July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

Congrats Tulip!

So jealous of everyone having their baby and I'm 10days over and nada going on. LoL

So who's still overdue with me? I'm 41 weeks tomorrow, lol. Induction booked for 41+2 on Wednesday xx

I'm 41+3 today. Am booked in for an induction on Wednesday (41+6), but am trying to get this changed to Thursday (42 weeks). Had my third sweep today. There was no change from the last one. Only 1-2cm dilated and 50% effaced with soft and stretchy posterior cervix. Am at the hospital on Tuesday to have a CTG scan to check JB's heartbeat and to have a fourth sweep. If that doesn't work it looks like I will have to be induced. Not looking forward to that :-(

Tulip - Lovely photos. What a cute pair of boys!

Dang Frustrated, you and I are in same boat. Tho I think with gettingthe balloon catheter in Monday I'll deliver on Tuesday. From what I've read it can dilat e you to a 5 in several hours, all depending on your body, and by then you're in full blown labor. My mom guessed today as the day but it's 932am and I've nothing going on so I'm not holding my breath... I'll continue to plan on seeing Dr tomorrow. Why do you want induction on Thursday and not Wednesday??

Dang Frustrated, you and I are in same boat. .... Why do you want induction on Thursday and not Wednesday??

Hey Sassy,

I just want to give my body the best possible chance to either deliver the baby on its own or to prepare itself so that the induction is successful. At the moment I'm pretty low on the Bishop's Score rating (around 4-5) which means that the likelihood of an induction working is low. If induction fails or takes too long then the chances of being pushed into having a C-Section increase. That is the one thing I'm hoping to avoid. They say that to have a reasonable prospect of the induction process working you need to be above 8 on the Bishop's Scale. Here is a calculator for the Bishop's Score for anyone interested: https://www.babymed.com/bishop-score-induction-calculator

Good luck with your induction. It sounds like they do it a little differently there to here. I will get a pessary first. If that fails to trigger labour then they would look to break my waters. If I don't go into labour within about 12-24 hours of that happening then it will be onto the IV drip for the synthetic version of Oxytocin. They allow up to 48 hours for the induction process, so it may mean I don't deliver until Saturday if we start on Thursday.

Ahh ok. My doc has said nothing in regards to bishop score. Did say that induction before dilated to a 3 would be long or result in unnecessary c section. Like you I want to avoid a c section at all costs. Mid afternoon here and nothing going in regards to labor. Getting laundry done and will do floors and wipe down bathroom later. Gonna take my daughters bowling before my oldest goes back to her dads.

My bishop score was a 6 and I was dialated to a 1.5 when I went in to be induced. The doctor used a double balloon folley to induce me to a 4 before starting pitocin and I had a successful induction that lasted 8.5 hours from start of the drip to birth.

Does my bump look too high for 39 weeks?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 2
Krissie, well I hope mine goes as smoothly as yours! Did the ballooncatheter hurt and come out on its own for you?

Tooth, not at all!

Krissie, well I hope mine goes as smoothly as yours! Did the ballooncatheter hurt and come out on its own for you?

Tooth, not at all!

It didn't really hurt but it did cause a lot of pressure and cramping. They took it out after 12 hours, but I had dialated to a "stretchy" 4 cm. I would definitely do it again if I need an induction.

Violet Nichols Lewis was born 11:17pm 20/07/14, just over 9lb. Very fast, will update after some sleep but we're both well xx

Hangin' in there, tooth. An hour and a half until I join the Overdue Club, lol. Just trying to take it easy and be patient for my appointment on Tuesday. Hoping to get another sweep and get things moving.

And you?

Hangin' in there, tooth. An hour and a half until I join the Overdue Club, lol. Just trying to take it easy and be patient for my appointment on Tuesday. Hoping to get another sweep and get things moving.

And you?

Hopefully Asher makes his appearance soon, nothing going on here whatsoever I know I have time but DH is coming back home for 3 days this weekend so hoping miss Ava decides to show up lol. I also have an appointment on Tuesday.

Congratulations, SunFlower! That's great news. Looking forward to hearing about it and seeing some pictures. "Fast" sounds good to me!

Krissie - Thanks, that gives me some hope. I just have a fear that I'm going to be one of the difficult cases. OH, baby and I are meant to be heading off to HK on 16 August for 5 weeks as OH has to work there. Am dreading not being able to go due to having a C-S. That would mean OH will miss out on weeks 4-9 of baby's life and I'll be stuck alone struggling to cope. It would be a miserable time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->