July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

Seems like I'm getting over my cold now, temperature is back down to a sensible level

Not sure these are round ligament pains. I read those ligaments pains are quick and sharp and tend to be in the bikini area of lower abdomen. The pains i'm having are on the outsides of my hips and last till i move position. Though i'm sure its just stretching anyways. I sat on the floor while watching tv last night and did some over all stretching last night and it felt fantastic!
Midwife appt went well yesterday, though i have BV (never had this in my life) though its common with pregnancy, so i'm on antibiotics for 7 days. ugh.
Also got the results of our nuchal testing ultrasound. We have the lowest odds possible for having a baby with chromosomal abnormalities 1:>10,000. Happy about that. She did inform me my first trimester is officially OVER!
Woke this morning, put on my scrubs for work, looked in the mirror and i have a small visible baby bump. <3 And so it begins.

Happy new year everyone! We are off to see a comedy show and have Italian food (not for another 12 hrs though)! Perhaps ill have my FIRST cup of regular coffee (since pregnant) to help me stay up till midnight. 2013 was a fantastic year...Bought a home, engaged, married, Honeymoon in Aruba & Honeymoon baby. Can.not.wait. to see what 2014 brings.

A baby for sure! lol. Great news about your test results!

Ultrasound in four and a half hours! Can't wait!

I'm wondering if I have BV, repeated Thrush treatments haven't worked, can only think it is that? Apparently very common. Shall ask for a swab at doctors soon...At least we don't have to give up drinking for antibiotics any more hahaha! :)

Since this is July Babies group, most of us I assume are at same week or near in pregnancy.
I am 12wks and my baby is due summer . I see good sales in summer baby clothings. So I am so tempted to buy cute summer, gender neutral clothes,cute halloween clothes which are on sale for christmas, new yr in baby stores.

Anyone doing it or planning it?

Any ideas if we get more sales till then? I have never looked for sales in babies before. For other peoples babie's for gifts, we go and buy.

My only symptom for BV was an odor. Only i could smell it, neither my husband or the midwife could smell it. No itching or burning (which are other common symptoms). The midwife said it is fairly common due to hormone changes and bacteria during pregnancy. I wonder if eating more live cultures could help? (yogurts and smoothies) Cant hurt, so ill give it a try. Praying i dont get a yeast infection from the flagyl!

I have been tempted to buy some baby clothes as i see sales. But then i remember all the baby showers i have been to and the plethora of clothing they get. I'm going to try my hardest to hold off. I'm shifting my focus on envisioning the nursery. And getting as much done while i still can. Going to hopefully get some things moved out of the nursery and get some pain swatches soon. Either boy or girl, going for light grey walls and yellow accents. White furniture. And once we find out the sex, we will throw in either light pink or light blues that complement the colors already picked out.
Weather permitting, we are going to IKEA this weekend to look at baby furniture. Though we have seen some at Target we really like. Want something that grows with the baby (crib, to toddler bed, to full size bed) and a dresser with changing table lip that is removable for decades of use.

When my husband got back from dropping off his daughter on Sunday he told me his ex was being amazing. She's said congrats again and is giving us a cot on the basis it was originally bought for them and therefore she figures he's as entitled to it as she was. She's also going to take pictures of their 3 month old travel system that they're going to sell us at a discount if we want it. That means we can ask ask my Dad to decorate instead of buying a pram :D

So jealous of these ultrasounds, still haven't had my "12 week" scan but it's coming up fast it will be a 14 week scan instead I can't wait to see how big baby has got and I'm crossing everything we have an amazing tech who can get us a good nub shot.

Charlie glad your ohs ex is being supportive can't even imagine having to deal with a moody ex while preggo.

Hope everyone else is well! Xx

great 12 week US-s/he was bouncing all around (we were able to get it on video) but finally laid still long enough for the tech to get the measurements she needed. HB of 168 still. I think it looks like a boy-any guesses?

Attachments

• 12 wk sono.jpg
    12 wk sono.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 14
Morning ladies... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I took the gendermaker test today also... mine was pink BUT. I opened it before I tested and there was a red ink strip. On further research ive not been able to find any results that were ever blue. Its always pink! And alot of the time it was pink and they had a boy. I wouldnt place money on it that the tests are true and correct. Only way to ever know is requesting gender at your scans. A little bummed out by my findings but the test was only for fun anyway. Still staying team yellow at this point.

hope you all had a wonderful new years!! I managed to stay up to 12.28 with my daughter. My son fell asleep at 11.53. It was a good night with close friends, hubby and the kids.

Back from the ultrasound. Freckle was wriggling away and looks very healthy. He was VERY eager to show off the bits, but they're really tiny. Looks like there might be the beginning of a penis but time will tell. Trying to download the software for my printer to my mom's laptop so I can scan and post it.

So cute Brandi, we are not far apart at all. When is your due date?

By LMP, July 21...by insemination date/ovulation/midwife calculations, July 20...but I've stuck with July 21 because the last 3 ultrasounds have Freckle measuring right on for that date.

Ah ok... My dr said I am measuring 2 days ahead, BUT he says it does not change the due date, so I guess Im still 17 July, 2 days after my bday...

Happy new year ladies!!
Thank you for the responses. I figured itd be to do with the increased blood volume but I've never had a blood nose before and never heard of it whilst being sick.

Had my 12w NT scan yesterday. Baby looks perfect but won't know the results until I see a doctor on Monday. I loved seeing the tiny baby jumping and kicking and moving. Makes it all feel so real now. :cloud9:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe