July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

My employer gives 12 weeks of full pay maternity leave and then you can take an additonal 4 weeks at 60% pay. I dont know if I will take the extra 4 weeks because as a single mom of 2 a 40% pay cut will hit me hard. They also make you use all of your vacation time before maternity will kick in, but believe it or not I've already used all 4 weeks of my vaca time and 40 hours of my sick time from having to leave or call off for being sick :cry:

12 weeks of,full pay??? I don't get any pay!! I have to use PTO if I want any of it paid for ... U got it good girl!:thumbup:

My sister is a branch manager for chase ( u work there too right ?) and she has so much vacation and great benefits and pay! So jealous

Yes I love my job :cloud9: they are so willing to help you out in all sorts of ways. The benefits here are great, most employers in the US wont give any pay for maternity before a year so I was happy when they gave me 60% with DD.

Im sad that I have had to use all my vaca time for the year but with that same breath im so happy that whenever I dont feel well I can call out or leave early and not have any sort of penalty against me and even not lose out on pay.

Thats horrible though about your maternity leave. How long do you think youll be able to take?

I don't get any maternity leave either if I go back. They forced me into a leave at 13 weeks and since I'm due before school gets back I don't have any leave then either.

I only get 2 or 3 days of paid maternity leave and the rest I have to take paid time off. Luckily I've been at my job almost 10 years and have a ton of time saved up, so I can take 4 months of fully paid sick leave and still have plenty of time left when I get back. I will probably work til the end if I can so I can spend all my time off with the baby.

Khatif- the doctor wouldn't give me anything until results come back tomorrow, I'll ring the doctor and find out, they don't like to give out antibiotics unless needed.

Dan-o- I'm still getting pains and feeling uncomfortable but no more bleeding which is good!

MKhewson- congrats on team blue! :)

LIB- hope your second opinion goes well!

Sorry if I've missed anyone out my brain just doesn't hold information anymore:dohh:

Afm- went back to work today and my personnel manager has put me on very light duties, we also discussed my maternity leave and all is booked :) I have to use up my holiday entitlement before my maternity leave so I'll be on holiday from the 30th April to the 12th June and then the 13th of June I'll officially be on maternity leave :) so I Have 6 weeks left of work!!

I'm a bit scared of getting bored if I'm honest but don't want to lose my holiday entitlement! Any one else looked into maternity leave yet?

wow thats a nice break!!!! here in canada all women are entitled to 52 weeks leave (a year) at 60% pay with Employment insurance- full pay if your employer is super nice and will top up from the 60%- for me mine isnt but i still get paid something, DH will have to help me out :p i'm starting vacation Mid june so i'll have a monthish before baby comes :) last time with Emma i worked until 2 days before i had her, it was way too hard so i wont be doing it again

For those in the US who don't get paid time off for maternity leave, does your employer allow you to claim disability? I know at my job if you don't have sick or vacation time to use then they let you take 6 weeks of disability at 60%. Not sure if that's just in Califotnia though.

My job gives 12 weeks unpaid under FMLA, which runs concurrent with short term disability for 6 weeks at 60%. However, I am debating whether or not to become a stay-at-home mom (daycare is ridiculously expensive and would cost me ~82% of my take home pay), so I probably won't take advantage of it.

Finally made it to Nordstrom and got a new bra! I'm a 34G crazy!!

Gosh it sounds a minefield with mat leave! I don't get any as I'm im a SAHM now. I have a little business from home which provides us with some shopping money, but I can continue it all the time so it's no worries. Hoping to be able to expand to a little mobile sideline as well, probably not until this LO starts preschool tho :)

Babyv, bet you are much more comfy now, it's crazy isn't it!? I look like I've had implants loll:haha:
I'm a full 36F now. My 34DD bras were a bit loose back in October!

Hi ladies sorry I haven't been on recently, been so tired and busy! I'm 24 weeks today, that's gone so fast!

It's vday for me too :) yay! It really is a milestone as being the mom to a preemie before I feel a lot safer now.

I can not imagine not being supported by your government to stay home with your new babies. I am taking off two weeks then my one year mat leave. Then i take the 6 weeks vacation i accrue while on leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->