July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

I'm slightly confused little .. I realt appreciate your reply I really want a water birth as it causes no problem if its done properly but only prob my medicl aid won't cover it .. But why I am confused how can I pump milk at work wen I won't even be with the baby. ? Or is it just so I have milk for home? sorry stupid question but I am confused lol :shy:

If you don't continue to pump throughout the day you'll stop producing milk. You want to pump through the day to have milk to leave with your baby the next day.

You'll probably have to start pumping before you get back to work so you have some to leave the first day. I took a class last time around and they taught me this: During your first morning feeding you feed your baby from one breast. Ones he's done you pump both breasts. Then when you're done pumping (3 oz or so) you let him nurse off of the one he didn't yet. that way you will start saving up one pouch a day as back-up.

More power to the mothers that were able to pump at work for long periods of time. I work from home and was able to nurse my daughter throughout the day but I had to travel for work a couple of times and had to pump there. It's honestly a lot of work. Worth it, but a lot of work.

I saw my midwife to do too she was a lovely lady and the student was nice too. They did bloods and I got all my notes filled out and I got my first bounty pack too. I gave a urine sample and ended up peeing everywhere but in the bottle :haha: managed to squeeze a tiny bit out for the bottle.

I'm under community care so won't have to go into the hospital at all, apart from scans I won't see a consultant unless there are any problems later in the pregnancy and I've been approved a home birth! She really encouraged me to go for a home birth which was great! I will have a midwife with me as soon as I'm in labour and I will have two there and possibly a student too for when the baby is born. I'm looking forward to it!.

Anyone else going for a home birth.

We are thinking of having a home birth too. It will rather depend on whether we have lots of people staying though! The baby is due right before OH's 50th birthday so we will have his parents and three children here then. I don't really fancy giving birth with them in the house…. I will have to see if we can delay their arrival until after the baby is born!

I would delay! Even if you have a hospital birth would you want a crowd of people waiting at your house for you. It would cause me stress lol.

I was too scared to think about a home birth and I had an emcs so I won't be allowed one next time. However I think it would be very relaxed. I was induced so was on an antenatal ward when I went into labour and I felt so trapped with loads of people near me. I wasn't allowed up on labour ward until I was 4cm which took about 10 hours. I also love the idea of having a midwife there from early labour. I was left to it and was panicking but if a midwife had stayed with me I'd have been much calmer.

Good luck with your home birth, great choice xx

I'd personally hate a home birth. I want to be in a hospital surrounding without a doubt!

I would delay! Even if you have a hospital birth would you want a crowd of people waiting at your house for you. It would cause me stress lol.

No, but I might not have much choice if the baby is late. I can't tell my OH that his family can't come to stay for his 50th. We've recently moved from London to Jersey, so they would have to fly over to visit. That means they can't leave it until the last minute as flights need to be booked in advance etc. I've suggested they get put in a hotel if the baby arrives whilst their here. That didn't go down very well with the OH tho...

I saw a great documentary by Ricki Lake called The Business of Being Born. Great great great film with tons of information! Focuses mostly on what's wrong with the US as a whole in this birth business but also shows how amazing and empowering birth can be.

A home birth would have never appealed to me prior to seeing this but I would totally be open to it if I were much younger and had a large home with lots of space! :) I am gonna do my darnedest to have a water birth though. Seems like the way to go....

Also reading an amazing book called 'bringing up bebe'. Very informative, ladies!

we planned on telling our family on christmas the same way (i think ive already posted this earlier in the thread but not sure). we have our 12 week scan on the 23rd so we are going to pop copies of the u/s pic in their cards. and then also sign the card from the 4 of us + baby.

just over a week to go before we see our little pickle again

Congrats on all the lovely scans.
I am getting addicted to my Doppler. Trying not to use it every day but its so hard!

Me too!!! I have used it everyday since I got it. I decided I need a break and will not use it for three days. I am so happy I spent the money on it.

we planned on telling our family on christmas the same way (i think ive already posted this earlier in the thread but not sure). we have our 12 week scan on the 23rd so we are going to pop copies of the u/s pic in their cards. and then also sign the card from the 4 of us + baby.

just over a week to go before we see our little pickle again

That's such a cute idea! We have already told our immediate family but I wish we had waited and done something like this now!

Got out scan in 2 hours :happydance:

X

Off out for lunch with my Grandma today but can't tell her yet. I guess I'll have to go see her next weekend to tell her because I'd really rather wait until after my scan.

Is anyone else getting shooting pains up the sides of their abdomen? I keep getting them in certain positions.

I hope you get something worked out frustrated! X

There is nothing about a home birth that I don't like, I watched the Ricky lake documentary it's really good, I'm in he uk and natural birth is widely encouraged here even in hospital.

At home I'm going to have my own birth pool so I'm going to have access to in all through labor and birth, where as in hospital even if you've booked it it's still allocate on first come first served basis. So if a women already in labor says she wants a water birth and you have booked it and go in to labor later that day you will miss out on your birth pool.

I'm really looking forward to giving birth :D

I want the pain relief to be at hand if I need it. I also want the coming home event :)

I'd rather be in hospital with pain relief and medical people around, and none of my pets lol. I can understand why home birth would be appealing to some people though.

I planned a home birth with my first. The thing about planning a home birth is that it doesn't mean you are stuck at home. You can have gas and air at home, some places even allow pethadine. The only pain relief you are missing out on is an epidural. If you decide you need an epidural you can transfer in and it will make no difference in how long you have to wait for an epidural as it takes time to get one in hospital anyway.

If the labour begins to get a bit complicated you can transfer in, in plenty of time as the majority of the time there are warning signs.

And as for medical people..... well you got your midwife there, same as you'd have in hospital only focused just on you. Starting out at home means you have one on one care earlier on in labour, and just planning a home birth increases the chances of a vaginal birth. You have a midwife there with you one on one throughout labour and a second midwife when you are about to deliver. When your in hospital you can end up with less care, less hours of medical professionals looking after you as there time is split with other women/activities.

I'm going into hospital this time for 2 reasons. I had a PPH after my second baby, a big bleed after my miscarriage and I think I'm at very high risk of another PPH. Transferring in labour wouldn't be of concern to me, but transferring immediately after giving birth would, as I'd rather have that bonding time with baby....even if down the business end they are trying to stop the bleeding and pumping me full of drugs.

My other reason is I have had both babies loose a lot of weight and want to spend time one on one with the new baby so will be staying in 3-5days...away from my children pesting me.

That's exactly how my midwife explained it Celesse they can do everything for me at home except a csection or epidural. I want to avoid epidural at all costs even If I end up in hospital.

It didn't appeal to me either the first time I was pregnant (luckily as i ended up being induced when she was 2 weeks late!) but once i was in labour I just panicked in the hospital. It's not for everyone though, many people prefer to be in a hospital where help is near I case there are any complications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->