July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

I went up 2 cup sizes in my 1st trimester.... I hope it does not get any bigger than what they are... They are extremely heavy... LOL... from a DD to an F....

All I have been wearing are tights or loose dresses...... That is my most comfortable clothing, and when at home pj short's and hubby's tshirts...

And I hate going out now a days, I would prefer to be at home...

After this morning's episode, I am feeling much better, took Bonnie to the Vet and he has a bad case of tonsilitis and a fever, they gave her 2 injections and put her on antibiotics for the week... Poor dog... :-(

I am loving to cook now a days, I always loved cooking, but more so now, NOT that Im eating much of it, I think hubby is gaining more weight now, lol, which is good, and I have been craving SALADS.... Which is good.....

3 more days and then I get to see baby.... Im so excited.....

I've had acid reflux off and on since I found out I was preggo. Sometimes it is horrible and constant for hours.

I haven't bought any "maternity" clothes yet, just things in lg or xlg. I'm happy that leggings are so popular right now. I haven't broke down and bought maternity jeans yet, still doing the hair band trick. That would be the only thing maternity that I would absolutely need, maternity jeans. Everything else can just be a sz or 2 larger. I think I'll have to go up a cup sz in my bras soon tho. These DDs are on the verge of spilling over. Don't even want to think about how big they will be once my milk comes in, YIKES!

I've only bought one maternity top, I got it for like $2 at Old Navy last week. Its a XL so still too big but its a summer top thinking it'll fit by then :D I'm thinking of just buying a belly band instead of buying maternity jeans but not sure. LOL about the them spilling over, I'm also a DD and I don't even wanna think what they'll be like after.

I'd buy a belly band before maternity jeans. And then if you decide that's not comfortable enough then buy some maternity jeans. Well I might be the minority on this but I love my big boobs! HAHA so it wont bother me. It probably should since I'm only about 5'1 and have no waist but it doesn't lol

Sorry about your pooch. I love cooking as well. I use to out eat the wifey but not anymore! Since I've figured out when I over eat that's when acid reflux kicks in to over drive I have to stop my self with the 1st plate! hehehe

I go for some blood work on Wednesday to my local Lab Corp. Its quad blood screening. Feb 11 I see the sono tech for an ultrasound, so I am counting down to that! I'm anxious to feel him move, damn this anterior placenta!

Yay!!! More gender reveals.
Congrats you guys, how exciting.
Lots of little princesses :pink::pink::pink:
And Welcome to the boy club Zoie.
Was everyone predictions right on?
I was convinced for awhile I was having a girl but when I truly think about it all the symptoms matched my pregnancy with my first son.

On another note hit up a few clearence racks this weekend and scored a ton of winter stuff for next year. Now just have to store it all somewhere lol.

Have a great week everyone.

Sassy what is quad blood screening?

I always thought I was having a boy because all of my brothers and sisters had boys 1st and I just figured I would be the same....

quad screen test is a maternal blood screening test that looks for four specific substances: AFP, hCG, Estriol, and Inhibin-A.

AFP: alpha-fetoprotein is a protein that is produced by the fetus

High levels of AFP may suggest that the developing baby has a neural tube defect such as spina bifida or anencephaly

Low levels of AFP and abnormal levels of hCG and estriol may indicate that the developing baby has Trisomy 21(Down syndrome), Trisomy 18 (Edwards Syndrome) or another type of chromosome abnormality

hCG: human chorionic gonadotropin is a hormone produced within the placenta

Estriol: estriol is an estrogen produced by both the fetus and the placenta

Inhibin-A: inhibin-A is a protein produced by the placenta and ovaries

I opted to not have an amnio done. But my dr recommended this test instead.

Oh I see.
My dr said only if we come back high risk, will we either need to go for the amniocentesis, or the harmony test....
But we came back low risk, so i wont be doing any of those.....
Good Luck...

Tymeg, that's what my doc said as well!

Anyone else have a negative blood type? My blood type is B- so I have to get an injection at some point, I can't even remember when he said but I believe it has to do with the Rh incompatibility.

I had to have something they called the quad blood test because I was too far along for my NT measurement - is that the same thing then? It came back low risk for downs either way

Hello ladies. Hope everyone's had a good weekend. We just had our "Australia Day" holiday and it was so much fun. Took our ski boat down to the river. Did some kneeboarding and biskiting. Was great fun!!

Heres my updated bump piccie

Attachments

• 20140127_193551.jpg
    20140127_193551.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 3
Lovely bump mum!

My bbs have not grown much. I am a bit disappointed since tthey are small to begin will. :haha:

Hi ladies..

Will be back in a few days. This sinus crap is kicking my butt, and hormones are working overdrive. Found out my ex is moving on with some chick, and has already told my kids she's their new mom and that they need to call her Mommy.

It's been two years since I left him, and I left him cuz he was abusive, but with this new stuff, the last few days, I find myself wanting him back, and looking over photos of our wedding and when we took the kids to Florida and wondering where the hell it all went wrong. We used to be so happy and everything was perfect. One photo in particular has me breaking down in tears because you can see and feel the love. I want it back. I'm so tired of being alone :cry:

Congrats on all the gender scans! So exciting!! :happydance:

Welcome to Ashleii and Snow! :flower:

Sorry you are so down, Brandi :hugs:

Sassy- having my quad screening next week, hoping for good results! Really am not keen on having an amniocentesis :( Nuchal scan was perfect though! :thumbup:

TyMeg- hope your puppy gets well soon! :flower:

I'm not rhesus neg but we have rare blood types running every other generation in my family so it's possible baby could be (my Dad is + and my Uncle -). The injection prevents your body recognising the baby as a virus, it's more important for a second.child than a first I've heard but that may be when baby is neg and mother pos.

Hey ladies,

Brandi, really sorry you feeling so down... I wish there was something we could do for you... Hugs

Krissie LOL, I wish my boobs were smaller, I need to buy bigger tops to accommodate my boobs... My sister says that my boobs are in competition with my tummy, and my ASS is growing as well.....

We not doing any other screening tests except for the 20 week anatomy scan, where they check for defects, like a cleft pallet etc...

Aww Brandi :hugs: You've seen his true colours since, you will find a better man. You've got to kiss a few frogs until you find your Prince :)

Welcome to the newbies!! :happydance:

As for boobs, OMG. I started off a 30E, then at 12 weeks (after 4 weeks in discomfort) I finally got measured and found out I was a 32 FF and now I have to undo the back on my bra every night it's so uncomfortable and the cups are bulging, so pretty sure when I go to get measured in March again I will have gone up another back and cup size! And I've read they get EVEN bigger when the baby gets here. Sheesh!

There's no good bra shops here for big breasted ladies hence the wait til March :( Hoping it comes round soon!

Loving the bump piccies, keep em coming!

And congrats on all the :pink::pink::blue::blue:

So excited for you all. My next scan isn't until 17th Feb but I'm pretty resolved that we're staying team yellow. Curiosity might overcome me on the day though!

Welcome to all the newbies!

We had a blood test undertaken yesterday called the Nifty Plus test. It is similar to the harmony test, but is also meant to be able to detect microdeletions so we are hoping it will pick up whether or not our baby has Di George syndrome / 22Q11 micro deletion system. My blood is currently winging it's way to Hong Kong for testing. Hopefully the results will be back by the time I have my anomaly scan on 17 February and then OH can finally relax and stop worrying about the pregnancy.

Not much other news at this end. I seem to be getting very tired again. I am also bulging out of all my bras. I got measured a couple of weeks ago and had increased in size from a 32DD to a 32F. I only bought one new bra though (a treat from Rigby and Peller) and need to find somewhere cheaper to stock up on some more.

I picked up a belly band last year and have really struggled every time I use it. It just rolls up from the top and the bottom such that I spend the entire day trying to straighten it. Perhaps I am doing something wrong with it, but I do not find it comfortable at all :nope:. My maternity jeans, on the other hand, are just so comfortable. I've got over the bump and some under and find the over the bump ones much better. They give a much cleaner line under tops. I must admit, I've bought quite a lot of maternity wear so far, including lots in the sale. If I'm going to look fat, I might as well look nice!

I've had to get some maternity jeans today - the ones i have were cutting in too much when i sat down so just gave in, but think generally i'll stick with skirts and wrap around dresses.

Toothfairy - I have A- blood type, the blood type isn't the issue (A, B or O) it's the negative value. If the baby has a positive blood type and the blood mixes then you can develop anti-bodies which would cause problems in future pregnancies, the injection prevents this from happening. In the UK the anti-D is given at 28 weeks and I think after birth as well. Also, if you experience any spotting/bleeding after 12 weeks you will need the injection as a precaution.

Sunflower - yep, I had that blood test - I think it's the same as the quad blood test

Brandi - Can totally understand why you're feeling down. But, what I found after I left my long term partner a few years back was that when I missed him, I didn't actually miss 'him', I missed the feeling of loving someone and feeling loved and all the support and comfort that goes along with that...but jeezo, that man was a nightmare and it sounds like yours has been as well. I'm now with a total gem of a man and I don't know if i'd have realised quite how amazing he was if i hadn't gone out with such a nightmare! So, every cloud and it's silver lining! Your next chap will be tons better x

Afm - Mw appt yesterday and she said i have low blood pressure. I checked the notes when I got home and it's a lot lower than when I had it taken 4 weeks ago...It's better than it being high of course, but I realise why i've been feeling a little light headed and breathless now.

Yeah I got some maternity jeans from H&M at 12 weeks, as well as some leggings and black trousers. They were really cheap and really worth it. Having said that, I haven't tried belly bands, but I am just so comfortable in these trousers.

However the whole, buy clothes in the size you were originally isn't working out for me with tops. My boobs are already spilling over my maternity swimsuit which isn't ideal for aqua aerobics. They might accommodate bump growth but they deffo don't accommodate your boobies getting bigger!

And I was about to ask, is anyone else suffering with almost perpetual fatigue. Since hitting 16 weeks my energy levels have seriously dropped. I thought it might be related to the fact I had started exercising more. But I haven't so much this week and I still feel knackered!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->