July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

ooh and Bravismimo in the UK are amazing for well priced bras for bigger busts. They looked after me when I was back home and I really recommend them. Not quite the structural engineering that you get from Rigby and Pelller, but good for a short term fix which I imagine most these bras will be! Miles above all the other high street shops that haven't given me any support at all. :thumbup:

Ooh, thanks for the tip. Will try to find a Bravissimo store the next time I'm on the mainland. It was my first Rigby & Peller purchase and i nearly had a heart attack when she rang up the price for one bra and knickers. I had just been put straight into the fitting room though so didn't get to see the prices before I decided what I wanted and by then it was too late as I really liked the one I chose!

Yes, am feeling shattered. Can't seem to get myself out of bed much before 8 or 8.30 am, but that may be because I'm not getting to sleep until midnight most nights. Am starting aquafit next week. Thankfully, it's in the early evenings so hopefully I will have some energy then. Couldn't face it first thing in the morning at the moment!

I've also got quite low blood pressure (90/50 the last time it was read) and over the last few nights when I'm resting on the sofa it has felt like my heart was beating irregularly. Am not quite sure whether I'm having an overactive imagination though. May mention it when I see the midwife next week, but don't want to sound like a complete hypochondriac!

Frustrated - i've been getting intermittent heart palpitations as well - where it suddenly seems to jump a beat? I put mine down to low blood pressure - it coincides with the drop and Dr google seems to think it's related - well worth asking though, I left it out of my midwife session because i'd already rambled on enough about breathlessness and piles :blush:

Hi ladies,
I have been completely MIA since joining this group due to severe MS. At 17 weeks I'm still struggling if I'm not on meds (which I am now, than god) but wanted to pop back in to say hi!

Congrats to everyone who's had gender scans! DH and I are going tomorrow and I'm just starting to get nervous. My last scan was at 8 weeks, so I hope everything's been going ok in there!

I've been in my maternity jeans from pregnancy #1 for weeks and just brought out the maternity tops. The way I see it, the clothes cost so much I'd might as well get my monies worth! Still waiting for a nice bump, tho. It's starting...but still not enough to say "pregnant", just enough to say "lay off he French fries"!! :)

Frustrated - i've been getting intermittent heart palpitations as well - where it suddenly seems to jump a beat? I put mine down to low blood pressure - it coincides with the drop and Dr google seems to think it's related - well worth asking though, I left it out of my midwife session because i'd already rambled on enough about breathlessness and piles :blush:

This pregnancy lark is very glamourous! :)

Ah Linnypops, you also suffer from piles???

Frustrated - DF gets a nightly run-down of my number 2 situation these days. :haha: x

tymeg - Argh, yes! not that painful and fortunately internal however my toilet situation is frankly ridiculous. I hardly ever go properly but there's - this is way tmi btw! - a sort of bloody mucus because of them. Sorry girls if you're eating lunch!

Linny, I go to the loo regularly, in the 1st trimester it was bad, it came out, because I had a constant runny tummy due to the Metformin.

But now I go once a day, but I have the blood mucous, and some times it scares the Shit out of me.....

LOL

I had to have something they called the quad blood test because I was too far along for my NT measurement - is that the same thing then? It came back low risk for downs either way

Yes it is, I wasn't even offered the NT....I don't believe. lol

tymeg - Ugh, I don't understand it then - you'd think if you;re not constipated you would be spared the piles at least! it's a bit unnerving isn't it?! I hope it goes away soon, it's embarrassing! lol

I've had to get some maternity jeans today - the ones i have were cutting in too much when i sat down so just gave in, but think generally i'll stick with skirts and wrap around dresses.

Toothfairy - I have A- blood type, the blood type isn't the issue (A, B or O) it's the negative value. If the baby has a positive blood type and the blood mixes then you can develop anti-bodies which would cause problems in future pregnancies, the injection prevents this from happening. In the UK the anti-D is given at 28 weeks and I think after birth as well. Also, if you experience any spotting/bleeding after 12 weeks you will need the injection as a precaution.

Sunflower - yep, I had that blood test - I think it's the same as the quad blood test

Brandi - Can totally understand why you're feeling down. But, what I found after I left my long term partner a few years back was that when I missed him, I didn't actually miss 'him', I missed the feeling of loving someone and feeling loved and all the support and comfort that goes along with that...but jeezo, that man was a nightmare and it sounds like yours has been as well. I'm now with a total gem of a man and I don't know if i'd have realised quite how amazing he was if i hadn't gone out with such a nightmare! So, every cloud and it's silver lining! Your next chap will be tons better x

Afm - Mw appt yesterday and she said i have low blood pressure. I checked the notes when I got home and it's a lot lower than when I had it taken 4 weeks ago...It's better than it being high of course, but I realise why i've been feeling a little light headed and breathless now.

Thanks Linnypops, now that I think about it I believe he mentioned something about going in around 28 weeks.

The night wee's have started with me, never used to wake up to need the toilet haha x

Linnypops - I'm having problems going too. OH always looks kind of appalled whenever I try to tell him any details!

Frustrated :haha: - I think they should experience all the beauty of pregnancy

Krissie - lol, my freind said her husband only started to think about the issues of pregnancy when he saw his sons head burst screaming out of her ladybits (literally, his head came out and just started yelling lol)...apparently this caused quite a bit of distress :haha:

Last week I experienced 1.5 hours straight of palpitations for no apparent reason. I have had flutters/palpitations in the past but nothing noteworthy. When it happened I felt my pulse and my heart was skipping every 5th beat or so. I know dehydration and stress can cause these, but I was experiencing neither! Just sitting on the couch watching TV. I ended up giving in and calling my OB after a good 45 minutes of this and she had me do a Holter monitor (24 hour heart monitor). I see her today to discuss the results/ my 16 week appointment. I have a feeling its just another fun part of pregnancy and I'm fine, but I figured I would go along with the test.

Krissie - lol, my freind said her husband only started to think about the issues of pregnancy when he saw his sons head burst screaming out of her ladybits (literally, his head came out and just started yelling lol)...apparently this caused quite a bit of distress :haha:

Hahaha.... That was fantastic. I hope my hubby doesn't take that long. Them again his fear is I will poo during labor. So much so he asked me to do a c-section.

Evening ladies - welcome to all the newbies!

Sorry some of you are feeling rough / knackered. I have an appt at the Fetal Medicine clinic on Thursday, hopefully for a scan to check the spine, but interested to see what my BP is like because at booking it was a fair bit higher than in my last pregnancy.

My Harmony results are in! Actual figures are in the post but I have been quoted low risk and team :blue:!

Bit of a surprise as I was thinking (and hoping!) pink, but I've been so worried about whether baby is well, that gender was really put into perspective. It'll take time to get used to the idea that I'll never have the daughter I've always dreamed of (barring a lottery win!), but there's no 'gender disappointment' as such - I can't be disappointed in my much-wanted unborn baby, can I?!

So I'm feeling much more relaxed, hopefully Thursday will bring more positive signs and I can really start to believe he'll be coming home with us in July :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->