July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

aww jrepp.. I'm sorry :( that sucks :( it's still technically early and time for baby to turn. I think 30-32 weeks is when baby SHOULD start to settle and there isn't "true" concern until 36 weeks. BUT- my baby is still head up and it's scaring ME so I understand totally how you feel! I know it's even worse for you with the epidural bit. :( fx'd baby cooperates! I agree on the spinningbabies.com website! I've heard lots of great things about it! I've also heard chiropractors can also help!

Had a pretty big scare at the OB today. My fundal height was measuring 25.5cm rather than 29 cm or close too, so they sent me off for a quick scan to make sure the little guy was ok and growing properly. There was good news and bad news with the scan. The good news is that little man is actually measuring a few days ahead and weighs in at 3.5 pounds already. He's right on track to be an 8 pound baby. The bad news is that he has found himself jammed into a pretty tight spot and is laying transverse still. They said the position he is in is going to make it difficult for him to flip head down.

I also spoke with the anesthesiologist who confirmed what I already knew. I will not be able to get an epidural contrary to what the other OB thought. Because of the location of my spina bifida and the fracture on my back they can not safely go in and effectively numb the right areas....that alone is risky but the bleeding disorder that I have makes an epidural way too dangerous and "no doctor would ever take that risk". So in the event I do need a c-section (which might be very likely if little man doesn't flip in the next week or so) I will have to go under general anesthesia and miss out on the birth.

Wow Jrepp - That is pretty crazy :( I am glad baby is on track and looks healthy! I am so sorry that he is stuck and hopefully he will flip around , are they going to try to turn him as it gets closer to your due date?

I don't think so, but I won't know until my next appointment in 2 weeks. I do have another scan scheduled for next week so maybe he will be head down at 30.

aww jrepp.. I'm sorry :( that sucks :( it's still technically early and time for baby to turn. I think 30-32 weeks is when baby SHOULD start to settle and there isn't "true" concern until 36 weeks. BUT- my baby is still head up and it's scaring ME so I understand totally how you feel! I know it's even worse for you with the epidural bit. :( fx'd baby cooperates! I agree on the spinningbabies.com website! I've heard lots of great things about it! I've also heard chiropractors can also help!

I've heard about spinning babies, and there is another one milescircuit.com that is supposed to be good too. I just don't know whether any of that stuff is safe or would put us in harms way.

The spinning babies is definitely reputable. I've known women the last few years on here where it has helped. I'm not familiar with the other website.. I'll have to look! Let's just hope babies head south and stay that way! :)

Our little ones room is starting to take shape! :happydance:

Attachments

• 2015-05-14_09.13.26.jpg
    2015-05-14_09.13.26.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 22
Jrepp I hope baby turns, I had an epidural fail before so I'm worried of that happening and having to miss the birth because I'm having a C-section so I feel you there, but I hope so much that baby is able to turn and you can go forward as you planned!

Lumi- Room looks so cute, I can't wait to set up our stuff trying my hardest to wait til I hit 34 weeks lol I keep dragging everything out starring at it then putting it back in the closet because I know I still have 3 weeks to go!

Had a pretty big scare at the OB today. My fundal height was measuring 25.5cm rather than 29 cm or close too, so they sent me off for a quick scan to make sure the little guy was ok and growing properly. There was good news and bad news with the scan. The good news is that little man is actually measuring a few days ahead and weighs in at 3.5 pounds already. He's right on track to be an 8 pound baby. The bad news is that he has found himself jammed into a pretty tight spot and is laying transverse still. They said the position he is in is going to make it difficult for him to flip head down.

I also spoke with the anesthesiologist who confirmed what I already knew. I will not be able to get an epidural contrary to what the other OB thought. Because of the location of my spina bifida and the fracture on my back they can not safely go in and effectively numb the right areas....that alone is risky but the bleeding disorder that I have makes an epidural way too dangerous and "no doctor would ever take that risk". So in the event I do need a c-section (which might be very likely if little man doesn't flip in the next week or so) I will have to go under general anesthesia and miss out on the birth.

I am sorry for the bad news. You still have time so I hope your baby will manage to change position somehow even if he looks a bit "stuck" now. The thing about the pain relief option is really sucky. I can understand if you do not feel good about it.
But happy to know that baby is on the good size and growing as expected.

Aww Jrepp I hope he turns!

Anyone else been SUPER emotional lately? Hubby and I have been arguing every day and I've been crying EVERY day! This is not normal. I think I'm extra hormonal and moody. :(

Oh, yes. SUPER emotional. I cry almost on everything and I am very easy to pick up fight with everybody.

Our little ones room is starting to take shape! :happydance:

Beautiful room!

After having two days without feeling the baby enough. I called the midwife. I have to go today to see what is going on. Her movements are clearly decreased. I am very concerned.

Jrepp sorry your baby is being naughty! Mine was also transverse at my 30w appt a week ago, but has been mostly head down but oblique since. My fundal height was 30 though, strange!
He does try to get his head out over my hip sometimes, it's kinda painful when he does that!!!
I've started doing inversions, they worked for my last baby, he was nicely head down by 38w. Fingers crossed anyway. I've been told the csection scar is usually only vertical internally, for a transverse baby, and they do a bikini line cut externally, so it's not too bad :hugs: sorry about the epi problem, hope you can avoid a csection all together somehow x

Jrepp- glad to hear baby's growing well, there's still loads of time for baby and hopefully for your sake he does. My little one has been transverse all along and even now I know his in the same position. My placenta is stopping him from moving down.

Srrme- I had horrible headache couple weeks ago, it was to do with my blood pressure.

Lumi- lovely room!

Khatif- I hope everything's ok with baby!

Afm- I feel so tired lately, but when i go to bed I can't sleep it's so annoying! Anyone else?

Kahtif, hope everything is ok and it's just positional. Always best to get checked for sure, keep us updated xx

Sammy have you got placenta praevia? My head is like a sieve recently :dohh: Definitely been more tired, I would fall asleep during the day given half the chance :haha:

Has anyone else had a mild headache ALL day this late in the pregnancy? I've had one since I woke up and it's driving me nuts. It's not too bad, but it's annoying. I had similar headaches early on in this pregnancy...

I've had that the last few days. I presumed it was the blood pressure but it seems to be ok and didn't have the vision issue so didn't go in.

I had the worst leg cramps last night. It started out in my right leg and moved to my left leg :cry:

But we are visiting nurseries and child-minders today to pick one for baby! How weird and scary. But very thankful we get 6 months here and not 6 weeks.

I've heard about spinning babies, and there is another one milescircuit.com that is supposed to be good too. I just don't know whether any of that stuff is safe or would put us in harms way.

Spinning babies has a lot of good stuff. My antenatal classes (and midwife) recommend lots of exercise (being in a forward and upright position) will help baby to turn.

Sitting on a birthing ball instead of a sofa, eating at the dining table etc etc.

Can you have other pain relief? (pethidine or other shots?)

If I need pain relief during labor she said they can do a PAC line with a button I can push to administer narcotic pain meds but she needs to do some research as to what I can have as I'm allergic to Valium and demoral and some of the others aren't safe with my blood disorder......I didn't realize how big of an ordeal labor and delivery were actually going to be.

Kahtif, hope everything is ok and it's just positional. Always best to get checked for sure, keep us updated xx

Sammy have you got placenta praevia? My head is like a sieve recently :dohh: Definitely been more tired, I would fall asleep during the day given half the chance :haha:

Yeah it was discovered when I had a scan at 27 weeks, previous to that they said it was high and anterior. But where my placenta is really low he wouldn't be able to move down. I've got another scan on the 26th to see if it's moved it needs to move by 3.5cm to not cause any issues during my csection because it's also anterior so could cause bleeding out etc so really hoping it's moved.

Beautiful room, Lumi!

Khatif, I hope all is well with baby. Keep us updated!

Sammy, I can't sleep either. I fall asleep fine, but I wake up literally every hour to pee, or sometimes just because my body feels like waking me up again. It's annoying! Plus the leg pains and sciatic pains and all that. Frustrating. :(

Yeah it was discovered when I had a scan at 27 weeks, previous to that they said it was high and anterior. But where my placenta is really low he wouldn't be able to move down. I've got another scan on the 26th to see if it's moved it needs to move by 3.5cm to not cause any issues during my csection because it's also anterior so could cause bleeding out etc so really hoping it's moved.

Aww that's exactly what happened to my mum with my little sister (15 year age gap so I remeber it well!) what a pain!! Hers was a csection in the end as she went into labour early. Hopefully your has moved, good job you had that scan at 27w then!! :hugs:

If I need pain relief during labor she said they can do a PAC line with a button I can push to administer narcotic pain meds but she needs to do some research as to what I can have as I'm allergic to Valium and demoral and some of the others aren't safe with my blood disorder......I didn't realize how big of an ordeal labor and delivery were actually going to be.

You may suprise yourself and be fine! I did my first with gas and air for the last hour or so and my second crowned as I took my first breaths on the gas and air. I was induced with #1 and he was back to back as well. Staying mobile was my coping mechanism both times! I just dragged my iv line (antibiotics) and ctg machine (constant monitoring) around the room with me! Xxx

Timeforababy, I've been getting the leg cramps too, had a corker in my hamstring 2 nights ago!!!

Thanks dan-o. The plan is vaginal birth with no meds at all, but I know that it very well may not happen the way I want. As long as Luke makes it out safely that's all that really matters.

I have been having a rough last two week feeling really down & anxious, on top of charlie horse cramps every morning, my belly feeling like its going to explode after I eat, and acid reflex all night its been not so fun. Today I feel better. I finally broke down and talked it out with my fiance and my college teacher yesterday which they both made me feel a lot better. I hate complaining about pregnancy because I know how hard it is to even get pregnant but its a lot different than I expected. I hope the next few weeks I can stay strong and try to find ways to enjoy this time! We picked his coming home outfit, I will post a picture :)

Are any of you ladies going to do the belly cast thing? I almost bought the kit but I thought I'd have a really hard time throwing it away in the future and I dont want it sitting around my house the rest of my life lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->