July/August (Summer Sunbeams) 2012!

yeah everything is progressing. he is taking 20 ml's per hour now. He will have to have a nurse at home. yay for help!

Glad to hear it. :) some help will be good especially with feeding.

Im still up every 2 hours at night. Every hour after 3ish soo tired!

Yeh Samuel sleeps til 3 and then is pretty much every hour, yawn.

Dhime so glad your little one is fighting, i bet you'll be glad when you can safely take him home xx

Thanks for the update DHime...we are all here thinking about you and your family!

I hear you on the sleep...my son has slept 6 hours in a row, once, and it was when he spent the night with gramma! UGH!
He is up every hour after 3 as well...I wonder what is up with that? Seems like a pattern.

Mine sleeps for about a 4-5 1/2 hoir block and then he will be awake every 2 hours after that.

Glad to hear he's recovering well Dhime! And thats good you'll have some help at home. It will mkae the transition a bit easier!

isn't it funny that they only sleep a long time when someone else is watching. then they can't understand why you needed a break.
Tristan cried for 3 hours straight this afternoon. my hubbie got home and I handed the LO to him. he was asleep instantly. go figure....

Yes LO is home now. just still recovering. I am now used to the tube. still grody but I can do it
how is everyone?

that is so great he is home!! I'm so happy for you!

So happy he's home DHime!

OH and I are currently struggling with parenting. Gavin has regressed in sleep and contentment. He screams and screams and we cannot figure out why. He was up every hour last night. We just dont know what to do! I am starting to wonder if he has stomach problems because it seems as though he is in pain a lot of the time, especially at night. Its like he is so gassy he wakes up in pain.

Yay for your little one being home dhime!

Sleep hasnt much improved here but got him to a roughly 3 hour feed schedule which is making days easier as he was a serious snacker! I'm hoping when his gas is better he'll sleep for longer. I know the feeling kosmikitten his gas can be awful have you tried gripe water? I also find a bath helps when he's really in pain.

So glad to hear he is home with you and your dh Dhime!

Thanks TTC - Goodness that is a cute chubby wubby face! Makes you wanna pinch some cheeks!

lol Thanks! Yes, he's definitely a little chunker. He's a booby monster for sure. We have his 2 month baby check tomorrow. So we'll see how much he weighs now. He was 14.1lbs just over 2 weeks ago(at 6 weeks). So we'll see!

For the gassy babies, try out a happitummi (happitummi.com, or a little cheaper on Amazon)

Its not a miracle worker, but it does sooth my baby and calm him, sometimes even puts him to sleep!

So glad to hear that your LO is finally home with you Dhime!! Hopefully he's there to stay and you guys can finally get some normalcy and start a happy life together with your babe :)

Great news Dhime!

Kosmic have you looked into silent reflux? that was the trouble with our bub and we switched to a reflux formula and use infacol and gripe water before every feed, also the Avent bottles with the anti colic rings help, definitely feel your pain it's so hard when they cry and there is nothing you can do, breaks my heart sometimes! :hugs:

I love those Avent bottles! I find the Playtex Airflow ones work great too. They have these funky bottoms that you screw on and they have a bunch of little holes in it that make it so just about no air gets into your LO and just about no bubbles too when you mix the formula or whatever :)

I use the airvent bottles and like them!

Fun news on my end...baby Gavin rolled over from tummy to back yesterday! I thought it was a fluke but he did it again today, immediately when I put him on his tummy. He was too tired to do it again though! :) I even got it on video his first time! DH was so happy I caught it on video!

Growing too fast Kozmik!!

Samuel had a stint in hospital with a UTI and a virus at the same time, worried mummy no end :(

Not much going on here anymore!

Puppy, sorry about the lil guys problems! I hope they are sorted out by now and he's on his way to recovery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->