conjunctivitis.

Will be reading through to have a catch up!

Sorry for the radio silence guys!

Been a funny few weeks
Struggled with milk supply so having to express and bottle feed what I can pump and top up the rest with formula. Currently taking Domperidone to try and increase supply.
He took until 3 weeks to get back to birth weight which made me super anxious and a bit upset about my supply issue.
Freddie was in hospital last week with Bronchiolitis which was horrible, luckily he is on the mend now having also had conjunctivitis.

Will be reading through to have a catch up!

Awww love so sorry to here about little one so glad he on the mend, I'm with you on the supply bit I've been pumping since day one but I feel its not filling him up so we have to top up with formula and I hate it :( xx

Awww love so sorry to here about little one so glad he on the mend, I'm with you on the supply bit I've been pumping since day one but I feel its not filling him up so we have to top up with formula and I hate it :( xx
I find it super hard to not take it personally and we a 'failure' atleast I'll be able to look back and know I did my best! Or so I keep telling myself!!

I find it super hard to not take it personally and we a 'failure' atleast I'll be able to look back and know I did my best! Or so I keep telling myself!!

I already had that exact conversation with oh men just don't understand why I feel luke such a failure why I feel like such a shit mam, it even got to the point today that I even packed my pump away, he went out to get it and come back in and said 'get on that' so have been on it but I doesn't help that I still feel like this, I need to go gp to see if they can help as I've tried everything, eating more, drinking loads the sleeping ain't working tho and power pumping but my supply is still crap xx

I already had that exact conversation with oh men just don't understand why I feel luke such a failure why I feel like such a shit mam, it even got to the point today that I even packed my pump away, he went out to get it and come back in and said 'get on that' so have been on it but I doesn't help that I still feel like this, I need to go gp to see if they can help as I've tried everything, eating more, drinking loads the sleeping ain't working tho and power pumping but my supply is still crap xx
What pump do you have?
I hired a hospital grade one but it hasn't made a huge difference to be honest. So I've got that, a single Medela swing that I use at night. I've also got a Momcozy but I don't rate it at all. I get about 1oz. I get about 3.5/4oz with the Medela's. I'm also taking Fenugreek supplement (which makes my sweat smell gross)

What pump do you have?
I hired a hospital grade one but it hasn't made a huge difference to be honest. So I've got that, a single Medela swing that I use at night. I've also got a Momcozy but I don't rate it at all. I get about 1oz. I get about 3.5/4oz with the Medela's. I'm also taking Fenugreek supplement (which makes my sweat smell gross)

I use the spectra s1 and tbh it is good I get about 3-4oz of one side and 2oz of the crap side but that's early on then through day I'm lucky I'd get 30ml because through the night I'm so exhausted to even pump :cry: Leo is such a restless baby he doesn't sleep much just crys but it's a cry where you don't no what is wrong, I have the swing aswell do you have it plugged in or battery? Xx

What pump do you have?

Oh and the momcozy just leaked all over they are crap xx

@MrsLux sorry you've had a poorly little one hope he's OK now, sounds like a rough few weeks.
Silly question, why are you ladies pumping so much/at all? Is it to feed baby when you aren't there so you can catch a break or so oh can do night feeds etc? It just seems like such a chore!
With my first I tried pumping when she was around 9 months as I was going away for 2 nights, I bitterly regret it now, it was awful, she hated the bottle and I hated the pump. It took so long to get her to take it and was so traumatic I vowed never again. So my second never had a bottle at all. He just went from boob to cup lol.
But having said that I had no issues with breastfeeding so I don't know if it helps somehow? Like I'm genuinely interested what it helps with cos I found it the most pointless waste of time and energy x

@Jess0685 hoping you are in labour right now!! Where has your ticker gone I was loving seeing how far you were!!

I exclusively pump as he has a really poor latch and wasn't transferring enough hence the struggle with weight gain. I give him as much as I can pump and then fill the gap with formula
I have no freezer stash or anything

@MrsLux sorry you've had a poorly little one hope he's OK now, sounds like a rough few weeks.
Silly question, why are you ladies pumping so much/at all? Is it to feed baby when you aren't there so you can catch a break or so oh can do night feeds etc? It just seems like such a chore!
With my first I tried pumping when she was around 9 months as I was going away for 2 nights, I bitterly regret it now, it was awful, she hated the bottle and I hated the pump. It took so long to get her to take it and was so traumatic I vowed never again. So my second never had a bottle at all. He just went from boob to cup lol.
But having said that I had no issues with breastfeeding so I don't know if it helps somehow? Like I'm genuinely interested what it helps with cos I found it the most pointless waste of time and energy x

I use the spectra s1 and tbh it is good I get about 3-4oz of one side and 2oz of the crap side but that's early on then through day I'm lucky I'd get 30ml because through the night I'm so exhausted to even pump :cry: Leo is such a restless baby he doesn't sleep much just crys but it's a cry where you don't no what is wrong, I have the swing aswell do you have it plugged in or battery? Xx
The swing is plugged in.
I usually get between 2-5oz depending on time of day. Night pump and first thing in the morning are my best pumps. Last one before bed is usually crap!!

Congratulations @Jess0685 I'm hoping everything went smoothly for you! And 9lb 1oz what a healthy little man...
Sorry about the blood loss and hoping you're recovering well. Sending love x

Awww congratulations @Jess0685 xx

@josephine3 I find it easier to pump purely because I have the other 6 kids to contend with and can't really have baby on me 24/7 and my me tal health can't deal with baby trying to latch on me I got so depressed with one of mine as he wouldn't latch, so that's why I pump so paul feeds him and I go on pump or I go on pump and do what I need to do xx

Hooray! Congrats @Jess0685 can't wait to hear more! I lost a lot of blood with my first I had to have a transfusion it was really quite scary hope you are both doing well xx

Oh @Jess0685 he’s just gorgeous. I am so sorry for thé trauma. Please rest up and take care and I’m sending my best thoughts to you and the sweet little guy <3

@Jess0685 congratulations momma he is beautiful. Finally we know the name now!! Love it! Gorgeous, little baby noah.
(We still have no inkling what baby boy will be..hahhaa im.really hoping his face inspires a name).

So sorry you had such trauma, but very glad you're both on the mend. Rest up and enjoy those cuddles

Ok ladies, i think I need the most labour vibes you can send your way, because I cannot take much more.
Contractions are steong enough to cause some serious back pain, sleep is almost non existent as no position relieves me.
The whole pregnancy was pretty smooth but these last few weeks havw been a special kind of physical and mental torture.
Thursday I have an appointment to schedule my induction at least so I have some light at the end of this tunnel. But I wouldn't mind baby deciding to finish this step and move on to the next.
Am I the last one waiting for baby now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->