July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

Morning ladies, I have been following you all but I have a mahusive essay to write so haven't had enough time to comment much.

I have my 11+1 scan today at 1pm which I am sooo excited about. Cannot wait to see my little bean one last time before Christmas :)

Has anyone else already had to take their wedding rings off? Admittedly I had them done as tight as poss back in June to avoid them falling off, so they already were a v snug fit.. but when I tried to get them off last night I could hardly get them over my knuckle! I freaked out for a mo and now not sure if I want to risk wearing them again. I might just go buy a cheap silver band to wear as a replacement as it feels weird having no rings on! I haven't gained weight anywhere (aside from bloated belly!) so I don't think it's weight related, but I have never heard of it happening so early!

Any advice?

Thanks Ladies! I'm glad no one was hurt yesterday. It was pretty scary.

I have another ultrasound tomorrow, which had already been scheduled, so hopefully I'll get some pics to update with!

Callypygous, can you get a small chain and put your ring on that and wear it as a necklace? The chain might be cheaper than buying another ring.

From a pregnancy POV, I see the whole thing as a continuum, I don't really like spliting the pregnancy into 3. Baby will still be one day bigger, from 11+6 to 12, from 12+6 to 13, from 26+6 to 27.

From a forum talkin POV I think second trimester begins when you got the starts of the bump, are out of the danger zone cos you've seen a heartbeat and good growth and are getting a bit bored of first trimester talk. I've been spamming second tri for over a week now, as well as third tri and first tri.

And I really don't get the whole.... "hello x tri"..... erm..... those were the same women you were talking to 1day-3months ago. Same as "goodbye x tri". They all gonna be there soon. Its not like there's different people in each tri.

I get the 'Hello second tri' posts sometimes, as a lot of people hate the first tri boards and avoid them because of how 'depressing' and worrying they can be. A lot of pregnant ladies come out of the woodwork in second tri, lol. I don't get the goodbye posts as you move up though.

So glad you and freckle are ok Brandi xx

I've posted in First Trimester a few times and only gotten a few, if any responses to my posts, so I don't really bother over there. If my Subscribed Threads are empty and I'm bored, I'll go snoop and see if I can be of some help, but it seems like every other post is about bleeding and losing their baby, and while I understand how scary it can be, been there twice and you already love this little poppyseed, I just don't want to be scared with this pregnancy anymore. I want to enjoy it, so I avoid First Tri forums if I can.

I wonder if maybe the admins might consider making a forums for First Trimester scares, or something like that to keep the First Trimester forum more positive.

Brandi - Glad you're both doing ok!

I agree about first tri - I think the worst mistake I made was to go in there initially and look about. It's quite difficult as well to be positive if someone's bean is measuring well behind or has a v slow heart rate. I find it just depressing. Pregnancy after loss board threads are ironically far more chilled out and less frantic.

Oh Brandi, what a terrible day you had. Thank God you are both ok. Looking forward to seeing your scan pics later on.

The first tri boards seem to have days when they are really depressing and there's several losses announced. And days where its all about how crap people are feeling. Before my loss I used to mostly ignore the loss threads other than to offer a hug. Now I do tend to comment as honestly as possible. I think you can tell from the tone of the thread if people are after answers or reassurance, and all too often people don't comment if the only thing that can be said is bad news. If someone looks like they are after answers truthfully (and hopefully tactfully) whether I think it bad news or good.

BTW.... Can everyone check the front page and let me know if their info needs changing (preferably in pm).

Been trying to sleep on my sides more as in a few weeks i will HAVE to. I usually sleep all over the place (back and both sides). But last night had serious hip soreness! Like would wake me up. put a pillow between my knees and seemed to help a bit. Contemplating getting my snoogle pillow in the next week or so from Target.
I commented to my husband this morning, I am really starting to feel pregnant. Between my body changing and my sore hips last night. hmmmm
But i wouldn't change a thing. :) So very happy to be here.

Aww Brandi, I was so frantically rushing about this morning that I didn't think to say, thank god you and freckle are ok. Your story sounded horrifying. What an ordeal! It's good you get another scan to see a happy little bean. I just saw mine and it was wonderful :happydance:

I know what you all mean about the first tri board. I guess you know when you're reaching the end of it as the board no longer seems so relevant. My MS has pretty much cleared up now, and I am starting to feel very pregnant like lmbhj. So looking forward to announcing to my family over Christmas!

I think the suggestion to have a separate board for first tri scares is a good idea, as I also had days where I was feeling anxious early pregnancy, and seeing so many of those posts left me feeling even more stressed. I hope I don't sound too selfish admitting that. For that reason I have been avoiding the first tri board a lot and started looking more at second tri. Not long until we are all there anyhow ladies :happydance:

The midwives seem to see 12 weeks as the landmark to reach, so even though it's not technically 2nd trimester, I pretty much see that as the time to start looking forward more confidently, start making the announcements etc.

Good Morning ladies,
Sounds like for the most part eveyone is well. Brandi sorry you and Freckle got shook up but glad all is well now.

I dont mean to be a sort of debbie downer but it looks as tho baby B has stopped growing :(. Dr suspected last week that B wasnt going to make it and that is why we were seen a week later. It was very obvious that there was no change in B from last week. A was moving around like crazy and looked every bit of a baby. B however just kinda looked like a seahorse as my wifey said. A measured 11w2d and B was 9w3d. I'd love to believe that by some miracle when we go back in Jan that B has developed and is not far behind A but I'm a realist. It's good that they are fraternal and had their own sac and own placenta. A should be just fine and not have anything wrong. I'm trying not to be too sad and just be grateful/thankful that A is doing wonderfully. We had our meltdown yesterday and I really dont want to break down anymore. I hope my body just reabsorbs the baby and I dont bleed or pass any clots. I havent had any spotting or bleeding up to this point. I continue to feel perfectly fine. I was happy to get some of my ?s answered, like can I eat my steaks medium rare Yes, what kind of exercising can I do, basically anything that I've done in the past, but dont start lifting weights if I never had or go sky diving!

Cheers to the weekend being near. My youngest daughter has a band concert tonight and tomorrow night we will celebrate my oldest turning 15.

Attachments

• Geebaby10w6d.jpg
    Geebaby10w6d.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 12
Not been confirmed yet as our scan is on 27th December at 12+2 but our edd is the 9th with our first baby :) xx

Aww Sassy :hugs: So sorry to hear that. I hope you and the wife are holding up ok. Beautiful pic of baby A though. :flower:

And Leigh, that's the same due date as me! :thumbup:

Been trying to sleep on my sides more as in a few weeks i will HAVE to. I usually sleep all over the place (back and both sides). But last night had serious hip soreness! Like would wake me up. put a pillow between my knees and seemed to help a bit. Contemplating getting my snoogle pillow in the next week or so from Target.
I commented to my husband this morning, I am really starting to feel pregnant. Between my body changing and my sore hips last night. hmmmm
But i wouldn't change a thing. :) So very happy to be here.

I told my DH I want a new mattress for Christmas...we're going shopping for one this weekend. Outs is 10 years old and when I was preg with my DD i couldn't sleep on it because of hip pain. We have a spare bed that feels like it has a layer of foam on top and I slept there last night with no issues (sleeping on my side). It was amazing!

I just realized that the January babies have the same name "January jelly beans" .. Im so happy I have a comfortable bed only problem I hav bad allergies n have no idea wat I can take :cry: .. Glad everyone gettin scans !! Fx

Sassy - Ah darling, i'm so sorry to hear baby B isn't doing well. And, if it isn't mean to be I hope you get the best resolution. X

I'm sorry to hear this Sass :hugs: A bnb friend of mine actually lost her twin B very early on, but he was neither passed or absorbed, just stayed behind to watch over his brother and was born with him at term xx

Sorry to hear that Sassy, fingers crossed for a good outcome xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->