July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

Frustrated *hugs*

Congratulations Sun Flower and welcome skinside Violet!

Sending ELVs to all those still waiting xxx

Baby Tulip had me up all night with a lot of wind bless him. The midwife had the measure of me though and set us up for co-sleeping in the early hours (despite stupid new NICE recommendations making it against the rules) and he slept for a straight 2.5 hours. I think I might have to fetch my own toast this morning now all my lines are out and I can move. This is totally an excuse to stick him in the sling, right?

Hello ladies, sorry I've been AWOL, little Roo has been taking up all my time. When I'm not busy with her I'm trying to keep my life on track. I'm off proper work for about 40 weeks but my crafting business is not closed down so I have orders waiting on being done when she's sleeping.
Congratulations to those who have had their little ones and I hope the others are here soon.

We have a name! Still undecided on the middle one, but he is definitely a Rowan :cloud9:

Heehee! It was my first (and only) choice all along but didn't want to risk hubby hating it til he'd seen him!

Congrats on all the new arrivals!!

So happy you have a name tulip, it is a lovely choice.

Well ladies the insertion of the Foley catheter wasn't so bad. He said I was still a 1but could feel babys head finally. He also put more gel on my cervix afterwards. I've been having contractions since bout 7am but nothing consistent . He said average time til labor is 12hrs so we shall see, all depends on my body like anything else with this stuff. So now I'm just trying to occupy my time and mind so I don't go anymore crazy waiting on this lil guy to,come.

Sassy - Good luck! I will be thinking of you. Are you at home or do you have to stay in the hospital? We've got to stay in the hospital for the entirety of the induction process here, even for the pessary.

Tulip - Lovely name! Good luck with finding a middle name. I've been trying to persuade OH we should have three names, but he is not so hot on my third choice!

Frustrated, I was sent home. He even had me schedule appt for Wednesday morning should I not go to l&d before then. I imagine I'll go in the wee hours at this rate. My contractions are all over but they are pretty tense. I'm just relaxing on the couch trying to occupy my time/mind while timing them. Thank heaven for smart phones with apps to time them!

Urrr had a sweep yesterday and same as sassy contractions are tense but all over the place atm! Praying this is it 3am in the morning atm knackered. Good luck sassy x

Asher is on his way! Had a scary start. Home birth is out of the picture. Will update when we are home

Wow, three potentially on the way!

Sassy - that's lucky to be allowed to go home. Not only do we have to stay in the hospital, I think we have to stay on the maternity ward so they can keep an eye on us. It's going to be so boring and uncomfortable!

IsaacRalph - Good luck, I hope that is it for you.

Brandi - Good luck! I hope that everything is ok with you and Asher.

IR, Sass and Brandi, good luck girls! Hope some of your labour dust rubs off on Frustrated :kiss:

We made it through our first night at home, milk is in this morning and Rowan was just STARING at my boob as if to say "WTF do you expect me to do with THAT?" :rofl:

I'm grabbing a quick bath while he has some skin time with daddy before mw comes.

According to discharge notes my tear was a 3b rather than 3a - he just had to go one better than his brother :dohh:

Asher arrived traumatically by emergency csection at 1:45am July 22. He had a prolapsed cord. We almost lost him. He weighed 8lbs 10oz. We will be in hospital for a few days

Thank goodness he is ok Brandi! I hope you don't have to stay too long in hospital and that you're not in too much discomfort after the C-Section. What a good weight! Looking forward to seeing pics at some point.

AFM, just back from my CTG check and FOURTH(!!) sweep. Am now up to 3cm dilated, at -1 station, mid position cervix, which is soft/medium. That puts me at 7 on the Bishop's Score so am feeling a better about having to be induced. Am booked in for 8am Thursday morning, but have bought some castor oil… Just about to give it a go.

So much going on in here! yay Brandi glad Asher made his appearance and is OK, hope you are doing well do post pics when you have a chance.

Good luck to everyone else as well, have my appointment in an hour but pretty sure nothing is going on, so not expecting much out of today's appointment.

Bloody hell Brandi, thank god you're both ok xxx

Hope the sweep has done the trick this time Frustrated xxx

My friend has my laptop. As soon as I have it in my possession, I'll update with the birth story, but if you are sensitive, I suggest skipping over it. It is very graphic and traumatic. The outcome could have been much worse

Congratulations brandi glad is all ok with little man sounds like you've both been through it!
Well Edward is also here he came on the 22nd July born in the water all natural apart from gas and air and a lot effort! No tears all well home within 4 hrs after he was born. 8hr labour with 1hr of pushing. Weighing 6lb 5.5oz. Pic to follow xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->