July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

Wow what a fabulous scan Jack, you could never mistake that your LO is a boy could you lol!

So sorry to hear your son is poorly Brandi, I really hope you catch a break and something really good happens for you soon. You seem to have no luck at all missus!

X

Here is my pic from my scan on the 2nd. The women that did it was super nice she gave me 5 pictures when your only suppose to get one lol

https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j361/AllBeauty20/20140103_233300.jpg
https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j361/AllBeauty20/20140103_233349.jpg
I'm so in love! Gender predictions ladies?? Xx

By that first pic, GIRL!!!! I see NOTHING between those legs. Looks like a beautiful princess!

I have a 'gut' feeling it's a girl :D only 3 weeks until we know for sure!

I'm kinda worried about finding out what Freckle is. I have my heart so dead set on a boy, only looking at boy things, only putting boy things on the registry, that I'm afraid if I find out Freckle is a girl (making 3 girls, 1 boy), I'm going to be disappointed and maybe not love her as much as I would love a boy. I actually get upset when people suggest that Freckle is a girl (I've reemed my mom out for insisting Freckle's a girl, and still yell at her when we talk about him and she says girl).

My instinct says boy, but I don't know if it's actually instinct, or that I REALLY BADLY want another boy (mostly so my son has a boy to grow up with).

I was so excited when the tech said 65% boy, but it's still a pretty low percentage, and that nub can still go either way at 11 weeks.

Anyway, all my symptoms have been the same as with my son, chinese gender predictor says boy, most old wives tales point to boy, I inseminate 18 hours before ovulation, giving a better shot of a boy, but I'm still so scared that I'll be told girl. I'll love her, but I'm scared I won't love her as much as I would if she was a boy, or as much as my other kids, because of how much I wanted a boy (my other three were always what I wanted).

Anyway...sorry for the vent. But Zoie, I definitely say girl for you!

Brandi I feel quite similar but I really want a girl! DH and I know this is our second and final LO and I so desperately want a little girl, I always have -even whilst I was pregnant with Max I was secretly hoping for a girl. I just cannot bear to think of never having a daughter, it breaks my heart! Of course my primary concern is that LO is healthy and I will still love LO if it's a boy. I also know Max would really love a little brother but I am constantly hoping my little bump is a pink one.

If all is well at my 12 week scan on Wed, we are going to book a gender scan for 16 weeks to find out. I figure it's best to know asap and then I can get used to the idea of having another man around the house!

X

Understand how you feel ladies. We will have either 2 girls or 2 boys and won't be trying again-took long enough this time! I would love girls for me but know my fiance would love boys for sports and stuff. So I really hope its boys whilst part of me doesn't want to miss out on having daughters.

I will be happy either way but I would prefer a boy. I'm convinced it's a girl though and I'm not upset. It's our first, but I know I really don't want 2 girls. I'd love them of course. So if the first is a boy I really wouldn't mind what gender the second is x

I'll be happy either way although I've always said I'd prefer a boy. My step-daughter has 3 younger brothers and desperately wants a girl and I feel awful for hoping it's a boy but that's what I'd prefer. I'm kind of dreading it being a girl though because she'll just want to buy them everything she sees that's pink and I don't like pink very much.
I feel so guilty and conflicted with it all.
I do feel like this baby is a girl though, I keep thinking of her as a girl. I find out in 12 days though!

Just had another go at using my doppler, have been trying since 9.5 weeks and not been able to find LO at all. I kind of gave up and decided to wait til my scan on Wednesday because it was just stressing me out. My doppler is also the same one I had from my first pregnancy and its only an Angel Sounds one off eBay, think I paid £20 for it so I wasn't holding out hope that it would still work.

Anyhow, just gave it another go and managed to find the hb within a few minutes. LO is still quite low down on my left side, not quite in my pelvic area but thereabouts. I even managed to hold it long enough for DH to listen and we did a count of the bpm which was roughly 167. It really is the most amazing sound in the world and I feel like I can start to get excited for my scan now!!!!

X

I'm hoping for a girl but am happy with either...Though, I cannot stand girly girl stuff and never have and I think a large part of why kids want that is based on social conditioning rather than an innate urge for girls to want to wear or have this stuff. I think the more girls we bring into the world with strong independant values and neutral colour schemes the better....With all that said my lovely niece is nutso about pink, her bedroom is like the inside of a My Little Pony. So I might be dead wrong.

I'm pretty confident my step-daughter only loves pink because her Mum and society tell her to. She's started to like purple and other things as she's getting older and more black too.

Me and her Dad like alternative music and 'fashion' but I doubt she'll go emo lol, she likes chart music and things. She's just developing her own style as she grows older.

I am pretty sure we are having a girl. Dh is disappointed as he really wanted a boy first. But she will be wrapped around his finger so I am not to worried.

I do agree that girls/boys tend to like what society and parents push on them. I hope not to do that especially to our girls. I want them to grow up to be thinkers and challengers to the mainstream.

We are starting by not having a gender colored nursery and going with yellow and grey.

There's no way I will push any gender stereotypes. If my daughter wants a power workshop that's fine, if my son wants a barbie doll house that's fine too.

I have 2 brothers. One niece has refused to wear anything but black and purple since she was 2. Played with knights and is goalkeeper etc. Other bro daughters are beyond pink-gave us a photo of them dressed as flower fairies at xmas and love disney princesses etc. It's been nice to experience both but think somewhere in between would be good!

Brandi I feel quite similar but I really want a girl! DH and I know this is our second and final LO and I so desperately want a little girl, I always have -even whilst I was pregnant with Max I was secretly hoping for a girl. I just cannot bear to think of never having a daughter, it breaks my heart! Of course my primary concern is that LO is healthy and I will still love LO if it's a boy. I also know Max would really love a little brother but I am constantly hoping my little bump is a pink one.

If all is well at my 12 week scan on Wed, we are going to book a gender scan for 16 weeks to find out. I figure it's best to know asap and then I can get used to the idea of having another man around the house!

X

This is EXACTLY me!

I have a daughter already and she has pink things but I don't see the harm. I hate this whole 'my girl can't have pink things, I'm not stereotyping her!!!' Thing people go on about. She got a dumper truck and hot wheels cars and a Thomas the Tank annual for Christmas, but she also got a doll and a pram and a Disney princess castle. I buy her things she likes and enjoys, regardless of colour, but I don't avoid things because they're pink. She also has lots of pink clothes, because they're cute clothes, not because they're pink. Why shouldn't she wear pink? As children get older they all develop preferences for colour and toy type and as long as you allow that to flourish, I think the whole 'stereotype' thing is blown totally out of proportion.

Yep, a neutral nursery and clothing colours is what i'll be going for either way too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->