July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

So so glad I don't have to worry about healthcare costs/insurance. My hospital birth (regardless of how is happens) will be free. All of baby's doctor visits are free. It would be so stressful otherwise! Good on you ladies though for keeping on top of it all - I don't envy you.

Induction request was put in today. Now we just wait for the hospital to call.... Or Puffin to decide to come before :). Should recieve a call at some point tomorrow.

Exciting stuff medzi!! Keep us posted :)

I can't believe how much insurance & birth costs some of you ladies. I feel so lucky to have a health service that is free at the point of contact.

Afm - had a dream last night that I had a beautiful baby boy. Dd wasn't very happy (she really wants a girl lol!). I woke up really upset though because he wasn't born until the middle of august!!! I'm going to go crazy enough being off work without an extra wait of two weeks - I'm on major countdown as it is!! :dohh: I know he/she will come when they're ready, I've just had this feeling for a while that I'm going to be in the overdue club. On the upside - he was gorgeous :haha:

Gosh must be stressful paying to have your babies delivered.
Quite happy paying tax and national insurance from our household income to get basic medical care. If I could afford it, I would go private but prices start at about £6,000 for the most straight forward of deliveries though!

Down where I live the national health seem very overstretched. Both times I gave birth our hospital was full. I had the last room with DS2 and only one midwife, and the lady after me had to labour in the corridor and another gave birth in the lift!! On the plus side, they kick you out ASAP as they need the beds :haha:

I would happily give birth at home but I swabbed GBS+ at 18w :dohh: I can pay to have another test, but what are the chances of being negative now? :shrug:

Sorry bubbles...insurance stinks. I'm sure you looked into the gvt issued one? I know they have deductibled too, but not too bad. OH looked into it....same thing, he made too much so he opted to go without until we get married and I put him under mine.

Looking for him...blue cross seemed the cheapest going thru the gvt site. I'm sure you looked into that! I hate saying cheapest when it's still $$!

Mrs e how come you are on bed rest? (Please forgive my Pregnancy brain, I forget everything right now :dohh:)

dan-o....hehe, I forget stuff too! thankfully for my phone I can write it all down!

it's a combination of things...nothing in particular that was pointed out directly to me. it started with pelvic rest...shortening cervix 1.4cm...then my commute...15 min standing - 1 hr bus ride - 30 min on subway - 1/2 mile walk to office.

so, as soon as I hit 35 weeks, I started getting new symptoms. whether they be hiccups, BH or actual contractions, it's like everything changed at once.

so, I think she's a little concerned without telling me specifically. BP is fine...no swelling...

I appreciate not being given something to worry about. :) but on the other hand....

I've been like that too. I got to 33 weeks and suddenly felt VERY pregnant :haha: thought it was my age, but I think it's just pregnancy in general!

I had another bout of regular BH's yesterday but fine again today. Annoying aren't they? I don't think I need to worry about going overdue, I'm certain this one will come slightly early, like my last!

haha, I forgot about my age!!

i'm still trying to figure out what's a BH and what's not. LOL. i'll get it eventually. only twice have I had a whole stomach muscle contraction.

Yay! So happy to have made it to 37 weeks! Now I'm going to start freaking out over every little twinge thinking it's labor. DH works 2 1/2 hours away and I NEED him here during my home birth. :dohh:

I'm feeling awful this morning, very nausous, bad diarrhea, babies movements hurting me, can't lay on either side because he moves over there and it hurts to bad. I've been up every 30-1hr going to bathroom. I tried tums, bath, water. Not sure what to do but I feel so terrible I just wanna cry!

Wow srrme!! 37w congrats on term :yipee:

Babyv sounds horrid hun, hope it passes soon :hugs:

Congrats Medzi and Srrme on reaching term! So exciting! Medzi good luck with your induction!

Mrs. E, we applied on the govt website last year, and we don't qualify for any subsidies because DH makes literally just a TAD too much. :dohh: It's so frustrating. Like I said though, when she's born, we should qualify for free healthcare, if not for DH and I, then at least for her. We are gonna try at least. In TN, it's the law that your baby has to be insured, so if we don't qualify for any help still, then DH is going to have to go without med insurance for awhile. Which isn't good, because now, if you don't have med insurance, you have to pay a fine. Plus, if an emergency happens with DH, then we will have to declare bankruptcy, which screws us over for buying a house anytime soon.

This system is so flawed! It really pisses me off.

I've had a dull pain in my left leg all morning. It's mostly right where my leg begins. Has anyone else experienced this? Could baby be on a nerve? :shrug:

Congrats Srrme and Medzi! So exciting ! You both are so close to being done and meeting your precious bundles of joy!

As for health care costs - I wish we didn't have to pay for baby delivery! My husband and I have had to pay $478/month starting in January and until July because our deductible hasn't been met ($3,000). THEN we get to pay the hospital for using their facility and stuff which will probably be another 2-3,000. This is with insurance.. it sucks! And then in 3 months after baby is born we get to start paying day care costs about $600/month. We are going to be broke!

Medzi, when are they inducing you??

babygirl - childcare costs, we can definitely beat that in the UK! My 6 month old will cost £210 ($350) a week until 2 years old. Almost half of my wages will be used to pay for childcare and it's one of the cheapest ones. A friend pays £1100 ($1700) a month for her baby.

Finally got my drugs after a whole NHS palaver. It's so funny, less than 4 weeks and I won't be pregnant anymore!

Medzi, when are they inducing you??

babygirl - childcare costs, we can definitely beat that in the UK! My 6 month old will cost £210 ($350) a week until 2 years old. Almost half of my wages will be used to pay for childcare and it's one of the cheapest ones. A friend pays £1100 ($1700) a month for her baby.

Finally got my drugs after a whole NHS palaver. It's so funny, less than 4 weeks and I won't be pregnant anymore!

I am going through a private day care. But yes if I were to go through a day care center, it would be at least $1,000 or more for full time. :nope:

Insurance sucks so bad. It's awful. :hugs: girls you don't need this stress.

I live in London so nursery fees are insane, the one my sister works at is £2000 a month ($3100) :wacko:

bubbles....totally understand!!

i'm trying to sell a house with an ex...it's ruining my credit. court awarded it to him and he had to refinance or sell. he did neither and rented it...yet didn't use the rent money for the mortgage. so....it's being short sold now...if the bank approves or it will be foreclosed on. the only way to get the court to enforce what they ruled on and make him pay...is to take him back to court (at my cost). sure...I have $350 an hour in my back pocket for a lawyer! lol so, in my head, i'm renting for the next 2-7 years. LOL!

as for health care. it does stink. it's cheaper for OH to pay the fine then have it. I feel for ya. it just plain ole stinks!!

oh yeah.....day care costs. gulp. I'm avoiding that thought! I called a few in my area.....$2000-3200 a month. got to love it!

Thanks ladies - happy full term srrme!

Timeforababy - sometime either tomorrow or Friday is the plan. I'm just waiting to hear from the hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->