July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

What happens when that happens? I mean, can you see/feel it? What's the difference between feeling that and normal stomach muscles?! Sorry, just curious!

My uterus has been popped up since about 8/9 weeks. You can feel a sort of ridge above the pubic bone where the top of the uterus is.
Don't think its this early with your first baby but this is my third and not long since I had my second so think my uterus is ultra baggy and stretched out!!!

I'm having a real problem sorting my flu jab and prescription excemption. I can't get in for a free flu jab until January 16th and I need to get my fw8 done by my gp and no ones helping

Haven't had a chance to catch up on the last day's posts, but wanted to ask a question about something that's worrying me. I was on a long haul flight yesterday. I wore flight socks and gave myself an extra Fragmin (clexane) shot before flying. However, the tops of my legs have turned a bluey purple colour like they are bruised. I thought it was dye from my jeans at first but it won't wash off. Has anyone heard of anything like this before? Am wondering whether I should oh and find the resort doctor but don't want to overreact.

I hear my baby on the Doppler this morning it was so amazing we were both crying lol

I have a video I'll see if I can post it later.

Also has anyone else been offered the whopping cough vaccine??

Ugh I am so mad at my hospital. I got my scan date through and its not till the 15th of January, which according to my dates will make me 14+5, too late for the NT scan, and SO much longer than I wanted to wait to make sure everything was ok/ tell people etc. I called them and asked why and they said that the notes from my early scan at the EPAU dated me at 4-5 weeks based on a CRL of 4.4mm so I'll be 12 weeks and 5 days on the 15th of Jan, as apparently t hat measurement is more accurate than my LMP.

A) a CRL of 4.4mm is average for 6 weeks
B) if I were 4-5 weeks at the emergency scan they wouldn't have seen a fetal pole and a definite heartbeat, which they did.
C) If I AM currently 8 weeks not 10, I would have got my BFP at 2 weeks pregnant, which is impossible

just means I have to panic about either the baby being too small (can someone reassure me that 4.4mm IS ok for 6 weeks?) and that I'm therefore going to get there and have had a MMC or something as it wasn't growing properly, or they dated it wrong and I'm going to get there and be too far along for the NT test :(

Sun flower - it sounds like whoever is handling things over there is a numpty - generally every mm after 6.5 weeks = 1 day, but it's like they're figuring out 1mm = 1 week prior to that! Which, simply isn't right. According to the calculator i've been using 4.4 puts you at 6w 1d exactly. I would raise it - tell them you know this is correct for 6 weeks not 4-5 and that you want the NT scan, so this would be too late. If you can get your doctor/mw to back you up as well.

Frustrated - I've never heard of that so I'd either be ringing my midwife or clinic back home or asking on the resort.

Sunflower, try and ring them back and push for them to do it earlier, if you'd never had the other scan you'd be going off you LMP anyway.

I had to get the whooping cough vaccine after my daughter was born (DH had to get it, too, and we made sure her babysitter had it). They say most kids get it from an adult even if the adult doesn't have symptoms they can be a carrier.
My DD, who is 21 months, woke up 3 times last night to nurse. I've been trying to wean her by not offering, offering just snuggles instead, etc. but it's not going well. On the weekends she wants to nurse all of the time and it's so painful now! I just read that some people put lemon juice on their nipples to deter them but that seems a little mean to me. I was hoping she would just wean herself by the time she was two but my dr said she needs to stop now. I haven't read anywhere that says it's bad for the unborn child but I'm getting to a point where I'd like to stop. She will freak out if i flat out refuse!

That's interesting pooch I was offered it at 28 weeks no mention of DH having it done. Maybe it's where I live?...

Sunflower it's silly of them to even look at the mm at 6 weeks!, when I had a scan at 6+3 my baby measured at 5+5 she said its 100% normal to measure small at that stage because the baby is so tiny and is possibly curled up and it's impossible to tell if the are or not so early! I had another scan at 8 weeks and measured bang on track same at my 11 week scan. That's why they do a dating scan at between 12 & 14 weeks because they can see if the baby is curled up.
Don't worry about your baby Hun get back onto them tell them you need an earlier scan.

Ugh...morning sickness, I have not missed you. I've been pretty lucky in the sense that I haven't thrown up often, but you'd think being near the end of the first trimester, that it would ease up.

Nope.

I felt sick today..so sick that I went home early today. I don't know if it was morning sickness, or flu, because three coworkers left early yesterday with the flu. But I got home and rested, and felt better, ate some pizza, and went about my day.

I went to pick my daughter up from daycare, and the babysitter asked me to pick up some Alphaghetti's for her. Went to the grocery store and realized I left my wallet at home, so stopped at home. Grabbed a glass of water and that stayed down for less than 5 minutes before I made friends with the toilet. It was honestly the WORST puking session I've EVER had. I was puking so hard that it came from my nose, my throat and nose started bleeding, my eyes went blood shot and I actually started to cry.

I went back to the grocery store after, and grabbed some gum and crackers, and the Alphaghetti's, and ran in to a coworker who said I looked very sick. Ugh.

But I feel better now!

happy for you all that can hear your babies... I'm a little stressed went to midwife today and she couldn't find the heartbeat.

My ms is back too. Had a few days off ha ha. I don't mind, I was worried something was wrong. I saw midwife yesterday. Chose the hospital :)

Sunflower- you are just gonna have to con them into an earlier scan like me ;) we have to think of some reasons to request the scans that don't jinx us! Try not to worry lovee! :hugs:

Welcome Misha! :flower:

Brandi- that sounds miserable. I've been pretty lucky with the vomiting part of the MS. I have other things that make up for it though, like this gosh forsaken cough!! Arrahggg :growlmad: The wife gave me my first ever dose of Tylenol and Unisom tonight bc I was turning into a raving mad woman. She had to rub my temples with some lavender too. I'm a wreck! :cry:

Sorry to hear some of you are feeling rough :(
I'm not so bad, just achey. Been trying to find plain maternity tees this morning so I can print my own, it's taken some doing but I think I've found some. Now I just need to decide what I want on them lol.

Had an emergency scan today (she didn't give me a pic) bubba is measuring 1.5 weeks in front. So either my dates are off or I have a monster baby growing in me...

Ooh Brandi - that MS sounds miserable, sorry you are feeling so rough. Can't be easy with little ones to look after too! :hugs:

Mumaoftwoboys - I'm sure everything is alright, but I can appreciate that must be worrying for you. When will you be seeing your midwife next?

I watched 'The Business of being born' online yesterday and it was really interesting. I would be too nervous to have a home birth with my first, but definitely would love to have a water birth and just use gas and air. I have my booking appointment today so plan on asking about a natural childbirth with the midwife.

I'm still suffering with terrible back pain, mainly by the evening. It's driving me insane! It's definitely something to do with the nerves in my lower back, they seem to catch occasionally and hurt like hell!

I saw consultant today re prenatal testing. He was absolutely great and also so lovely and positive about my little girl with downs syndrome he made me feel all happy and glowing.
Anyway think I am going to go for amniocentesis over CVS as he kinda scared me off that. Need to wait another four weeks tho :(
Sorry to hear of those feeling yucky. Remember when your puking your guts out its all going to be worth it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->