July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

I would LOVE a home birth and I am considering it. I would MUCH prefer one, but I'll probably opt for a hospital birth and leave a few hours after birth like I did with my youngest. The only thing holding me back is that my son stopped breathing when he was 3 hours old. If he was born at home, we would have lost him.

just random but what is your pet names for your bubba?

my son i called grommit, and my daughter was freckles... this one i call pickle...

i still call my son and daughter grommit and freckles... lol

i would love a home birth but ive never heard of them happening here is australia. im hoping for a water birth at my hospital. will see what happens as im classed as high risk for this one.

My hubby named ours beanz.

I plan to have a hospital birth. I am just not comfortable with anything else because of my risk factors. I wouldn't mind birthing center but my ob doesn't do that.

Hi ladies, I'm a bit late but can I join you please? Have been too scared before now in case something goes wrong, but we had a heartbeat at 8+6 so I really need to man up!

I'm Nic, our eldest Ruby should be 4 but she was diagnosed with a fatal neural tube defect at her 12w scan, despite me taking my folic daily. It's called Acrania, where the top and back of the skull doesn't develop - the amniotic fluid was attacking her brain and she was suffering near-constant seizures so we had to let her go.

Dillon is our little rainbow. He's just turned three and thinks he's closer to thirteen. He has the thickest skull known to man - because Ruby held on for long enough to be diagnosed I was put on high dose folic acid to conceive D.

Now we have little Bagel in the oven, also on 12x standard dose of folic. Had a reassurance scan at EPU on Weds and all looked fine. Well, until the sonographer said "Ooh look, baby had a hiccup!" So of course now I'm panicked that it was actually a seizure :wacko:

Anyway, hi! :hi: Hope you're all OK, sorry to bring the mood down, but I'm very excited to be here! EDD 17th July :)

Leash how did your scan go xx

It was amazing, we got to hear the heartbeat pounding away at 150bpm and the sonographer said LO looked great! She did some measurements which put me at 8 weeks rather than 8w4d but she said they can be out by a few days so will wait for my 12 week scan to verify I think. LO measured 1.6cm so a quick Google search did say that's an average for 8 weeks I believe.

Pictures aren't great, LO just looks like a little splodge but here they are....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 5
I'm such a dufus. Woke up not feeling sick, for the last few days it hasn't been as bad in the morning, but it's there in the evening. So when I woke up this morning worried, but then was sick haha. Everything is a worry!

This little one has a variety of nicknames of minicake, munchkin, and my American friend calls them lil pud because I'm from Yorkshire.

Morning Ladies,

I woke up feeling under the weather this morning I have a sore throat, and feeling nauseous.

Yesterday I had migraines again, and all I could think of was sleeping, but i could not sleep to save my life,'

On Thursday night, my neighbor ran over to ask hubby and I to come and help her because her husband had collapsed, and she could not get hold of any of her sons, Anyway Ty and I went over and tried to help till the ambulance got there, and took him away. Friday Morning she came over to let us know that he had a stroke and was hemorrhaging on the brain and that he was paralyzed on the one side.

And then when I got home from work yesterday she was standing at my front door to come and tell us that he had passed away.

Oh my heart just broke for her, right before xmas...

Anyway I am going to get back into bed now, as I cant do much as everything is closed, because of Mandela Funeral.

Sorry for the ladies who have had morning sickness returning.

Great scan pic, Leash!

Welcome Tulip! I just learned what Acrania was a few days ago. A friend of mine lost her baby a few days ago to Acrania. I felt so bad for her, because she previous had a stillborn, has two healthy children, and a little boy with lissencephaly. She was going for an amnio to make sure her baby didn't have liss too, and that's when it was discovered. :cry:

My oldest daughter was Peanut, my angels were Rice and Bean, my son was Pebble, my youngest daughter was Speck and this one is Freckle.

K, off to work now!

Welcome, Tulip!

Ours has a variety of names too from JB (jelly bean), junior, lil bubs and pickle!

Name changes every week by the size. This week it's blueberry ha ha x

Welcome Tulip! :flower:

I am still suffering with this nasal congestion and post nasal drip cough. :( it's really getting me down. I have been coughing so much that I feel like I have pneumonia but I know I don't. Even googled can your cough cause a miscarriage? Doesn't look like its possible, even so I had a really bad cramp with one cough last night and freaked out. :( not sure what to do since I can't take anything for the cough... Just been eating cough drops like candy and have had so many the sometimes make me gag :(

Sorry to be a downer but I'm so tired, grouchy, constipated and my bbs kill... Is there anyone as miserable as I am? :cry:

Astraloree - sorry you're having such a rubbish time. A drug free solution to a harsh cough - is it a dry cough? If so the best option is to add water by inhaling steam, I was told years ago a dry cough is a useless one . It serves no purpose to your lungs! steam soothes sore throats aswell. It's safe to use eucalyptus oil in pregnancy so you can add a drop of that to the hot water. However it's recommended with essential oils, even safe ones, to use for only 10 mins at a time. Hope that helps! X

Welcome tulip. H and h 9 month to you. Sorry to hear what you went through with ruby.

When's the uterus supposed to rise from the pelvic area?

Astraloree - sorry you're having such a rubbish time. A drug free solution to a harsh cough - is it a dry cough? If so the best option is to add water by inhaling steam, I was told years ago a dry cough is a useless one . It serves no purpose to your lungs! steam soothes sore throats aswell. It's safe to use eucalyptus oil in pregnancy so you can add a drop of that to the hot water. However it's recommended with essential oils, even safe ones, to use for only 10 mins at a time. Hope that helps! X

It is indeed a dry cough for the most part. It's definitely just a side effect of all this drainage. It's not anything like a cold. I may just have to try the essential oils. Thank you so much, Linnypops. :hugs:

Hi all,
I was so happy to see this thread. I am due 10-15 Jul 2014. This is my first one. Ever since i got to know, I have been surfing surfing, finding all kind of forums. I have no experience with all this. Just good experience of cuddling with other people's babies. So me and my DH are kinda alone to take care of things.

But thankfully found this forum.

I managed to get 6 books pregnancy for a fiver yesterday so that''ll keep me busy, especially after its announced and I can read them on the bus.
Don't think I'm going to be able to focus at work when I've got my scan Wednesday and our Christmas party on Thursday, then telling my work colleagues Friday.
I'm going to make some cakes to take in and then send an email saying "I brought some treats in to celebrate reaching 12 weeks pregnant and therefore being able to tell you all" with a note that my friends and things don't know yet

is there anyway we can post videos without popping them on youtube first?? i recorded bubs on my doppler today wanted to share.

I've tried before, MumLtd and it never worked for me. I always had to upload to Youtube first.

9 weeks today!!!! :happydance: Freckle finally reached the fetus stage!

Work again this morning, and I'm sooooo exhausted that I don't want to go, but I'm finally off for four days on Wednesday. Have a followup with the surgeon on Wednesday, and an ultrasound on Friday, and then my next (and first) appointment with the midwife on January 6. Where is this pregnancy going?!

Hi misha congrats on your pregnancy. Have you had any appointments yet? Your due similar time to me. I've got my dating scan thurs so will get a definate date then.

When's the uterus supposed to rise from the pelvic area?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->