July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

congrats Medzi! keep us updated!

well my ECV is scheduled for June 19th, i will be 36 weeks and 4 days which in my opinion is way too early to try and turn baby, not sure what i should do, a part of me says just dont go but i'm stuck, my midwife is on vacation until june 17th which i have an appointment wiht her that day to go over everything thats happened while shes been away. The other midwives i feel basically pushed me into this so quick when i originally wasn't even suppose to go for position ultrasound until i was 35 weeks, i'm so lost- i've refused a c section because i would be looking after DD and new baby in pain and i cant do that, nor do i have help to do so only hubby can and he works 24 hours some days also i refuse to stay in hospital for longer than 24 hours they scare me, my next option is breech birth but i'm really scared of that as well, i want baby to be okay:(

Dano that's a silly thing for hem to say, it means it's less likely sure but not unheard of.

Jrepp that sounds painful.

Srme get well soon :hugs:

Baby girl that all sounds fab <3

I will do mezdi. I hope it goes well.

Heaven it is early IMO too. Do you want it at 37+ weeks? If so I'd ring to reschedule on the day due to a tummy bug ;)

well my ECV is scheduled for June 19th, i will be 36 weeks and 4 days which in my opinion is way too early to try and turn baby, not sure what i should do, a part of me says just dont go but i'm stuck, my midwife is on vacation until june 17th which i have an appointment wiht her that day to go over everything thats happened while shes been away. The other midwives i feel basically pushed me into this so quick when i originally wasn't even suppose to go for position ultrasound until i was 35 weeks, i'm so lost- i've refused a c section because i would be looking after DD and new baby in pain and i cant do that, nor do i have help to do so only hubby can and he works 24 hours some days also i refuse to stay in hospital for longer than 24 hours they scare me, my next option is breech birth but i'm really scared of that as well, i want baby to be okay:(

They say they usually try to do that at about 37 weeks - from what I understood when I researched it. I am so sorry you have felt pressured. Maybe you can talk to someone else if you don't feel comfortable.

That does seem a bit early. I personally chose not to have the Evc because the risks aren't worth it to me. Is your baby breech or transverse? I read that breech babies only stay put about 50% of the time and most places will do the Evc and then immediately induce labor to make sure the baby doesn't turn back. Just remember even with the Evc there is no guarantee that you will be able to have a vaginal delivery. Can you call and have it moved to after 37 weeks?

When my 2nd son was breech my Doctor planned an EVC for exactly 36 weeks. :dohh: I went into premature labor at 35 weeks though so it was never performed, but I found that to be pretty early too, especially considering the risks of it triggering labor or causing distress to the baby.

thanks ladies, Tasha i think i'll call and ask to be moved, if they wont then i'll just cancel day of because i'm 'sick'.

honestly not really sure how to go about this, i've read the risks of breech delivery and ECV i hate both options :(

Heaven that's a hard decision. I don't know what I would do either. I hope babes turns on his own, it's still possible, but most of all that you have peace with your decision :hugs:

Has anyone done a waterbirth? I was wanting one, but now I'm reading cases of where the babies breathed in the water and drowned... Obviously it's super rare but still has me freaked out!

Just 30 days left for my c-section! We put the pack n play together last night! Waiting for my order to arrive this week and we'll be ready as we can be!

I can't believe I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow. I'm so excited that my home birth will be official come tomorrow!

I have almost everything ready now. I bought all of my home birth supplies and everything is washed and ready for little one to make her appearance. The only thing I have left to do is prepare the room. :)

Srrme how expensive is a home birth?

We paid $3700.00 total for my Midwife, that includes all of the prenatal and postnatal care, ultrasound, and the birth. We also spent about $50.00 on supplies.

She was a little more expensive than the others. Most of them were around $2600.00. They were all booked though when I contacted them.

To all the ladies still struggling with babies in the wrong position I hope they turn for you and so all these worries can go away!

Srrme - glad you are getting your home birth :)

Medzi- Can't wait to see update of baby but I will be thinking of you in these few days to come, I hope everything goes the very best for you and baby!

Srrme does your insurance cover any of that? That's basically what we'll be paying out of pocket for our hospital birth I think... We may have to pay a little more.

plenty of time to catch up on the thread tomorrow. started my official bed rest this evening.....ok, after I cleaned one bathroom...now i'm on the couch. i'm hoping to do at least 1 hour of mild house work a day so I don't go insane nor live in a pig sty. think that will be ok?

anxious to get my ultrasound done Monday to see if my cervix is less than 1.4cm that it measured 4 weeks ago.

wishing all you ladies turning little ones the best!!

Livvy, I had a water birth! It was a wonderful experience. I believe it's a huge factor in pain control, especially because I was laboring with a separated pelvis. I have a birth story if you are interested.

My baby is still transverse as well. My next appt is 6/19 & I'll have a scan to confirm & check his size. I assume we will schedule an ECV the following week after 37w. In my office they do it at the hospital & if it's successful they send you home! I'm hoping it will be & he stays head down. I just keep having this feeling he is not going to go head down on his own...

Here is my 35 w bump.
IMG_0845.jpg

I'd love to read your birth story, luv. :) are you trying for a water birth this time around? Fx'd that baby goes head down for you!!

Srrme does your insurance cover any of that? That's basically what we'll be paying out of pocket for our hospital birth I think... We may have to pay a little more.

A lot of insurances do cover it. We paid out of pocket though. My mom paid a lot more out of pocket for her hospital birth a year ago.

Yikes. Why are babies so expensive?? We just met with our pediatrician and baby needs, what, at least 8 doctors appointments in the first year? Since we don't know if I'll be staying on with my job or not, making sure baby's insured for all of that may be tricky.

Since we are talking about insurance, thought I'd share that it is going to cost an additional $134 a month to put baby on my plan. And we were going to move hubby over to my plan too, but, all together, that will make our plan $574 a month. A MONTH. With a deductible of $7000 for baby and DH jointly, and $3500 for me (which it already is). We simply can't afford that. We are living paycheck to paycheck as it is...problem is right now, just the two of us don't qualify for state healthcare because DH makes just a little too much. I think though that when we add a third family member, we will qualify. Plus, DH isn't making as much right now due to over-saturation of the market (he is an independent contractor; he drives for two ride sharing companies), and I'm not making anything to write home about at my little internet job either (also an independent contracting job).

Bottom line: Money sucks. Our healthcare system sucks. At least babies are awesome though. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->