July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

Sorry to hear about your troubles ladies. gosh kids can be horrible. My kids are under 4 my son is pretty excited but at 3 who wouldnt be and my daughter is 1 so she has no idea... my son father has taken the news the worse only because my OH (daughters dad) thought id already told him so when they bumped into eachother he started talking about it. Well didnt I get an angry phonecall from my ex. At that point I hadnt even told my family, and my ex was going on about how rude it was of my partner etc and I should have told him first. .. sigh drama

ive lost 10kgs (roughly 22lbs) since my BFP. Which is strange because I never stop eating!!

Oh ladies I'm so sorry the kids and stepkids haven't taken the news well, it must be so hurtful :(

Jackjack, congratulations on your son, what a great scan!

It was my nanna's funeral yesterday and my cousin's midwife-radar was buzzing, so news is tentatively out within the family pending next week's nuchal. They all know my history so are hugely excited but understand my worry.

I visited the baby memorial garden where Ruby rests while we were at the crematorium, and asked her to do everything in her power to make sure her little sibling is healthy. So nervous about Thursday :wacko:

Wow that's a great scan, I didn't even know they could find out gender so early!

I wanted to do the MaterniT21 blood test but just found out it's not available in Canada! I'll have to travel to do it, and pay $1933...I just don't have that kind of money!

Even if a genetic test came back positive, it still wouldn't change anything for me.

Brandi, that's really interesting. I have never heard of this test before, but it seems to be the only non-invasive way of testing for 22Q11 micro deletion syndrome, which my step-son has. I have been researching it this morning, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available in the UK yet, although it looks like I could go to Germany for it. Whilst I would want to keep the baby even if it had the syndrome, I would like to know in advance so that I'm not unnecessarily worried during the pregnancy if the baby is ok.

Ok Sorry Ladies was in a hurry when I posted these yesterday.

So I went in for my NT scan which the doctors were thinking I was 13w 6d
Last day to do it pretty much since they dont do it after 14 weeks.

As soon as they found Andrew he was laying in a goofy position. On his belly and face with his hands by his head. We laughed in turn waking him up.

He was very very active. Rolling Over, Arching his back, looking straight at us.
Once he finally was calm enough to get measurement she measured him at 15 weeks. ::huh: Cant do the NT scan :cry: But said from what they could see he looked great and shouldn't worry about anything unusual.

I was never sure on my last menstral since I had just had the Implanon taken out in August and had mild bleeding a few days after.
My first sono was a vaginal one and they thought I was only 6 weeks but could clearly see heartbeat. Then on Nov 24th they did a normal belly scan and said baby looked to be about 8 1/2 weeks but since it was early and a belly scan they could be a little off and they could already see the forming of arms and legs so my tech said more than likely closer to 9 weeks.

Well they bumped me up another week and I'm looking at around 15 weeks couple days today. Putting my due date JUNE 26!!!!!

I however would not like to be put in the June thread. I started here and I would like to stay here. Heck who knows he could still decide to be a July baby..... :thumbup:

That's awesome Jack, congrats. I hope we are that lucky in a few weeks.

Brandi, how is your kiddo today?

Mum and why was your ex mad? I mean he is an ex for a reason. I find it funny when an ex gets upset over something like that, means 1 thing.....they aren't over you. Cuz I could care less if my ex and his new wife had another child!

Anyone doing a gender reveal party or have a cute way they want to reveal to everyone what they are having?

I kinda want to do something fun. We don't have a ton of friends and the only family around us are my wife's ppl. Of course the wifey want to find out right there at the dr office instead of keeping it a secret to do a lil party/gathering. I just would maybe like to have 1 person know and gather those who we are close to and do the reveal. So I don't know lol. I just thought since this is her actual 1st child she would want to do something fun. And hell feels like my 1st all over again really, lol

Jack Jack that's an amazing shot!

We had our NT scan today and we were bang on with our dates! 13 + 1 :)

Introducing baby Popcorn :)

1551762_422373864560186_43576548_n.jpg

I would love to do something gender revealy but I really don't know what! We also have 3 friends scattered internationally and I don't know how to do it to them either!:(

No Snow, this is actually #3 for me. My oldest is 15 and youngest 11.....so might as well be. Your first?

Number 2! Our little one is only a year in a few weeks so there's going to be a 16 month age gap. EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK

Nice picture Snow.

I am doing my gender reveal by sending an announcement picture in the mail with "Its a Boy/Girl" confetti. I plan to do that for our parents, grandparents, siblings and aunts/uncles. I might even for a couple friends too but I haven't decided that far.

We find out Feb. 11th and it cannot come fast enough!!!

If my friends will throw me a baby shower were going to do a gender reveal. All the decs will be purple then we'll have a cake or something which is hot pink or royal blue inside or something. Or helium balloons.

I wanted to do the MaterniT21 blood test but just found out it's not available in Canada! I'll have to travel to do it, and pay $1933...I just don't have that kind of money!

Even if a genetic test came back positive, it still wouldn't change anything for me.

Brandi, that's really interesting. I have never heard of this test before, but it seems to be the only non-invasive way of testing for 22Q11 micro deletion syndrome, which my step-son has. I have been researching it this morning, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available in the UK yet, although it looks like I could go to Germany for it. Whilst I would want to keep the baby even if it had the syndrome, I would like to know in advance so that I'm not unnecessarily worried during the pregnancy if the baby is ok.

That's like me. My daughter has a genetic condition, likely a neurometabolic disorder, and also possible Phelan-McDermid Syndrome (22q13), and I'd only want to know to prepare myself.

That's awesome Jack, congrats. I hope we are that lucky in a few weeks.

Brandi, how is your kiddo today?

Mum and why was your ex mad? I mean he is an ex for a reason. I find it funny when an ex gets upset over something like that, means 1 thing.....they aren't over you. Cuz I could care less if my ex and his new wife had another child!

Izzy is better...still has a nasty cough and headache, but the fever is gone. My girls have it now though, so as soon as the after-hours clinic opens, we'll be going for a trip up there to get some meds for them. I really need a break, lol.

Anyone doing a gender reveal party or have a cute way they want to reveal to everyone what they are having?

I kinda want to do something fun. We don't have a ton of friends and the only family around us are my wife's ppl. Of course the wifey want to find out right there at the dr office instead of keeping it a secret to do a lil party/gathering. I just would maybe like to have 1 person know and gather those who we are close to and do the reveal. So I don't know lol. I just thought since this is her actual 1st child she would want to do something fun. And hell feels like my 1st all over again really, lol

I'm debating between mine. I'm either going to keep it a secret until birth and put a onesie with the baby's name on it and take a picture and post it to Facebook, or I'm going to have a video or photoshoot of my girls boxing/fighting with my son, and the "winning" gender gets to (gently) put their feet over the "losing" gender and flex their muscles as a way to gender reveal.

Jack Jack that's an amazing shot!

We had our NT scan today and we were bang on with our dates! 13 + 1 :)

Introducing baby Popcorn :)

1551762_422373864560186_43576548_n.jpg

Beautiful pic!

Hahaha that's a cute idea of the kids boxing/fighting Brandi! Sorry your girls are now sick but that's good your boy's fever finally broke. Hope y'all get that sickness outta your house soon.

My oldest, who has the disabilities and is medically fragile, just went from 101.1 to 103.7 in 35 minutes, and coughing more, but not struggling to breathe like my son was. Only 45 minutes til the After-Hours clinic starts handing out numbers, so we'll be going soon and praying they don't send us up to the hospital wing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->