July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Is anyone on progesterone injections?

I was on them during my last 2 pregnancies, and have decided to go on them again this pregnancy. I would hate myself if I had another premature baby because I chose not to go with them again (I was originally leaning towards not doing them this time, but after reading more into it I changed my mind). I'm waiting for my Midwife to call me with my blood results, then we're going to make an appointment with an OB so he can prescribe me them. I am not looking forward to being poked in the hip every week again. :lol:

I have had two cold sandwiches so far I couldn't risk and I felt guilt too! My mom said with all four of us she eat them everyday! I try not to but so tempting!

What is everyone's opinion on deli meat? I have had a total of 3 turkey sandwiches so far and feel so guilty. I didn't really eat it with my other kids. I'm just craving it bad this time.

So glad you asked this! I had a roast beef sandwich at Christmas and felt so guilty.....but it tasted so good. I make sure to get the deli meat from the actual deli and not the Oscar Meyer refrigerator stuff. My future SIL works at a grocery store and said that the actual deli meat is kept to a higher standard than the prepackaged stuff.

I was on them during my last 2 pregnancies, and have decided to go on them again this pregnancy. I would hate myself if I had another premature baby because I chose not to go with them again (I was originally leaning towards not doing them this time, but after reading more into it I changed my mind). I'm waiting for my Midwife to call me with my blood results, then we're going to make an appointment with an OB so he can prescribe me them. I am not looking forward to being poked in the hip every week again. :lol:

I was on the vaginal suppository, not the injections. Do you naturally have low progesterone after the placenta takes over?

I heard the actual meats from the deli are the ones you need to worry about?

I'm on progesterone suppositories until 34 weeks Hun.

What is everyone's opinion on deli meat? I have had a total of 3 turkey sandwiches so far and feel so guilty. I didn't really eat it with my other kids. I'm just craving it bad this time.

So glad you asked this! I had a roast beef sandwich at Christmas and felt so guilty.....but it tasted so good. I make sure to get the deli meat from the actual deli and not the Oscar Meyer refrigerator stuff. My future SIL works at a grocery store and said that the actual deli meat is kept to a higher standard than the prepackaged stuff.

I was on the vaginal suppository, not the injections. Do you naturally have low progesterone after the placenta takes over?

No, my progesterone levels are actually fine (my Midwife just called me with the resultas!). The injections are just given as a precaution, and since my last pregnancy was carried to term on them, we're hopeful this one will too.

So you don't need the injections?

I went ahead and submitted my leave request. They can't hold my position as they need someone in the classroom, but I am first runner up for any positions that open up next year if I choose to apply. I just wrote a letter to the parents explaining what was going on. What do you think?

Dear Parents,
It has been such a pleasure teaching your child this year. I have truly enjoyed every minute of our time together, and am so proud of all that they have accomplished this year.
I just wanted to take a moment to share some news that is happening in my personal life. My husband and I are excited to announce that we are expecting our first child in July. This pregnancy has not been easy on me, and as such I have decided to go on leave starting Monday, January 26th.
The para assigned to take over my position is not known at this point, but school administration and the district are working very hard to find a permanent substitute. I plan to visit the classroom periodically throughout the remainder of the school year, to see how everyone is doing.
It has been a great pleasure getting to know your child these past several months and I am confident they will make a smooth transition.

I don't know, but they've been shown to reduce the risk of premature labor. My oldest was born at 29 weeks, and my second and third were born at 35 weeks and 38.6 weeks while on the progesterone injections, so they might have helped me carry longer.

Hi ladies!

Sorry, I am rubbish at keeping up with this thread :haha: Now the nausea has calmed down I forget I am pregnant half the time.

Hope everyone is well, I have my NT scan on Monday. Another scan that poor OH has to miss, but we will probably be booking in a private scan at some point so he will be able to see baby then.

This thread moves so fast...it's hard for me to keep up! I had an early gender scan on Monday and found out that we are expecting a baby girl! We are so excited, and I can't wait to start planning.

Hope you all are doing well!:flower:

I am, I just started getting them this past Saturday so tomorrow will be injection 2. I've never been on them before but after DD was preemie they think it would be best. How were side effects the last time you had them? The main thing I notice are SUPER tender breasts, they were tender before but now it's like don't even breathe on them let alone touch at all lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->