July/August (Summer Sunbeams) 2012!

Dhime that really puts my breastfeeding troubles into perspective! I really hope little Tristan is in your arms at home very soon :hugs:

DHime I would consider not only not less special but more special, as you have fought so hard and weathered so much to be a mother. you and Tristan will get through this together and I think it will bring you closer and bond you forever in a different way than the average moms experience. Lots of hugs and vibes sent your way! Xx

Carlybear - what a cute pic! Thanks and I hope that is true.

AFM - Tristan came home on Sunday and is already back in PICU due to his reflux and a bad reaction to the meds. They beleive he may be having seizures now. (sigh) Not sure why I was suprised. I broke down in tears when the doc said "I was really hoping you wouldn't be back". It wasn't what he said but how he said it. with genuine, honest sadness in his voice. Just like when the vet says they have to put your dog down. I couldn't even look at him after that and took about an hour to stop crying.

Its been such a long time ladies!!! I hate not having internet, but finally we moved to a place where we do have it so now I can get back in the loop!!

CONGRATS!!! To all the ladies that have had their babies!!! From what I've seen so far they're all GORGEOUS!! I finally had my Lilie Bean on July 27th at 11:56pm after 17 hours of labor. She was 9lb 2oz 22.5 inches long and in perfect health. We dealth with meniconium during labor and after but all is well.

SO HAPPY for everyone!! Motherhood has changed me completely, I can't imagine not having my Lilie <3

Mamabear - she is so cute!!!!!
Wow Marie - FX for you.
Lilosmom - Hang in there.
Jaz - Please don't wait and make your doc test you for ANY infections asap. Any infections can cause premature labor. (look at me for case and point) If you feel something isn't right then you are probably right. Either way, don't risk it. :hug:

AFM - DH is doing well and taking things in stride. He goes to school in the day time and work at night so I am on my own when it comes to baby care unless it is a weekend day.

They have changed DS's meds and his formula. Turns out he is allergic to milk too. :cry: Man that new stuff smells bad! It's like a dogs ass.
Hopefully the little guy will come home tomorrow. I told them not to even think about releasing him until they are sure he will be okay and not wind up right back in a few days.
Also, I know it may be repeatative but I can say I have never been so tired in my whole life but I love every minute of it. It is amazing how fast you fall in love with them once you get to really bond. I love to burp him on my shoulder so I can feel his breath in my ear and he likes to give me slobber kisses on my cheek while rooting. I love to hold him on my chest so I can smell him. I just hate putting him down. There is that wonderful 10 minutes of absolute cuteness between the time he wakes up and the time he gets demanding from hunger. I still won't let anyone else hold him unless they are a nurse or my DH. :haha:

you girls hanging on?

Aww that sounds so wonderful Dhime. I'm glad your enjoying him the best you can! I love those slobber kisses when my little guy is rooting around for a breast.

I hope your guy is able to come home for good really soon. I totally understand wanting them to be sure he is okay to come home so he doesn't have to go right back. That would be emotionally draining, him being back and forth all the time. Your doing so well!

DH what a lovely new pic! my fingers are crossed for him coming home for good. i love all those cuddles too, even when hes keeping me up all night i love them!

I am trying to hang on here. He has to have surgery now. I cried for about an hour meeting with the surgeon. I wish I could go in his place...

Oh no dhime. Im so sorry. My SIL feels the same way when my niece has to have open heart. It has to be sooo hard as a mom. Big huge hugs!

Will this surgery make it more likely that once he is home, he will stay home?

TTC - It should but he will still be VERY closely monitored by the surgeons etc...
They want to stop his reflux altogether. It is gona take time and he will have a gi tube for feeding for a while

Good luck to your lil one for the surgery DHime and for you as mom! I hope everything goes smooth and we are all here for you! Thinking of you!

Bless him how soon is the surgery? I'll be thinking of you both x

I haven't been on in so long! I love seeing all of the precious babies!

Dhime, you and Tristan are in my prayers, you are a strong woman with a full heart!

My little man Kade was born on August 16. My waters started leaking on the 14th, but it was so light and sporadic that I convinced myself it was just discharge. On the 15th it started gushing so I went in to the hospital. I was hoping I would go into labor naturally but due to the risk of infection at that point they had to induce. I was on Pitocin and start to finish 15 hours of labor. I was worried with a long labor I wouldn't be able to do it without drugs, but I was. Having a natural birth was an AMAZING experience, I am so glad I decided to do it! Kade was 6 lb 10 oz and 19 3/4 inches long. He looks JUST LIKE his daddy! I will get some pictures on here soon!

Congratulations to all of the new mommies!

Congrats Britt! I am with you on natural without the drugs. I would so do it again

well his surgery was today. he is resting now with tylenol and morphine at intervals. I am happy he came thru. now is the part where he recovers and we find out if it was worth all this. Oh God please let it have worked..... I can't bear much more of this. he is 3 months old now and I have had him at home for only 6 days total. I broke down multiple times the last 48 hours. Starting to wish I still smoked. or that the hospital had a bar. lol

Oh hun, i bet this is so hard on you guys. You've been so strong! I hope everything works out and the surgery did what it should and that he can come home soon. How long is recovery for that surgery?

so far so good. recovery is as needed.Might be 3 days and might be longer. He will have the tube for at least a year. right now he just writhes in pain here and there. even on morphine.

Stay strong DHime! You've been so strong the last three months. Your strength for him will pay off when you get to take him home for good! I'm glad to hear he is recovering from the surgery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->