July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Wow, Good for you Tasha- That is so amazing. I cannot believe the other Hospital did not apologize. initially. That is horrible - And I am so glad you fought to help change their ways to prevent others from possibly going through the same mistakes! You are amazing! :)

Quick question, I have my standard 28 week glucose test tomorrow. There are no notes to fast so I don't have to? Can I have a standard breakfast then drink the lucozade? I normally get up at 6:15 so can eat breakfast by 7 and then drink the glucose at about 9?

Blood draw at 10. Does that work? I have the day unit for monitoring tomorrow and they want to see me at 10:30....

My nurse told me to eat just nothing sweet or that turns into sugar! I eat oatmeal with banana for breakfast, and cheese sandwich for lunch.

Thank you babyvaughan and babygirl.

Timeforababy, I've no clue as mine is a fasting one.

I didn't have to fast for the first test....but I did fail :)

Delivery will be at 32.5 weeks, around May 22.
I'm not prepared but want to be home so now I want it to go by fast

oh crap i have a midwife appt tomorrow and she didnt say i was going to have a glucose test... should i expect that i will have to? darn i should have asked!

My glucose test is on Thursday. I called and the phone nurse said that they will give me the drink pre-appointment and then take my blood after an hour. She didn't say anything about foods to avoid or fasting or anything like that. If I pass that great....if not I go for the two hour test. A different nurse said if you throw up you have to go for the two hour test so try not to puke lol.

I'm getting stuff done around the house! Got all the baby clothes we have separated out and the newborn/0-3 month stuff ready for wash. I also put the 3-6, 6-9 and 12 month clothes in freezer bags (there wasn't much) to keep them separated and ready for when we need them. I still have quite a bit to do in the baby department, but hopefully we have time. I also just finished filming my 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 and 24 week bumpdates for youtube. I was able to film every week but had to halt because we hadn't told everyone what we were having yet and I kept slipping.

You don't have to do any fasting for the 1 hour glucose test, you can eat whatever you like. As long as your blood sugar levels are normal the food that you eat as well as the drink will not make your sugars go all over the place. If you don't pass you have to the take the 2 hour which requires fasting because it is a more accurate way to see how much your sugar levels react to the drink, since there are no other factors involved!

Tasha- you are one strong women and mama! I'm so glad things are really going well for you and I can't wait for you to meet your wee one! You truly deserve it.

On the weight gain situation I've put on 20lbs already but I'm pretty my pound for pound where I was last time.. I just look way more pregnant.. not super worried about it. My doctor usually tells me she's happy.

During my last pregnancy my Doctor made me fast for the 1 hour glucose test. This time I had a simple blood test with my Midwife and did not have to fast.

Ladies what do you all think of the boys name jesse.. my oh is like 100 percent sold on it, and I still keep questioning it for some reason.. just wanna know what you all have to say about it.. seem to be some fantastic names here. Ds is Isaac

I like the name Jesse as that's what people call me on occasion (Jessica is my full first name). Personally for a boy I have known some Jesse's and they didn't care for their name so much because of the association with it being a derivative of a female dominant name. But if that's what you guys choose I love it!

I know a few of us are friends on facebook and have already seen this photo but I wanted to share weeks 4-23 in bump picture format before taking my 24 week photo tomorrow. I found this head little online app that I was able to upload the pics to. You can really tell when little man had growth spurts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 16
I like Jesse too.

I understand your feelings. Our baby girl will be named Kathryn. I am fully sold on the name, but somehow I still am questioning myself and doubt if this is the good one, while I feel that is her name, or not?

AFM. I am bit down again. A friend of mine got her baby is December. She was born 31 weeks, after weeks of struggle. The doctors expected her miscarry the baby, since she had no fluid around her and the baby's weight was low, however the baby stayed alive. Since the birth, they are still in hospital and the child still needs medical support to eat (via tube) and breath, she is getting sick all the time.
Yesterday, they hear that the little one is deaf and has some other genetic problems ( I don't want to write it down so I am not getting anyone scared) and her adrenal gland is not function well. There is no chance that she ever will have a normal life. They aren't even sure if they ever can take her home.
I am still in shock after all this. I feel bad for her and the baby girl, for her family. I am a bit scared and worried about my baby now. And I feel useless and powerless to help her...

Thanks girls.

Jesse is a lovely name. I'm having doubts on our boy name too, I think it's to be expected as a name is such a huge decision.

Jrepp your bump is beautiful.

Khatif, my friends little one was born in a similar situation, has similar problems and does not have a normal life, however every time I go and see him, every photo she sends me, he is smiling. Life doesn't have to be normal to be happy and to me that's the most important thing we can be!

:hugs: khatif. That is such difficult news for a family to have to face.

Love the name Jesse!

I'm at work (shhhh!) so will read back later. But I popped in to do my double digit dance :wohoo: but I'm a bit confused. Ticker says 99 days, but I'm 26 weeks tomorrow - so only 14 weeks left - and that's 84 days. Am I being thick??? :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->