July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

So here it goes again. I had a doctors apt yesterday and they asked for another urine sample. I could barely squeeze out a drop but the nurse said it would be enough. It came back negative. My doctor has only sent me for one scan at 4.5 weeks which was way too early and they couldn't see anything. He seems to think because of those two things chances are I lost the baby. I left in tears and went to buy a clear blue digital and waited until I knew I had enough urine to take the test. It came back positive 5+ weeks. I am going for more bloodwork this morning but I'm very confused. I'm sad I'm miserable and not knowing is the worst. Do you think it could be possible that there was not enough urine at the doctors and it was too diluted to detect? I haven't had any miscarriage symptoms I am nauseas all day breasts are killing me. This really stinks :(

Hey ladies,

What a day yesterday turned out to be. A bit of internet research (a dangerous thing) revealed my blue legs, known as cyanosis, is caused by lack of oxygen in the blood. I of course went into a mad panic that I had harmed our baby by getting on a long haul flight whilst cramped in economy and that it too would have been starved of oxygen. The resort doctor, who barely spoke any English, said he'd never seen anything like it so sent me straight to hospital. The hospital was pretty grim (am in the Dominican). There was blood droplets on the floor of one of the rooms I was put in, the sheet on the bed was filthy and the gown I was given for my scan had clearly been worn before as it had ultrasound gel marks all over the front. I was told they needed to ultrasound my legs for DVT and also check the baby. They assured me this would be done in 10 mins. Four hours later (during which time we watched a man collapse on the floor and just be walked passed by the nurses) I finally had my scan. The main arteries in the front of the leg were clear, but they found two small clots in the back of one of my legs. Thankfully the abdominal scan revealed that the baby was fine. We even got to hear the heartbeat which was a first. It was moving around so much it looked like it was dancing. Have never felt so relieved. In any event, my legs look a bit less blue today so are obviously recovering. Not something I'd ever heard of but the doctor told me he'd seen another pregnant lady with the same thing this week. He told me I should never have flown especially given it's an IVF baby. Not very helpful when I have to fly home on Sunday. Anyway, it might be worth others bearing in mind before going on long haul flights. Sorry for those who have bad MS at the moment. It must be horrible.

Twinmommy - that sounds very odd - are you sure it's not the variant hook effect you're experiencing, you'd be around the right time for it??? I'm surprised they asked you to do a urine test tbh....The digi probably has a better tolerance than a straightforward hpt line, so might not display the same problem. The variant hook effect is described here --> https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...t-false-negative-hcg-beta-core-fragments.html

I was mental about poas after i found out i was pregnant and even did it at 6 weeks - guess what? It was lighter than my test at 5 weeks. Diluting it with water made it darker again. You can try that and see if this is the effect you're experiencing. X

Twinmommy - what a stupid Dr to freak you out like that, if they suspect miscarriage they should have sent you straight for a scan which would have given a definitive answer. I hope the bloodwork comes back quickly and you get a nice strong positive.
Pregnant hormones are heavier than urine so if you'd recently weed you might not have much left (I think that's right)
I will keep my fingers nice and crossed for you.

Hey everyone.
Haven't posted in a while, though i have been following everyone multiple times/day!

All is well here. 12 week scan on Monday Dec 23rd. can.not.wait. :)
I have been listening to Bambino's heartbeat every few days and have found it easier and easier to find. Only takes a minute or so to find now. More central and higher up now. Just cant wait to get a glimpse at how much growing has been going on in my body. :)
I also feel my energy coming back, which is fantastic. Would LOVE to go for a nice long walk, but between the snow and Ice we have going on here, and 20 degree temps. Ill just stay inside. Contemplating joining a gym, though i LOATHE the gym. I just canceled a membership i hadn't used in forever and REALLY don't want to get another membership. Perhaps i can try some prenatal yoga somewhere. Also trying ever so hard to watch what i eat. I am constantly craving junk.(pizza, fries, fried foods, chips) But trying to make sure when i eat, its mostly healthy. (cottage cheese, fruits, salads, whole wheat's and of course an extra snack of sweets once a day.) I eat frequently, but try to be as healthy as possible. If you eat for 2...you will have to loose the weight for 2. haha

NO symptoms, no cramping, sensitive nipples. They are very dry and itchy! Literally have to put Vaseline on them once, sometimes twice a day. Big time bloating by mid afternoon. Cant wait to have a baby bump. Plan on telling people (friends and co-workers) after my 12 weeks scan next week. Also will be nice to wear clothes that fit more appropriately instead of feeling like i have to hide my belly.

How is everyone else doing?

I so look forward to being able to be open about my belly. My clothes are not fitting at all. I will be 14 weeks when we come back from Christmas break so I am hoping to be in my maternity clothes and comfy.

I agree. This halfway house belly is useless. Too big for my favourite jeans. Not big enough to warrant some nice maternity wear.

I'm right there with ya Linny. ugh it's real frustrating. I'm ready to pop out and be done with this inbeween stage.

So here it goes again. I had a doctors apt yesterday and they asked for another urine sample. I could barely squeeze out a drop but the nurse said it would be enough. It came back negative. My doctor has only sent me for one scan at 4.5 weeks which was way too early and they couldn't see anything. He seems to think because of those two things chances are I lost the baby. I left in tears and went to buy a clear blue digital and waited until I knew I had enough urine to take the test. It came back positive 5+ weeks. I am going for more bloodwork this morning but I'm very confused. I'm sad I'm miserable and not knowing is the worst. Do you think it could be possible that there was not enough urine at the doctors and it was too diluted to detect? I haven't had any miscarriage symptoms I am nauseas all day breasts are killing me. This really stinks :(

If your digi's are still coming out that positive, you're still pregnant, hun. Doctor's tests are less sensitive than those on the market and than digi's. I had an emergency doctor tell me my urine test was "borderline positive" but had levels of 112 that day, which had tripled in 3 days from my initial draw. Ask for an ultrasound to reassure you, but I'm sure everything is fine. As someone else mentioned, it probably is the hook effect :hugs:

Hey ladies,

What a day yesterday turned out to be. A bit of internet research (a dangerous thing) revealed my blue legs, known as cyanosis, is caused by lack of oxygen in the blood. I of course went into a mad panic that I had harmed our baby by getting on a long haul flight whilst cramped in economy and that it too would have been starved of oxygen. The resort doctor, who barely spoke any English, said he'd never seen anything like it so sent me straight to hospital. The hospital was pretty grim (am in the Dominican). There was blood droplets on the floor of one of the rooms I was put in, the sheet on the bed was filthy and the gown I was given for my scan had clearly been worn before as it had ultrasound gel marks all over the front. I was told they needed to ultrasound my legs for DVT and also check the baby. They assured me this would be done in 10 mins. Four hours later (during which time we watched a man collapse on the floor and just be walked passed by the nurses) I finally had my scan. The main arteries in the front of the leg were clear, but they found two small clots in the back of one of my legs. Thankfully the abdominal scan revealed that the baby was fine. We even got to hear the heartbeat which was a first. It was moving around so much it looked like it was dancing. Have never felt so relieved. In any event, my legs look a bit less blue today so are obviously recovering. Not something I'd ever heard of but the doctor told me he'd seen another pregnant lady with the same thing this week. He told me I should never have flown especially given it's an IVF baby. Not very helpful when I have to fly home on Sunday. Anyway, it might be worth others bearing in mind before going on long haul flights. Sorry for those who have bad MS at the moment. It must be horrible.

OMG! I would have left the hospital if those were the conditions here! What a horrible experience, but glad you got to see your baby and everything will be okay!

Showed up to work the last two days without my belt for my uniform, because my pants no longer fit. I keep getting written up for it because I'm not in"full uniform". I complained about it today, asking how they expect me to wear pants and a belt that don't fit, and said I've been waiting two weeks for my maternity uniform to come in (which doesn't require a belt), only to find out that I won't be getting a maternity uniform. The franchise is in the middle of renovations and changing uniforms because of the renovations, and they don't have the maternity uniform available in the old uniform anymore, because they no longer have the old uniform available, but they also don't have a maternity uniform available AT ALL yet with the uniform changes.

So each day, I'm forced to breach the uniform policy and get written up, all because they can't get me a maternity uniform.

I'm gonna ask my friend that I work with who is about my size if I can have hers. She just came back from maternity leave, so hopefully I stop getting in trouble.

had our NT scan today- measurement was 0.119 or something so im assuming thats low risk?? bubbas heart beat was 161bpm... ive printed the pic to our christmas cards hehe cant wait for everyone to open them :)

Attachments

• 20131218_145811 (2).jpg
    20131218_145811 (2).jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20131218_155854.jpg
    20131218_155854.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 8
I agree. This halfway house belly is useless. Too big for my favourite jeans. Not big enough to warrant some nice maternity wear.

Linnypops- you made me lol with 'halfway house belly' so true though!:haha:

Frustrated- omg what a nightmare you have been through! So glad the bubs is okay throughout your adventure!

Twin mommy- sorry for the ordeal you are going through! You need to demand another scan. That's just rubbish they have made you go through all this! :hugs: thinking good thoughts for you!

What a pain, Brandi! Seems like that should be against the law to keep writing you up! :growlmad:

Dating scan today! I'm so giddy and I have to wait until 11:20, it seems aaaaaaaages lol.
Then I'm telling the people at work on Thursday or Friday, more family Saturday then everyone on Wednesday.

Hey Ladies,

My heart is so sore today, one of my sisters best friends, was also pregnant, she was 12 weeks, and had her 12 week scan tomorrow, and she started bleeding today and went in and they confirmed she has a miscarriage, and baby had stopped at 8 weeks already.

Now I am so worried, and cant even think straight and dont really want to wait till 27th for my scan, but hubby says that I should just wait :-(

had our NT scan today- measurement was 0.119 or something so im assuming thats low risk?? bubbas heart beat was 161bpm... ive printed the pic to our christmas cards hehe cant wait for everyone to open them :)

Wow thats so cool to see your little bub! I have to wait till 12.5 weeks cos of clinic availability and partner being away. Really looking forward to it as last scan was just a tiny jelly bean with a yolk sac. Love your christmas cards!!

Hey Ladies,

My heart is so sore today, one of my sisters best friends, was also pregnant, she was 12 weeks, and had her 12 week scan tomorrow, and she started bleeding today and went in and they confirmed she has a miscarriage, and baby had stopped at 8 weeks already.

Now I am so worried, and cant even think straight and dont really want to wait till 27th for my scan, but hubby says that I should just wait :-(

I had similar although it was discovered at 10 weeks with baby stopping at 7 weeks. From what I've heard this is rare, especially once you have seen the heartbeat which from your profile pic I'm assuming you have. No one found the reason for mine but I'm assuming it was something wrong with me rather than the baby :shrug:. I'm sure you will be fine, if you're really stressed ring your antenatal and see if they'll move you appointment but remember the longer you wait the better picture of baby you get x x :hugs: x x

Hey Ladies,

I had similar although it was discovered at 10 weeks with baby stopping at 7 weeks. From what I've heard this is rare, especially once you have seen the heartbeat which from your profile pic I'm assuming you have. No one found the reason for mine but I'm assuming it was something wrong with me rather than the baby :shrug:. I'm sure you will be fine, if you're really stressed ring your antenatal and see if they'll move you appointment but remember the longer you wait the better picture of baby you get x x :hugs: x x

Thanks Charlie, Yes, we saw baby heart beat... :thumbup:
But my heart is so sore today for her, I cant stop crying, I guess the hormones are very high....:cry::cry::cry:

Thats awesome Mum and what a great scan pic you have to include in your Christmas cards.

Dating scan today! I'm so giddy and I have to wait until 11:20, it seems aaaaaaaages lol.
Then I'm telling the people at work on Thursday or Friday, more family Saturday then everyone on Wednesday.

I've an appt to check on Baby B at 230p and that seems like forever. Cant wait to see your scan pic. I'll post mine tomorrow as I am leaving work for the day at 12. Good luck and hopefully time will fly by for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->