July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

The maternity leave here in the U.S is crap compared to the U.K, I'll probably work up to 34 weeks but idk if that will be possible since I'm bending my back and looking into a patients mouth all day lol. I'll probably stay home with the princess until shes about 5 months(all without pay) then go back to work since hubby will be going to specialty school no income will be coming in for those 5 months, ugh!

I think we are basically in the same boat! Making money and husband is in school. Luckily I talked to my boss and he is going to put me at our slow clinic if need be towards the end. He has been very accommodating so far. The good thing is that I don't have to lift patients or bend over much. Basically I just go in and talk to patients, do a quick exam, write them scripts, and then fill out their chart. I can sit down for most of that time. I agree with you tooth about leaving at 34 weeks or so if you have to stand and bend a lot. I've never been pregnant, but I can imagine its going to get uncomfortable. It just sucks we don't get paid. But, there is nothing I can do about it, and I knew all of this before I got pregnant. I'm just praying I will have a normal pregnancy and won't have to go on bed rest or anything!

I talked to a friend who went through the same thing. She made a good salary and her husband was still in school. She had her baby a few months ago and was able to get short term disability through work. It didn't pay all, but did pay a portion of her salary. I am not sure if that is an option for you tooth? Also, check your state policies, some allow you to file for disability for a little while after you give birth. Although I know both of those are not options for me, it is worth checking in to.

The US system sucks!, that really needs to be changed!.

I'm lucky to work from home self employed but we can manage to pay bills and food from hubby's money we moved to a really cheap area too about 2 years ago. I really feel for you ladies who have to worry about jumping back into work almost immediately after giving birth :hugs:

Gender scan is in 12 hours 45 mins :haha: not that I'm counting lol

Hi ladies!

Is it normal to be having cramps at this stage? I've been having them since Thursday and I just had a scan yesterday but still wondering if they are normal?

I get cramps for a few days at a time. I think its just a growth spurt. I usually find baby higher than before with the Doppler when they are gone.

Just rehomed my 2 ferrets, I know I won't be able to give them the time they deserve when our baby is here. I cried, but they have gone to an amazing home :)

We have 3 cats, I could never rehome them, so they will have to adjust haha. They have a cat flap, and are very independent with entertaining themselves x

Njoy your scan... we waiting to hear the results...

We have 2 boxer dogs, and I could not imagine rehoming them, I would just die...

Clyde is hubby baby, and Bonnie is my baby, she lays on my tummy for hours almost like she can hear the baby.... and when you ask her, Bonnie where is the baby, she puts her paw on my tummy... ;-)

Here, we can take up to 52 weeks off, but only 26 weeks of those are paid, and even then, it's only 60% of your income based on your last 10 paycheques, or something like that. It's nice to be home for that long, but not easy to live on that.

Good luck on your scan, Zoie!

So the cold weather and sickness finally caught up to me. I've been nursing a nasty sinus cold since yesterday morning and it's making it difficult to sleep. My head and sinuses are throbbing, my eyes are burning and I just want to close them, and this morning, my ear feel like they want to pop and all I can take is Tylenol which isn't touching anything. To make it worse, I have to work in an hour. I look how I feel so I hope they'll just send me home. It's my third to last shift anyway.

I remember someone asking about that...I'll search back and answer after work.

Maybe I'm being silly, but I have a huge fear that this pregnancy is not going to work out. I have a huge fear that at my next ultrasound, the baby will be gone, or that when I give birth, the baby will be stillborn.

With my other pregnancies, I always dreamt about what I was having, and of giving birth. This time, I've had two of those dreams, very early on, and both times, I walked away from the baby. Since then, I've only been dreaming about my friends giving birth (always to girls) and me being present, but never giving birth myself.

Last night, I dreamt I went into labour at 35 weeks (I'm 15 weeks today). My stomach was flat, I was never hooked up to monitors or checked for dilation, and my labour stopped on its own, but the girl in the bed next to me ended up giving birth to a baby girl a few minutes later. She turned out to be a friend of mine who lives 3 hours away.

So, I know there are three possibilities here.

1. I'm dreaming about other people having babies, and that I walked away from my own, twice, because my dreams are predicting that I WILL lose this baby.

2. I'm dreaming about other people having babies because my dreams are reflecting my fears of losing this baby.

3. The fact that every dream I have about my friends having babies they have a girl in, and it's the gender I DON'T want is of me projecting that girl away from me, and expressing my desperation and want of a boy.

Anyone have insight?

Victoria - Mashed potatoes are my best freind too! love them with a passion and have done since about week 7. :haha:

Brandi - Terrible behaviour by your employer, in the UK it's illegal for an employer to change a pregnant employees hours/contract terms etc without agreement by the employee. And if heavy lifting etc is involved the employer has to either find alternative work or else suspend them on full pay.....I'm assuming this isn't the case over there? are there laws protecting pregnant women specifically against discrimination or is it just general workers rights?

It's the same case here, except when they cut my hours back, they told me I needed to sign and agree to lower hours, or that I would no longer be employed there. I've been in contact with the Labour Board here and we will be opening a case against them for discrimination, and unlawful and constructive dismissal.

Brandi - Well, it sounds like a cut and dried case of obvious discrimination to me. Hope you get it all sorted, but obviously it's the last thing you need right now. Regarding the fear of something going wrong, i've personally decided I cannot trust 'mothers instinct' at all.. I've had horrible dreams about miscarriage (I think because I had an mc a month before I got this bfp), I felt certain my 12 week scan would be disastrous, but it was great. The only thing dreams have ever told me is how i'm feeling about things....never what's actually happening X

Was that a private scan? Just thought with it being on a Sunday haha x

Congratulations Zoie! Did you have a hunch one way or the other?

Thanks girls we are over the moon and already been shopping for my baby boy! :D

Yes it was a private scan, the place was fantastic made us and my family really welcome and it was a full 10min scan with 4 printed pictures and a CD with 12 more pictures on.

I thought he was a girl but I think deep down I knew he was a he lol. I'm a very girly girl and the pink clothes clouded my judgment lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->