July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

I'm planning on winging it with LO being in our room as its my first and when hubby had his daughter they were in a 1 bed flat so had no real choice.
Our cat is allowed in our room but won't be allowed in the baby's room so that might mean they go into their room earlier, plus I plan on bottle feeding.

Just a thought, an old friend of mine had a few cats as well and a newborn baby. They wanted to keep the cats out of the nursery but not keep the door closed all the time. They installed a cheap screen door into the door frame so they could see in, but cats couldn't get in.

Hi ladies...kinda quiet over the weekend here but that's ok.

I had a house FULL from Thursday to Sunday, so I could barely read the board til last night. My wife's brother and his brood, 3 sons+wife, came to visit from Del Rio (4hours away). So of course the great grandparents popped over every day along with her other brother and his brood, gf+2kids. My house was crazy and no one got to bed before 1 am on any of those nights! So after they left on Sunday my youngest daughter helped me take down all the Christmas décor and clean house. I was soooo exhausted after that. I will definitely be enjoying a quiet house this week.
I've been browsing Pinterest for nursey ideas. As far as colors go, I'm not a big fan of pink myself but shiny/blinging things do catch my eye, lol. I've found a few ideas we both agree on. I like the brighter colors, orange, blue, lime green, etc. Once we know what we are having we'll get serious with picking something out.
We don't have cats but we do have dogs, I love that screen door idea. I would have never thought of that! I think we'll be rehoming our 2 male dogs before the baby and just keeping our 2 female dogs. The boys have gotten really aggressive lately and we aren't sure why.
So how was everyone's weekend. Brandi you get that sickness under control in your house yet or at least on it's way to being done running its course?

Not even close, Sassy.

Got a call from my ex yesterday that he was ending his visit a day early because my son was sick again with a cough and a fever, and my youngest daughter was coughing up a storm and he couldn't handle it. So I went and got them. My son didn't have a fever, but he did have a cough, which is left over from his bronchitis, so he's off at school today.

My youngest has a cough, but nothing else, but my oldest daughter is STILL fighting high fevers. It's Day 4 of her fever and so far the only explanation was a bladder infection. But with her medical conditions, she has a lot of trouble fighting fevers.

I was supposed to have my first midwife appointment today but they had to cancel it because my midwife was delivering another baby. Kinda disappointed, but it ended up working out, cuz I couldn't find anyone to take them so I could attend. HOPEFULLY my older daughter's fever breaks by tomorrow so that tomorrow, I can go and only take one kid.

Oh my Brandi. Well I guess it's a good thing your apt got cancelled. Hopefully tomorrow you'll be able to make your appt. Hope your daughter gets to feeling better or at the very least, her fever breaks. Glad your son is on the mend.

Im sorry about your kids being sick brandi. I really hope they get better soon.

I've been sick in the supermarket car park ha ha. Luckily it was dark.

We've got 3 cats and 2 ferrets. I'm keeping the cats but re homing the ferrets :-( I just know I won't have time for them. Whereas the cats are more independent as we have a cat flap x

I cannot believe how fast things seem to be going. I had my third prenatal appointment today. Everything looks to be going well. 5 weeks until my gender scan.

I think one of them might be on the mend! Zoe hasn't had a fever since she woke up this morning...still has a cough, but *knock on wood*, she's recovering. My son came home early from school though, cuz he wasn't feel well and he's been having coughing fits all afternoon, so I think he's coming down with something new.

Thinking school might be cancelled tomorrow. It's supposed to be -38C (-33F) tomorrow and I just can't see school making kids wait for busses or walk in that kind of weather. Midwife appointment in the morning though, barring any more babies deciding to be born, lol. Then a lawyer appointment. So, kinda hoping school ISN'T closed so I don't have to scramble for a babysitter.

I think one of them might be on the mend! Zoe hasn't had a fever since she woke up this morning...still has a cough, but *knock on wood*, she's recovering. My son came home early from school though, cuz he wasn't feel well and he's been having coughing fits all afternoon, so I think he's coming down with something new.

Thinking school might be cancelled tomorrow. It's supposed to be -38C (-33F) tomorrow and I just can't see school making kids wait for busses or walk in that kind of weather. Midwife appointment in the morning though, barring any more babies deciding to be born, lol. Then a lawyer appointment. So, kinda hoping school ISN'T closed so I don't have to scramble for a babysitter.

Brandi,

I'm sorry about the little ones being sick! Hopefully you'll get into your midwife tomorrow and the kids school isn't closed. The temperature here is 57F and I am cold cant imagine what -38C feels like. Good luck tomorrow :hugs:

I think it's the temperature at which prunes become raisins. In 27 years, I've never experience a day that cold, but I guess I'll find out tomorrow, lol.

Ack pregnancy insomnia!!! I've been up for two hours, starving, so i had to eat and i'm wayching tv. I would love to take a warm bath every night but its not practical with a toddler. I need to start exercising, hopefully that will help?0

I feel so crampy and bloated today, it really sucks. I can't even enjoy my lemonade because it's making me feel more bloated.
On a plus side I managed to find my baby's heartbeat on the doppler last night. We also found out another girl at work is pregnant 2 weeks 2 days behind me which is really exciting.

So our fur babies sleeps in the room with us,
And the baby girl decided to pee on the floor, god alone knows why.
Anyway, as I was making my way to the loo a 4.30am, I slipped and fell into the mirror.
I knocked my knee so bad, I balled my eyes out, this morning, when i woke up I was in so much pain, with my groin and back.
Mother in law is coming to fetch me at work now, to take me to dr to make sure everything is OK.

Hey everyone, a belated Happy New Year!

I've been busy visiting family since the 27th so have just done my best to catch up on most of the posts. I have an essay to write so couldn't go through them all! Brandi, I'm sorry to read about your ill children, I hope they're all feeling better soon. And that you make your midwife appointment ok!

I had a scan today and my due date has been changed to July 6th! Baby looked so different at 14+2 from 11+4 - his/her proportions are much more baby like than bean like! My next scan is on Feb 17th so counting the days down til then.

We are staying team yellow as I think it will give me an extra incentive to push on the day :haha: and if we are given any baby gifts I'd prefer neutral in the hope they can be used more than once if we have a boy and a girl. We have gone with a neutral nursery as I was inspired by this pic online.. Our furniture will be no way near as sophisticated (*cough* expensive), we've been looking at cots from IKEA. But I like the colour scheme so we've painted the walls beige with white skirting, and plan on getting white furniture for the room.. with a cute teddy bear mobile and cute beige and white rug from IKEA.

Would love to hear about your nursery plans!

I went and test ran a Bugaboo Bee while in the UK and have to say I'm rather smitten. It's so lightweight and folds up nice and small for my tiny Peugeot's boot. The price tag however is not so desirable and was wondering if any of you could recommend any alternatives with similar specifications. I live in a cobbly city but have no need for off-terrain as I plan to just improvise in those situations!

Attachments

• beige-nursery_TthPJ_250171.jpg
    beige-nursery_TthPJ_250171.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 2
So despite colleges being closed, and schools an hour and a half from here being closed, and schools being closed in the next town over, our city keeps schools OPEN! Yup, so I got my kids up at 6:30am to get them ready for school, because the school board is too damn irresponsible to cancel classes. I want to keep them home, but I have to see my lawyer and my midwife today and can't take them with me.

The school board will be getting a nasty email about how irresponsible this decision is though.

Attachments

• school.jpg
    school.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 12
Ouch Ty, hope you are ok.

that's cute Cally. You are way more strong willed than I, cuz I HAVE to know what we are having. We've browsed furniture and all the babygear but haven't seriously looked at anything, if you know what I mean. We'll be moving my daughter to the bigger room and making her room the nursery. The walls in her current room are purple and bottom half grey. We would like to keep the grey and if it's a boy paint over the purple, not sure what color tho. I am thinking we wont start on the nursery til March tho.

That's crazy about the schools Brandi. I understand you need to go to your appts and how difficult it is taking kids and or rounding up a babysitter. Good luck at both of them.

Wrote them a nice letter this morning, lol

To Whom It May Concern,

I am the parent of two children who attend a Grand Erie District school. One of my children has severe disabilities and medical concerns that put her life at risk in this kind of weather. I'm writing this email to let you know how disgusting I think it is for you to force small children to attend school in weather such as this.

When you issue a notice acknowledging the severity of the cold temperatures and what it can mean for the health of adults and children, included in that notice should be one that states "For the safety of our students who matter, we are closing schools. Please stay warm and safe", not "Thank you for helping us make sure this is another successful and safe school day".

How safe do you think it was for my daughter, who suffers from a condition called Immersion Hypothermia, to stand for even one minute waiting for her bus this morning? Her condition puts her at risk for seizures, cyanosis, hypothermia, shock, and death. It didn't matter that she was dressed in snow pants, a warm coat, warm gloves, a scarf, boots, and a hat. It didn't matter that I kept her inside my warm vehicle until the bus arrived. The ONE MINUTE it took her to get from my vehicle to the bus doors was enough to turn her cheeks bright red and for her to begin shivering. This is just the first step in the negative effects of her condition.

I am absolutely appalled and disgusted with this school board for this decision. How can you, in your right minds, think that when London and Kitchener cancel their COLLEGE classes because it is too cold for adults to attend school, that it is okay for the "littles", yes CHILDREN, to attend school?

London and Kitchener, and other school boards around Brantford got it right by following the lead of the colleges and closing the schools down for the day due to the temperatures, so how Grand Erie District School Board got it so so wrong, is beyond me.

I hope you'll understand why your schools are so empty today, because at least most parents have the common sense and responsibility to keep their children home and not risk their health and lives. Unfortunately, other parents, like myself, had no choice but to send them off to school in these extreme temperatures, when all we wanted to do was keep them home.

The decision to keep schools open today, while acknowledging that it is too cold to be outside is just absolutely appalling and irresponsible on your part. You would think a school board who claims to care about the wellbeing of its students would follow the lead of other boards and express caution with the safety and health of its students and cancel schools.

If even ONE child is injured in any way health wise today, it is solely your responsibility, and I can only hope that you will use this experience as a lesson learned and protect the safety and wellbeing of your students by cancelling school in the future when it is this cold outside. People DIE in this weather. Is that what you want to risk with your students? Is a "successful and safe school day" really worth the risk of a child losing their life because it's too damn cold to be outside? Forget your agenda's. Take away a day of their summer vacation.

At least the kids won't be at risk of serious health complications in June.

Sincerely,
Brandi Meszaros

Extremely concerned parent in regards to the lack of responsibility in these extreme temperatures and weather circumstances

ooooweee you let them have it, Brandi. Very well written, cant wait to hear what their response to you is.

That's an awesome letter Brandi, very well written!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->