July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

Wow Tulip! That is one cute bump!

I was low-average bmi before preg and put on 14 lbs already - crazy really as i've never gained weight like that in my adult life before. But yeah, i'm giving up the scales. I eat healthily for the most part.

Lovely bump Tulip, mine isn't anything like that so no pics from me, lol. Tho the wifey says I'm pooching out a lot more and says I'm going to be huge! Great dear, just what every pregnant woman wants to hear from their spouse lol Have I told ya'll how OVER THE MOON she is with me being pregnant! She is looking forward to it all! Heck I went out and bought a new scale cuz mine bit the dust. The bestie said what the hell for I'm pregnant, who cares about my weight! Well I do! LOL I definitely don't fret over my weight or limit myself when I am hungry or at meal time but I am conscious of it. I'm not sure what my exact weight was before pg as those horrible ivf meds packed on the pounds. But I would guess I was 135-140ish or so and as of yesterday I am 151! YIKES Batman I still haven't started back up on walking daily or even every other day yet because it has been soo cold here. And I really should invest in panty liners because I do some serious kegels when I sneeze, lol.

Lol, bless your missus, Sass! I can totally feel her excitement through your posts!

Thanks ladies. Seems we're all doing very differently. But I think you're right. The priority is building a human life, the rest can wait :thumbup:

Sassy, I'm so happy for you that your partner is not just supportive, but super excited for you. I walked into DH's office earlier on and one of the first things he did was reach out and stroke my tummy before looking up at me with a super wide smile that warmed my soul. His excitement makes me feel less alone on this pregnancy journey, sounds like your wife is doing the same for you :) I bet she'll make an amazing birthing partner - she'll understand it all better than my DH ever would be able to!

Oh yes ladies. She is wonderful. Always wanting to see the growing bump from various angles and any give moment in the day. Talks to my tummy every night and has since we found out I was pregnant. I've never been treated like fina china til now....may want to stay pg forever at this rate of special treatment! HAHA She is truly wonderful and I am blessed. that's lovely to hear about your hubby Cally, makes this journey all the more better I think.

Cute bump Tulip! At first I couldn't tell if I had an actual bump or if I was just putting on weight :dohh: LOL. Anybody have scans next week? I have a scan today hoping we'll find out the gender :D Wish me luck ladies. Still have a cold :(

Good luck Toothfairy. Hope you get to find out what you are having, tho I think it's still too early to tell but I'm no dr lol. Post pic of your lovely baby when you get a chance tho. No scan for me next week, just going in for some blood work.

Good luck Toothfairy. Hope you get to find out what you are having, tho I think it's still too early to tell but I'm no dr lol. Post pic of your lovely baby when you get a chance tho. No scan for me next week, just going in for some blood work.

I hope so too, the US tech has been doing this for almost 28 years so I'm hoping his experience can help us at least get some sort of hint. I'm sure its too early to tell though :growlmad:

I'll post a pic as soon as I get back today, only 6 more hours until the appointment. hehe.

oh okie, I have my NT today because they made a mistake last week but I took it as another chance to the see the little peanut.

Does anyone's doc have them leave a urine sample at each appointment?

Tooth fairy I have my first of two anomaly scans on Thursday - plus our Harmony results should be back before then. Just as well as the hospital doesn't tell you the gender over here :(

I have to leave a urine sample every time. They are checking for sugar and proteins.

My midwife has me do a urine sample at every visit, and I dip the glucose/protein stick, and then dump the urine..never had to leave it though.

Had the weirdest thing happen this morning. I used to be friends with a girl a few house down until she accused my children of breaking her daughter's toy, and then demanded $25 to replace it. I said I'd replace the doll, but not give her money...found out the doll was only $9 anyway.

Anyway, she went on to attack my kids and their character and claim my kids are out of control and have no manners, blah blah blah (sorry that my daughter is autistic and developmentally a toddler, and that their father abandoned them and my son isn't taking it so well?)

Today, her 9 year old daughter knocked on my door and said her mom was out, and no one woke her up for school and that her mother's boyfriend wouldn't take her to school, but told her she has to go. It's -32C right now, and the school is a 45 minute walk away. She was in tears because it was so cold, and she came begging me for a ride to school. I felt so horrible for her, so I took her to school. Who the hell tells a 9 year old kid that because she's an hour and a half late for school, she has to walk there in this kind of weather? It's friggin insane!

I've gained about 11lbs so far but I'm not worrying about it, I'll just put in more effort to slim down afterwards. I already have an "ass box", it's a box where all the clothes that don't fit and jeans that don't go over my ass are going until probably this time next yeah lol.
My midwife and doc needs a urine sample every appointment too.

Had my amnio and got to see bubs on the scan which was great. Results have come back "normal" but didn't find out the sex although I am itching to know.
I have put on about seven pounds so far and have a biiig belly which everyone at work keeps kindly pointing out to me. Like I hadn't noticed it!

I have my private gender scan on Sunday! This weekend is going so slow!. Good luck everyone else who has scans coming up.

Yeah urine samples everytime to make sure theres no protein etc in it.

With my first LO I was underweight so had to go under consultant care BMI wise..this time around im just in the middle of healthy weight :) yay!!! Well I was...daren't get on the scales as ive had such an appetite haha xxx

Yeah urine samples everytime to make sure theres no protein etc in it.

With my first LO I was underweight so had to go under consultant care BMI wise..this time around im just in the middle of healthy weight :) yay!!! Well I was...daren't get on the scales as ive had such an appetite haha xxx

I am having the underweight problem you had during your last pregnancy. It scares me because I want my little on to get all the nourishment he or she needs! I have only gained 1lb or so since I got pregnant and am now 15 weeks. I am slender and had a BMI of 20 to begin with so I know I need to gain 25-35lbs. So far it just wont happen! Currently I am trying to eat 5-6 meals a day high in protein and calories. But the scale wont move... The only thing I can think of is cutting down my work-outs further. The problem is that stretching / working out seems to help a lot with sleep and back pains. Everyone keeps saying that I am "lucky" and should just go with it. I hate those comments. Baby needs nourishment.

Did your doc give you any tips last time on how to gain weight? Does anyone else have any experience with this or any advice?

Has everyone decided what week you'll start mat leave? I'm thinking 35 weeks? First 2 using holiday, but then the baby will most likely be late. Seems a long time at home ha ha x

I'm going to try and work up to the day.
I had the other two on the weekend so hoping the same goes for this one :) (fingers crossed)
My company gives us 3 months Maturnity so I cant wait for that.

My teaching contract ends May 23rd so I will be working up until then. Then I will probably be moving that last week of May. I am excited to have a bit of time off before bubs comes. I just hope I can take next year off instead of going back when baby is 6-8 weeks old. I am not sure how I will cope with that.

I am so jealous of all the gender scans. I have until Feb. 11th which seems so far away! I requested the day off for the scan and then to do some gender shopping.

Hi ladies! Here's a little update from today's scan: NT measurement was 2.1 and along with blood work everything looks good. The baby was very very active. She was waving her little arms... Yes I said she :) He said he's pretty sure and showed me the girly parts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->