July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

Ella Grace made her entrance to the world on 22nd July via ELCS and weighed a chunky 9lbs! We are absolutely in love and she has been a total angel since we came home from hospital!

Breastfeeding started off really well but she seems to be losing interest today and has only fed for 5-10 mins at a time. The midwife said she has a little jaundice and the heat here has been unbearable so she seems to just want to sleep! Hoping to see midwife again tomorrow to check her over and double check she is latching correctly etc!

Congratulations to all the July Jelly Beans and wishing lots of luck to those yet to arrive!

X

Congrats to all the ladies who've had their babies! We are home and I'm sooo glad. Our first night wasn't so bad. He's finally had a bowel movement, it had been almost 2 days. He still has trouble latching, not sure if it's my nipples or he's lazy. I've been using a shield all day but would like to stop soon. Still don't think my milk has come in as I haven't had any signs of it like last time.....tho I wonder if having implants will make it all different. I did pump earlier but only managed an ounce from each after 20 mins ... I so hope things will improve with breastfeeding.

Shame Sassy, I feel for you.

I have too much milk again, poor Teagan gets a face full every time I feed, nurse told me to express before feeding her, because she is becoming colic because she is drinking to fast making air bubbles in her tummy.

She wont stop drinking though, my nipples are raw and sore, have been putting on nipple cream.

She wakes up now 4 times a night, I feel like a complete zombie,

This working from home, being a housewife, looking after 2 dogs and a baby is really hard work, but I am enjoying it to the fullest.

I wish that I had some help sometimes, and feel a bit jealous of the other ladies, who have their mothers, helping them etc.

On the bright side, Teagan will be a month tomorrow.... It has gone to quick... :)

Congrats to all the ladies who've had their babies! We are home and I'm sooo glad. Our first night wasn't so bad. He's finally had a bowel movement, it had been almost 2 days. He still has trouble latching, not sure if it's my nipples or he's lazy. I've been using a shield all day but would like to stop soon. Still don't think my milk has come in as I haven't had any signs of it like last time.....tho I wonder if having implants will make it all different. I did pump earlier but only managed an ounce from each after 20 mins ... I so hope things will improve with breastfeeding.

Sassy, I have implants as well and had no signs of my milk coming in. It finally came in the day before yesterday, so it took about 3 days after she was born for it to come in. I felt like I was starving her those first few days since I was just producing small amounts of colostrum so we've been supplementing with formula. But now I have a good amount of milk that I pump everyday. So just be patient and I'm sure it'll come in any time now. From what every doctor I've had has told me, implants shouldn't affect breastfeeding or milk production at all.

Sassy :hugs: We've had no weight gain in 48hrs but 80g in the previous 48hrs, so no idea what's going on here but somehow linked to his reflux. Next check Tuesday and if no gain then we'll be more likely to get ranitidine (zantac) from the doc.

Here's the Parenting thread, ladies

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...ing-july-jelly-beans-2014-a.html#post33332481

Here's the Parenting thread, ladies

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...ing-july-jelly-beans-2014-a.html#post33332481

Thanks for making this Brandi! Hopefully my princess makes her appearance, based on ovulation I am officially over due but based on docs EDD is the 30th so hoping she makes her appearance soon!! Hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks Brandi, last week the doc he said the way things look she should be here by next week( this week) hoping it's true. I didn't ask him how much I was effaced but was 2 cm dilated.

Thanks Brandi, last week the doc he said the way things look she should be here by next week( this week) hoping it's true. I didn't ask him how much I was effaced but was 2 cm dilated.i feel she is still high and doc said she hasn't engaged either.

Thanks Brandi, last week the doc he said the way things look she should be here by next week( this week) hoping it's true. I didn't ask him how much I was effaced but was 2 cm dilated.i feel she is still high and doc said she hasn't engaged either.

Quick question ladies...how much blood and for how long did you bleed after you gave birth? I'm soaking through a super absorbent pad about every 3 hours or so and it's been six days. It has lightened a little since her birth but not much over the past few days. I'm also on iron pills my doctor put me on for the next three weeks since I apparently lost quite a bit of blood during delivery but my doctor briefly mentioned it and didn't seem concerned about it at all. Is this normal? :shrug:

Ladies, quick question. I am having random pain that comes and goes in my lower belly and butt and my right leg I couldn't walk. Could this be a sign of labor or should I wait it out?

Michelle my bleeding was unusual and virtually nonexistent. I was able to wear a panty liner starting around 3 days pp. It was really strange but the doctor's nurse said it can happen.

I would recommend calling your doctor just to see what they want. I was told soaking a pad in an hour, but better to be safe.

Good luck tooth I hope this is the early stages for you!

Tooth-I would wait until they become more intense and start to take your breath away! Towards the end I was having lots of bh which were uncomfortable but with labour pains it was much much stronger and painful! Hope this is it for you hun sounds promising!

Michelle- I'm 6 days pp also and I'm still bleeding quite a bit especially when nursing! Are you nursing? Changing pad every 3 hours sounds ok but it won't hurt to ask for advice. Mine isn't constant either it stops and starts. Down to just normal regular pads now.

Congratulations leash!
Brandi- hope you and asher are doing well

Michelle- I'm 6 days pp also and I'm still bleeding quite a bit especially when nursing! Are you nursing? Changing pad every 3 hours sounds ok but it won't hurt to ask for advice. Mine isn't constant either it stops and starts. Down to just normal regular pads now.

l

I noticed mine mostly leaks when I'm moving around a lot or using the bathroom. And yes, I am pumping my milk. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one because nobody ever mentioned to me how much bleeding happens afterwards...I'm new to all of this lol. :dohh:

Mine Has eased off a bit now but I'd say soaking a pad in 3 hours is probably about right? Mine also happens more when I move around, or get up from sitting for long periods. Xx

Thanks ladies, I decided to hold off and now they went away :( have an appointment on Wednesday so well see what the doc says!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->