July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

Sun_flower - Heh, I completely agree, I don't think a pink-ban is a good idea either :) For me it's not just the colour per se but everything that seems to go along with it, and that says more about my upbringing and personal feelings than anything else.

I have a daughter already and she has pink things but I don't see the harm. I hate this whole 'my girl can't have pink things, I'm not stereotyping her!!!' Thing people go on about. She got a dumper truck and hot wheels cars and a Thomas the Tank annual for Christmas, but she also got a doll and a pram and a Disney princess castle. I buy her things she likes and enjoys, regardless of colour, but I don't avoid things because they're pink. She also has lots of pink clothes, because they're cute clothes, not because they're pink. Why shouldn't she wear pink? As children get older they all develop preferences for colour and toy type and as long as you allow that to flourish, I think the whole 'stereotype' thing is blown totally out of proportion.

I don't have a pink ban, I just won't buy every pink thing in the store. Only thing I have a partial ban on is pastel colours and that's because I really hate them, once they have their own choice if they want pastels that's fine. The thing I hate is kids being pushed into pink and blue brackets. I remember being told I shouldn't want certain toys as a kid (not by my family) and I'm sick of hearing "but that's for boys".
The concern I have is my SD will want something in the shop just because it's pink! A toaster, a waste paper bin, anything. I actually really like hot pink I just won't be dressing them in all pink or all blue.

I'm not a fan of the harsh gender stereotypes either. I think that's part of the reason why I am leaning toward being team yellow with our peanut. My DW refuses to wait on the gender reveal but I just love the idea of going with gender neutral color scheme for the nursery and all the baby items and letting the child decide later on what their preference is. :baby:

On a completely different subject, does anyone know of any websites that provide lists of all the various baby paraphernalia that you need to buy for your first child? I'm sure there is loads of stuff that we will need to buy, but I don't have a clue where to start outside the obvious things such as cots and prams!

Also, if anyone has found any good websites showing gender neutral nursery ideas I would be grateful if you could post a link to them.

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a559809/buying-for-baby-what-you-really-need

If you go along to pinterest and search for gender neutral nursery there are tons of lovely images

Morning ladies. I'm ready for that MUCH NEEDED break. Between my house being broken into, and my laptop stolen, and my van breaking down at Christmas, and my son having bronchitis, and now my oldest daughter, who is medically fragile having a mystery illness AND bladder infection...I just need a freaking BREAK!!!! :brat: We've been to the hospital 3 times in the last 2 days, and NOTHING has been found, except the bladder infection. The poor kid can't breathe, her o2 is 97 on room air, her heartrate is somewhere in the 120's (She's 6), and her fever just won't go the hell away.

Last night, at 8pm, she was 103.1 so I gave her Advil. Checked on her again at 9pm and she was 104.3 and very lethargic, not wanting to respond, you could SEE AND FEEL the heat coming from her, she couldn't walk straight, she was very confused, so I called an ambulance for her. She had a chest xray, bloodwork, urine, and an IV at the hospital, and they only found the bladder infection...she is very obviously sick though. She doesn't want to eat, drink, or talk..just sleep. The IV brought her fever down to normal, but she shot right back up again today. Fevers are dangerous for her.

Anyway, I'm ready for a break.

Baby will be sleeping in my room for a while, so he'll have no choice but to have a purple bedroom. I don't go all out with themed nursery's and colours. My kids all got a yellow room because that's what colour the room was before they came along. I do seem to be buying a lot of safari related items though, so the items seem to be gender neutral safari.

And 12 weeks tomorrow and my first midwife appointment! YAY!!!!

How long will your babies be sleeping in your room? I've heard 6 months is best x

I've always started to move them around 6 months, but don't fully move them until closer to 10-12 months.

How long will your babies be sleeping in your room? I've heard 6 months is best x

At least 6 months is best to reduce the risk of SIDS :) This is because if baby and mum can hear each other breathing, baby's breathing regulates to mums. And if baby is in trouble, mum can hear and respond.

We've tried DS in his own room at 6m, 1yr and 2yrs. He hates it and wants to be with us! His bed is in our room and most nights he climbs in with us in the early hours.

It's not for everyone, but on the nights he sleeps through in his own bed (not often, I'll admit) I sleep terribly!

Baby will be bed sharing with me from birth, both to help with breastfeeding and so I can respond quicker and feed him/her before the grumbling wakes D.

I'll have some juggling to do when hubby is away and I have Dillon PLUS baby in bed with me, but hey ho!

We will be co sleeping until at least 7 months, we are hiring a co sleeper rather than buying one for £250 it's only costing £99

We co-slept on and off with my daughter from birth, and she was in with us in her own cot until six months or so. She ended up back in with us till about 9 months as we moved house and she was unsettled in her new room, I loved having her in with us. If she still slept and didn't wriggle like a little worm and keep all three of us awake, I think she'd still be in with us! I'm wanting to invest in a sidecar crib this time around (like the ones on the NCT website) as they look wonderful! I wasn't aware you could hire them though, I'll have to look in to that ! Xx

Yes it is the NCT one I was looking at it in John Lewis we were going to buy it but I think renting would be better for us :)

I'm planning on winging it with LO being in our room as its my first and when hubby had his daughter they were in a 1 bed flat so had no real choice.
Our cat is allowed in our room but won't be allowed in the baby's room so that might mean they go into their room earlier, plus I plan on bottle feeding.

Dylan moved at 3 1/2 months into his own room, but only as the cot wouldn't fit in our room and he outgrew the basket!

This time our bedroom is smaller and it will be a squeeze to fit even the Moses basket in!

hey ladies,

im almost 13 weeks, and my little bean is so busy, I can feel majority of its movements.... Is that normal??

I cant wait to see baby on the 14th....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->