July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Welcome Kate! How lovely to be having baby number 6!! Wow!

Medzi, my little girl had an upper lip tie which doctors didn't discover. We bf for 9 weeks but she lost considerable amounts of weight and in the end both she and I were miserable. I dried up because she wouldn't feed enough and didn't have any support from professionals. After she went on formula is when I noticed the tie but she didn't get it cut until 6 months. I'm hoping this time will be a lot easier but I worry that maybe i don't get a good supply? I did pump with my duaghter but only used to get 1-2oz after pumping for ages so it does scare me xx

There are a lot of ways of increasing your milk supply. I took fenugreek pills and that helped me out a lot when I needed to pump milk. Also following a certain diet can increase your milk supply too. I know oatmeal helps a lot. I heard that drinking a beer increases milk production as wel.

Yeah, I tried all the herbs, beer, was on domperidone, pumped every 3 hours, still latched, warm compresses, hand expression, meeting and meetings... You name it. After almost 3 months my doctor told me I needed to stop bc I had gotten really depressed about it. A lot of guilt :( we think my breast reduction may be to blame. But apparently 5 years post op you can have better luck and with his baby ill be past that point.

I'm going to try my hardest again! Open to more ideas or anything that may help this time around!!

Cute bumps ladies! My little guy is so active these I love it! Today we are going to attempt to take some maternity pictures together with our tripoid if they turn out I'll share some lol. Thinking about going shopping for my baby shower outfit today can't believe its just two weeks away!

Hi ladies can I join the party? I am Kate, I'm due July 6th with baby number 6. It's a boy, he will be our second son. My son is my oldest so he's happy to have a baby brother after 4 younger sisters!!

Welcome! That's so awesome!! Do you plan to have more after this? This is number 4 for me.. Probably my last.. But makes me sad. Not sure I want to ever stop! Ha!

Here is my near 26w bump :) a very quiet bump, I may add!!! This baby is the quietest out of all 4!

Attachments

• Collage 2015-04-18 08_19_47.jpg
    Collage 2015-04-18 08_19_47.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 7
Welcome kate :)

Cute bumps ladies!

Gorgeous cot dan-o

To the ladies talking about bf - I didn't get much leaking with my first and had a massive oversupply when dd arrived. So much so I had to stop bf at 6 weeks because she was nipping to stem the flow :shock: ouch!

Medzi - you tried so very hard at bf. You are amazing for doing all of that & you did your best :hugs:

Afm - horrible day (sorry if I missed anyone but have only retained a portion of what I've read). Felt ill yesterday so left work early - have a headache, sore throat, slight temp, slightly nauseous & a cough :( Woke up this morning to a toilet bowl full of blood & reduced fetal movement. Spent the morning at the delivery suite getting checked out. Looks like I've got cervical abrasions which caused the bleed but my platelet count has also dropped from 80 on Monday to 40 today - probably prolonged the bleed & it's not a good sign. On the bright side, baby seems just fine & was kicking away - we could hear it but I couldn't feel it so I'm assuming bubs has changed position. I'm hoping the platelet drop is due to just fighting off an illness - back in on Monday for my gtt & another full blood count before they decide whether to put me on medication :cry: Just feel so rough & hubby had to go to work at lunch time so I'm trying to keep dd entertained, keep food down & stay hydrated. Hope this bug goes away soon :( :(

Oh K4th!! That is so scary. :hugs: I'm happy baby seems OK but I'm sad you feel so bad. I hope all gets better soon. So hard to rest alone with a child too.

Thanks for your kind words about bf. After 2 years it is still a touchy subject for me and I still cry about it even though I know I did all I could. I hope it goes better this time around.

Dan-o- I think this will be our last too, so has been a little spoilt too..why not :)

Baby dreams- my DD had upper lip and tongue tie so I feel your pain with the breastfeeding we managed 3 weeks the pain and stress got too much and the health visitor advised to formula feeding, so well done for doing 9weeks!

Afm- no more leaking today thank god, but having terrible pulling and stretching pains across my scar that leave me crippled at times so painful! I set up the mosesc basket today :) feels a bit surreal after trying so long to get pregnant.

K4th how awful, hope it stops now. Are you having a scan?

Medzi sounds like quite a struggle, you put in some serious work! I didn't even realise you could feed at all after any breast surgery! The human body is amazing. Good luck for this time, hopefully everything has reconnected up now it's been a while :flower:

We also had a tongue tie, with ds1. Went right to the end of his tongue and not one person noticed it. I did, as it made his tongue a funny shape and he couldn't poke it out at all. After much moaning, and lots of phone calls, I managed to get the 'secret referral' to a local midwife qualified to snip them here. She literally just wrapped him in a towel, waited for him to open his mouth and snipped it with scissors!
They keep it very hush hush as the nearest other person is 150 miles away and they don't want to be inundated :dohh: The difference was almsot immediate and he fed until an extended nursing strike just before he turned a year old. It's still completely untied now, he can point his tongue properly and its lost its forked shape now he's older.

Ds2 had an upper lip tie, but being my second it didn't cause too much of an issue and stretched before long. His tongue wasn't tied at a all, makes such a differnece. The lip tie hasn't affected his front teeth, so wont need anything doing now.

Wonder what this one will have? I'll be having him checked throughly before leaving our local hospital this time, as that's where the tongue tie lady is based!

No scan dan-o. Back for more bloods tomorrow & then consultant on weds. Maybe get a scan then. Feel worse today but baby kicking loads.

Oh gosh how scarey :hugs: so they think its deffo cervical? Hope you are able to take it easy xx

Oh gosh how scarey :hugs: so they think its deffo cervical? Hope you are able to take it easy xx

Yeah the dr took a look & said he could see the bleed on the outside of the cervix and it was still active at that point. Cervix closed tightly. Not planning on doing anything today - just being a couch potato with disney DVDs back to back.

I'm pretty sure I'd feel much better if I could just chop my head off!

That's scary K4th but glad it's nothing to do with baby.

I had Doh moment yesterday. After running around all day and then taking my DD to a bday party I got home and could not for the life of me remember the last time I felt baby move. So I drank some juice and laid on my left side and still nothing. So me being paranoid as I am I went straight to L&D and as soon as they hooked me to monitor he started kicking away. Made me look silly but at least he's ok. :)

27 weeks today! I can't believe I'm in the third trimester already, my favourite trimester!

Attachments

• 20150418_130756.jpg
    20150418_130756.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 10
Hope you are ok K4th, enjoy putting your feet up and watching Disney dvds.

Lovely pic poppy!! Happy 3rd tri!

I forget when baby moves, if I'm busy too, rose!
Glad all was well on the CTG, never a dull
Moment in this group is there? :haha:

I keep getting prickly heat on my legs and belly, the itch is driving me bonkers!
I'm going to get some more coconut oil tomorrow and only use that to moisturise from now on, think it was the sunscreen I put on which kicked it off, my skins gone nuts lol!

I'm getting super itchy, prickly skin lately too :( Belly and boobs for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->