July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

RLT doesn't start off labour it just makes your contractions more efficient. Worked well for me last time so I've been taking it again but ran out of pills today and it's too hot for tea!

RLT doesn't start off labour it just makes your contractions more efficient. Worked well for me last time so I've been taking it again but ran out of pills today and it's too hot for tea!

Oh ok, thanks for the info tulip :)

I will tell you that all of my rock hard belly BHs paid off-I didn't feel like I was pushing hard enough but I was-she was out in three pushes! And the RLT made my belly really hard any day I drank it. I didn't do this with my first and it was def a difference.

Had a sweep on Wednesday and it's done something at least, as had my first proper round of contractions last night, but they tailed off after a few hours :( losing decent amounts of plug this morning though so fingers crossed she's on her way out finally!!

Good luck Sunflower! I'm due to have my second sweep at lunchtime today. Can't say that I'm relishing the prospect as the first was very painful, but it's got to be better than being induced. Am just hoping these sweeps work otherwise I'm booked in to start the induction process on Tuesday :nope:

Am shattered tired as I've had two nights with barely any sleep now. Was very cramps again last night. Am not sure if it was because of the sweep (like the night before) or because of the cup of RL tea that I had shortly before going to bed.

Tulip - I drink the tea cold as well as hot. Have you tried that?

Yeah I wasn't convinced by the cold version. Might try mixing it with some lemonade...

Just had my second sweep. It was so much nicer having it done at home. Cervix was still posterior, although slighter shorter and now approx 2cm dilated so at least I'm making some progress. Am booked in for another sweep on Sunday and after discussions with the midwife have decided to postpone the induction until Thursday. That should give me the best chance of having the baby naturally and at home. Hope everyone else is keeping their spirits up.

Yay well done! And good luck Sun Flower!

Just had my first sweep at hospital, posterior and long but soft and 1 cm dilated. CMW calling me later to sort another for monday/Tuesday. I'm eager to get going as they've booked me in for induction next Saturday because the start of the following week is fully booked.

Good luck ladies! Seems we have a few stubborn Jelly Beans in here.

No signs today here either, and if he doesn't come today, this is officially my second longest pregnancy. Next appointment is on Tuesday, so if he's not here by then, I'll be getting another sweep. Not expecting anything though. I know I'm about 2.5cm to 3cm dilated and around 80% effaced. Sweeps have never worked for me and this kid is just way too damn comfy. He's not getting out for ANYTHING.

Frustrated glad to hear that maybe sweeps will work for you and you can have a home birth like you want. My Dr doesn't believe in doing the sweeps as it could mess with cord since there is no way to know where it's at. I did get more gel and an explanation of why he does things the way he does so we feel much better about how things are going and not feeling crazy anymore lol. I go Monday for balloon catheter if I don't go into labor before then. Feel like I end every sentence with that phrase these days lol. He said I hadn't dilated anymore but cervix was beginning to soften. I'm just enjoying my mom and daughters company and this lil guy will come when he's ready.

What's everyone doing this wknd?

This weekend? Hopefully evicting a baby, but otherwise going to my son's soccer game, and that's it. Youngest daughter is going with her grandma Saturday night, oldest daughter is going with her dad Saturday night and then to a theme park with him on Sunday, so it'll be just me and my son(s) this weekend.

Depends on the weather - if it's nice we will take the dog for a walk on the beach and go for a swim in the pool when we get home. I also want to dig up the potatoes that we planted back in April. Nothing like home grown potatoes, yummy! If it's bad weather then I will probably spend the weekend sorting out the rubbish that we stuck up in the loft when we moved here 18 months ago. I'm about halfway through it, but still have a fair few boxes left to go through. OH is clearly a hoarder. Who on Earth keeps cheque books from 10-15 years ago!

Am feeling very crampy after my second sweep and have been losing bits of my plug all day. Hopefully this is a good sign and the third sweep on Sunday will be the final push that I need. Would be funny if JB arrives on Monday as that is OH's 50th birthday. What better present!

Nothing too exciting going on here this weekend, just going to the state fair and stuffing my face and walking around a lot.

I had a quick question ladies, does everyone get BH contractions? Because I've never had a single one.

Sometimes I think it can be hard to distinguish between the baby moving and BH Toothfairy. There are certainly times when I'm not sure what's happening as he is so big now that when he moves my tummy can go rock hard.

Sometimes I think it can be hard to distinguish between the baby moving and BH Toothfairy. There are certainly times when I'm not sure what's happening as he is so big now that when he moves my tummy can go rock hard.

Oh okie, thank you. Yes, I feel it get hard quite a bit so ok guessing that's what it is. It's all so confusing lol

I never had even 1 single BH contraction with my first baby, apparently they're a LOT more common in second and subsequent pregnancies :) xx

Our weekend is going to be quite eventful. Going in tonight at 10pm to start our induction so she should be here sometime tomorrow! I'm both nervous and excited. Next time I post on here we should have a baby! :happydance:

Good luck to everyone else and I hope those stubborn babies all decide to come out soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->