• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

July Firecrackers 2018

I’ve started the nappy bag...but not the hospital bag. I need to actually get a bag I can take so I can start packing it �� DH is really pushing for me to get it ready. I think he knows that’s the only thing he has to remember so he wants it ready to go ha. Luckily we live literally a 3 minutes drive from the hospital, with a supermarket and chemist in between, so if anything is forgotten we’ll be fine.

Allie how was your getaway?

Unique I’m so sorry to hear he is being so selfish. It’s completely unfair on you. Especially putting his much stress on you so close to bubs being born.

Glongg- good luck for your growth scan :)

I probably wont pack my bag until my water breaks, or just before heading to the hospital:haha:
I am feeling so much more... not relaxed, but slack i guess about this baby being born? Im not concerned because with my last 2, i was home within a few hours of delivery and was thankful i didnt have to haul a bunch of stuff in and out of the hospital like i did with my first:shrug;
I still have most everything to buy for babe. Next on my list is carseat though, as it is one of the most important things to buy imo.

I think i said everything was great at my last ultrasound, but they called and said the abdomen was measuring leas than 10th percentile, so in another week and a bit I will have yet another ultrasound and hope babe will give up the goods on gender!

Well! Yesterday was eventful.

Around 4pm I went pee and wiped and felt wetness. Of course I looked at TP and it looked like fertile Cm. Like I blew my nose. I was a bit freaked out and noticed light cramps but just made dinner and tried not to worry. After dinner I went pee and wiped and just felt like something was ‘in there’ you know? Kept wiping and felt a blob come out. I am certain it was my mucus plug. It was dime sized and yellow in colour and like a blob. Not really like the Cm I saw before. Still cramps but mild. I called our health link nurse line and they told me to go to L&D to rule out preterm labour.

So off we go at like 9pm. Baby looked good on NST and they saw no uterine contractions so that’s good. Doctor agreed it was likely my plug but checked my cervix and it was high and closed and long, thank god. Still a bit crampy but I’ve felt baby move this morning so I’m just trying to relax. Cramps haven’t gotten worse so that’s good. They told me to monitor and come in if it gets worse.

So thankful for our healthcare system! I was so scared!

Gosh how scary!

Last night our family dog that weve had for 12 years had to be put to sleep. Shes had a bad bum for a couple of weeks and last night she wouldnt stop having seizures. The vets gave her 3 injections to try and stop them bit no luck. The vet said the kindest thing for her would be to put her to sleep :(

I didn’t realise until today but she died the same day our other dog (shadow) did! He passed away when my nan lived in Spain 8th of May 2011 and Poppy passed 8th May 2018. Poppy grew up with shadow so they are now back together ❤️

Aww..that is sad but kind of beautiful in a way. They have each other now <3

Yeah &#10084;&#65039; So heartbreaking to lose a fluffy family member you&#8217;ve had for so long.

I went to start my hospital bag but then realised I&#8217;d thrown my huge handbag I used for DD in the bin :dohh: I don&#8217;t really want to go and buy another that I won&#8217;t use again :haha:

I ordered baby's carseat today! Got a great deal! Ive been searching for ages, and the one i wanr has always been 225 or higher, then ive only ever seen it on sale for $190. Today it was $160! Snagged it up!

Im not feeling super excited this time around...just kind of going with it TBH. I still have a lot of things to get ready!

I have another ultrasound booked for May 22, hopefully everything will be all good with babys measurements, and maybe if we sre lucky will give us a peak at the gender! Can't believe its only 2 months until babe could come!

Now waiting on growth scan. 29 plus 5. What sort of weight should I expect to be normal?

I hope baby doesn't give it's gender away either I will be making sure i tell the scanner as soon as I go in. I have kept it secret for 30 weeks i am sure I can manage another 10 max

Unique I'm so sorry about your dog! Putting down a dog is one of the hardest things, they are family. I call my dogs my children because at this point they are my children! We just learned that our oldest dog who is a 10 year old German Shepherd has cancer and we might have to put him down soon depending on how much the cancer has spread. It breaks my heart because he is the best dog in the world and I can't wait to see him with the baby because I know he would become her shadow and protector.

We had our first baby shower last weekend and were lucky enough to get pretty much everything on the registry so we are pretty much all set to go which is a awesome! We are heading to the beach next weekend for a final vacation before the baby comes and then I'll pack the hospital bag when we get back. I'm a huge planner and already have a list of everything to pack so it's just a matter of getting it all organized and packed. Can't believe we are getting so close to July!

Anyone else feeling a lack of appetite and return of some nausea lately?! Ugh! Not loving this. But we did get some work done on the nursery today! We bought a used glider chair and have to clean the fabric on it but all I want to do is go sit in her room and imagine her being here!!! Got me so excited.

JWC, sorry to hear your pooch is poorly :(

I hope everyones scans go well! Just over 3 weeks until mine. It&#8217;s crazy, one minute I was told it&#8217;s in 15 weeks time and it&#8217;s already almost here!

Baby&#8217;s stuff is packed up in the hospital bag, it&#8217;s just my bits to go now.

The only thing I need to buy now is the pram and a couple of MAM bottles for when I express. How exciting!

If anything I can&#8217;t stop eating!! I wish the leg cramps in bed and the lightning crotch when walking would ease though!

Unique we don't really do third tri scans here! Unless they suspect an issue with growth or you're more high risk. I don't have one scheduled! I would like to see baby again and could pay for one but I think I can hold out :)

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!

30 weeks today. Finally out of the 20s. Scary times ahead

Anyone dealing with bad SPD? I've had it in all my pregnancies so I figured I'd get it this time too but it's really bad now. I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with the next 10 weeks :wacko:

I have a growth scan scheduled this Friday. Can't wait to see my little man again!

lilmiss - I haven't been diagnosed (I think because my doctors are ridiculous and not taking my pain seriously) but I suspect I have that. I'm in terrible pelvic pain all the time.

Hi ladies!

SPD, what is hat exactly?

Ive had some heavy pressure below and pain when walking, like a shooting pain through the fanny! :shrug:

Hospital sent me a letter and they have changed my scan for May 31st at 8am to check the placenta. Both kids are coming with me to have a little sneaky peak of the baby on the screen. I just hope after all this time babys gender stays a secret :haha:

Unique SPD is where your pelvis prepares for birth by opening up. Some women though produce more of the hormone relaxin (responsible for opening the pelvis) and it becomes very unstable so walking hurts more than it should. There is often a clicking noise in your pelvis area when you move from the bones shifting and sometimes it feels as if my hips come out of place. It really is quite gross.

Alligator it is a very terrible pain. I'm sorry you're experiencing it too. I can't walk long distances without needing to sit down. The good news is that usually it goes away once you give birth.

Only 8 weeks to go haha! I'm totally already counting down, anyone else?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->