July/August (Summer Sunbeams) 2012!

congrats on your baby coastgirl! I'm glad you both are ok and hoping for a good recovery for you!

Had my baby girl on the 18th!!!

Here is my story...it was pretty bad but we are both a-okay!!! :cloud9:
My Birth Story

A day old <3 :
https://i.imgur.com/5csAS.jpg

Wow twicky what a scary story. But a perfect ending. I hope you are being well looked after x

so sorry your birth was so traumatic twicky. wow, so intense! i am so so glad you both made it out alive. please take extra good care of yourself and congrats- she is so darling.

wow twicky! I feel your pain. They had to rip mine out as well. It was more painful than the whole birth. totally worth it though. I also hemoraged and refused blood transfusions. (for me it was a religious thing)
Just make sure you rest as much as possible. Blood loss causes your immune system to stop working properly. You can get very sick very easily and wind up back in the hosp. before you know it. It takes about a month to grow it back completely so take it easy.
Btw... she is absolutely adorable!

wow beautiful babies! Congrats on the new arrivals. glad everyone is healthy and doing ok. Hope you all have a speedy recovery.

Everlee is One month old! I can't believe it! She changes everyday. She is now staring at me and studying my face. She smiles more often now (i think its gas though) haha it must make her happy to relieve herself. She has been great just slept in her nursery for the first time last night. Its amazing how much love I feel for her. I am excited for whats to come. Here are some pictures from her newborn session we did when she was one week old.

Attachments

• 599249_10100771439286488_1529051029_n.jpg
    599249_10100771439286488_1529051029_n.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 580025_10100771447964098_95388231_n.jpg
    580025_10100771447964098_95388231_n.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 5
  • 547080_10100771448258508_1470534810_n.jpg
    547080_10100771448258508_1470534810_n.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 526083_10100771450953108_2015266707_n.jpg
    526083_10100771450953108_2015266707_n.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 562041_10100771450169678_2124066488_n.jpg
    562041_10100771450169678_2124066488_n.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 5
anyone else having troubles with breastfeeding? ive had to supplement with formula and express as she was loosing too much weight, shes still latching but have to use a nipple shield! all so overwhelming i feel so alone!

Yes I am now exclusively pumping as my let downwas too fast and he wouldpull away after a few mins. It was taking hours to feed h for 15 mins. I'm much less stressed now though pumping is hard work. Have you got a health visitor to talk to?

I am (After 2 months of trying to pump something...anything out of my girls. drops only. But you know, I did my best. At first I felt like I failed at one more part of the mommy adventure. But now I am feeling much better about it. DH put a stop to my obcessive pumping.

GOOD NEWS! Tristan came home yesterday! My first night was rough but I know tonight will be worse. He is asleep now so I am gonna go rest while I can!
Congrats to all!

Congrats DHime in getting your little man home finally! So excited for you and your family!

:hi: ladies! Just dropping in to say our little girl arrived a bit early on August 15! Congrats to everyone who's delivered - they're popping everywhere now!

As much as we'd like to think that breastfeeding troubles will pass us by, it really does take some work. You're not the only one having trouble. :hugs: I wish there was an easy solution, but it seems the only thing that helps is time & trial & error. Its so hard because nourishing them is the most important thing right now.

Dhime that's fantastic news!
Congrats nellie! Beautiful bubs! X

nellie! congrats! she is soooo cute!

AFM -
Tristan's homecoming was short lived. To make a long story short, he choked on spit up and stopped breathing entirely. It was only seconds but we had to shake him and massage him to get him breathing again. That was one of the most terrifying moments I have ever had. (worse than the tower of terror at disney & I had a panic attack on that thing) Anyway they are now doing tests upon test that involve tubes, iv's and lots of needles. There is nothing worse than your own baby looking into your eyes as they cry from such pain. It really broke my heart till I yelled at the docs to please stop. I was crying as bad as he was. today was better but still hard especially since we finally got good bonding time over the 3 days he was home. I just hope more surgery isn't need. he has been thru so much already. i am choosing to look at the bright side and get some sleep and go buy things I didn't realize I really did need. Needless to say my belated baby shower was canceled for the 3rd time due to a hurricane which I had to take Tristan out in to get to the hospital. Did someone jinx my family or what?!

Aw dhime it's heartbreaking that you and your little guy are going through this. I hope he feels better soon x

Wow it has gotten quiet here.

I thought you ladies might like this quote that I posted on another page:

&#8220;Through the blur, I wondered if I was alone or if other parents felt the same way I did - that everything involving our children was painful in some way. The emotions, whether they were joy, sorrow, love or pride, were so deep and sharp that in the end they left you raw, exposed and yes, in pain. The human heart was not designed to beat outside the human body and yet, each child represented just that - a parent's heart bared, beating forever outside its chest.&#8221;
&#8213; Debra Ginsberg

AFM - Still no baby at home. They are starting him on a special medication for his reflux. It is really bad as he refluxes every few minutes. Pretty nasty stuff with a black box warning from the FDA. HYad to go buy a bunch of special wedges he has to use since he must be elevated at all times.
My apt is spotless, the pets are all clean, laundry is done, shopping is done.... running out of things to do. Also I have a 7 ft hole in my bathroom wall. I pipe burst and caused a bunch of damage.
I am beginning to wonder if the motherhood experience is just completely abnormal for me. I just want 1 part of this to be normal so I can say I didn't miss out on everything. I guess I will just get to be a different kind of mommy. No less special though.

I hope you are all doing well.

I hope he is able to go home with you soon DHime. Im really sorry its been so tough. But yes, no less special! Sometimes LOs teach us things we needed to learn.

I love that Quote! Its definitely true in every way. Thanks for sharing it.

It had gotten very quiet in here. Ive been silently reading most threads as I generally too tired from chasing a 4 yr old and caring for a newborn. We just had him weighed today. He is 4 weeks old today and now weighs 12.10lbs. He was 11.5lbs last wednesday! And the lowest he got was on day 3 at 9.6lbs. So breastfeeding is going really well, which is a relief as i had a terrible time BFing with my DD. So this is absolutely wonderful for me ad i felt i lost out on something last time. Especially since i didnt even have a normal birth.

Oh DHime I am so sorry things are so difficult for you. :hugs:

wow
i totally get that ttc. not 1 thing about my little man or the whole experience has been normal.
oddly he is working on 7lbs now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->