July Firecrackers 2018

We have 2 names with that ending already so I'm drawn to it :) I think my Mum will hate it haha. She is pretty traditional (and honest!) This is why I'd never share it with her beforehand.

I love Sadie, but our last name ends in "ie" so it may sound weird? Summer is lovely!

Haha at least she’s honest. But I’d hate to hear that before I named my baby.

I’m leaning mostly towards Sadie, but boys names I have no idea. DH and my stepson both have names ending in ‘son’ so he wants to keep the trend. Grayson was on the table but I’m not sure if I’m a fan of the matching names.

No way texmel!! Thats funny! Austin isn't that common here (although I know 2 others but grown up men in mid-late 30's). Austin was a lovely place, COTA was amazing and all the staff were so nice. It was a great weekend. We stayed in Houston the rest of the time with inlaws.

Cameron was 2 weeks old before he was named :blush: just couldnt decide. Other options were Nathan, Taylor, Mitchel, Hunter.....but they just didnt suit him.

Boys names are hard!! Lol x

No way texmel!! Thats funny! Austin isn't that common here (although I know 2 others but grown up men in mid-late 30's). Austin was a lovely place, COTA was amazing and all the staff were so nice. It was a great weekend. We stayed in Houston the rest of the time with inlaws.

Cameron was 2 weeks old before he was named :blush: just couldnt decide. Other options were Nathan, Taylor, Mitchel, Hunter.....but they just didnt suit him.

Boys names are hard!! Lol x

I love Austin so much (the city, well both) and miss it very much! My in laws and many of our friends still live there, so we try to visit every month or maybe every other month, but we moved back to Dallas area (where I grew up) back in 2009 and just don't see myself ever moving away from here again. My parents live 1/2 mile away and keep my son while I work. And my sister and her kids live a mile in the opposite direction. We are pretty well set here.

Tori - you are in Texas, too, right?

July 20th for me please ☺️

I will be finding out... in fact I'll more than likely go for a private scan at 15 weeks because I am super impatient 🙈

I'd love a little girl but my dad is desperate for a grandson and my partner already has two girls from a previous relationship so a boy would be nice for them, so either way it'll be nice 😊

I have absolutely no inclination... I've always been convinced I'll have boys (because I want a girl!) but given that these swimmers must've lasted 4-6 days I'm thinking maybe girl?!

We don't get a scan here until 12 weeks, I'm tempted to get an early one just for peace of mind. When is the best time to have an early scan, is 6 weeks too early for a heartbeat etc?

Xxx

Starryeyed - Grayson is cute, but I would tend to agree that it may be *too* matchy. I have a Freya & an Archer, so not exactly the same endings.

BabyBrain - boys names really are so hard. All the nice ones are so popular! I have two cousins with little boys named Mitchell.

JLH - welcome! I'll pop you down for July 20th :) I always go for my early private scan when I think I am at least 7w so that I'm not left in limbo when they don't see any HB etc. I saw my DS HB at 6+3. I just like to make reeeally sure, especially since it isn't cheap.

Hammed I've always thought it would be a great surprise to wait until the end to find out. I'm also looking forward to driving our families crazy with anticipation lol!

That's awesome. I wish I could be more patient. The best I can do is wait and find out in a really cool way with the family at a gender reveal type thing.

My husband's entire family's names start with a 'k' so we will probably keep the 'k' names going lol

Symptom wise this bloating is crazy. They say you should watch what you eat but I’m eating super healthy, but some nights it gets to a point where it hurts or any pants on my belly is uncomfortable! Any clue as to when this will settle down?

My bloating is insane too! My pants are so uncomfortable and it's making it hard to keep a secret already. I can't wait for it to calm down. I can't remember when the bloating calmed down for my other pregnancy, but I remember feeling so much better when it did! :shrug:

That sounds sensible Buffy, I'm in two minds to wait longer because I'll be 10&3 Christmas Eve I think, so would love to be able to share with my family Christmas Day with a pic that resembles a baby 😂👶🏼 But is that silly a week and a half before my first proper scan... ahhhh decisions xx

My husband's entire family's names start with a 'k' so we will probably keep the 'k' names going lol

Do you have any ideas on which names you like? I find K names hard! I like Kinley for a girl.

I am going in for my labs to be drawn tomorrow. Dr. wants to watch levels closely because of the last mc. Hopefully everything will look good!

That sounds sensible Buffy, I'm in two minds to wait longer because I'll be 10&3 Christmas Eve I think, so would love to be able to share with my family Christmas Day with a pic that resembles a baby 😂👶🏼 But is that silly a week and a half before my first proper scan... ahhhh decisions xx

Haha that is tough! I would probably get the early scan & give it as a Christmas present.

With our DD, we announced on Christmas even though we hadn't had a scan yet. We wrapped up a "baby on board" sign in a box and had my family unwrap it.

We have 2 names with that ending already so I'm drawn to it :) I think my Mum will hate it haha. She is pretty traditional (and honest!) This is why I'd never share it with her beforehand.

I love Sadie, but our last name ends in "ie" so it may sound weird? Summer is lovely!

Ooo I love the name Summer! I have a friend with a DD named Summerly and I've always thought that a beautiful name, yet unique at the same time. I have a common name and had about seven others at my school with the same name growing up. We use traditional names for our kids too but we tend to try to shy away from the names that everyone else is using for that reason. We've decided that if the baby is a boy, DH gets to name it and if it is girl, I will get to choose the name.

Do you have any ideas on which names you like? I find K names hard! I like Kinley for a girl.

I do not have any girl names in mind yet, but Karl for a boy is what I'm leaning towards. I really want to name our baby after my husband's dad if we have a boy. My dad has already passed and I really adore my husband's parents. Girl names are a little harder for me, so if I find out we're having a girl, it's probably going to take us a while to come up with something.

Ooo I love the name Summer! I have a friend with a DD named Summerly and I've always thought that a beautiful name, yet unique at the same time. I have a common name and had about seven others at my school with the same name growing up. We've decided that if the baby is a boy, DH gets to name it and if it is girl, I will get to choose the name.

Oh my goodness! You are a nice wife :haha: I would never ever make that deal hahah.

I think Sunday for a girl is sweet, strange though I know :haha:

Scans here are usually 12 weeks but my hospital will still offer an early reassurance scan at around 7 weeks if you've had a previous mc. They were so lovely when I was pregnant with ds2 they let me have 2! 7 & 9 weeks. They told me in July that they will have to stop doing it, following most of the uk I think, so hopefully its still ok for now.

Loving all the names you are thinking about!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->