July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

I had my baby boy on June 27th at 6:30 in the morning. We named him Elijah Oliver.
Things got started at midnight last thursday when my water broke. I was then induced Friday night. I had an epidural when my contractions became stronger. Oddly enough, I ended up sleeping until about 4 the next morning. At that time I was feeling a lot of pressure and had the urge to push. I pushed from 4 until 6:30 when my baby was born. When baby was almost out, I heard the doctor talking about using a vacuum, but I wanted to avoid that, so I tried to push harder to get him out without it and succeeded, but ended up with a third degree tear. They put the baby on my chest briefly before I was taken to the OR to be stitched up. I have no words to describe the feeling when seeing my son for the first time. Very special :cloud9:. My son seems to be a very content baby, but does fuss quite a bit when hungry. I really struggled with breastfeeding at the hospital, my milk took a long time to come in, it's still not much, so I have to supplement for now. Everything else is going great. We are back home now and trying to settle into a routine. I love my son so much, I look at him and can't believe he's mine. Wishing you all a good delivery and speedy recovery! :thumbup:

Congratulations Hun! He's gorgeous! Stick at it with the bfing, it takes a few days for the more plentiful milk to come in, totally normal, you're doing great!! X

Congrats again starlight. I'm curious to know he who told you that you weren't producing enough milk? From everything I've been told by lactation consultants and doctors your baby doesn't eat very much at one time during the first week or so as the tummy is very tiny. You could be producing exactly the amount your baby needs. Have you tried lactation cookies at all?

It's officially my due date, ladies!! Happy Fourth of July. :)

Happy due date and happy 4th! Hopefully your lo decides to make an appearance soon.x

Wow these babies are stubborn!!!!

Bubbles sounds awful :hugs:

K4th that sounds pretty promising to me, esp with the cleaning urges as well!

Sorry had 3 mental days here (school intake sessions for my boy on weds thurs and the end of year preschool day out with all 3 kids yesterday!)and hubby's gone back to work, plus needed to go shopping (with all 3 kids again!!!) this morning, so hardly been online as a result! :dohh: i'll lose the baby weight in no time at this rate :haha:

You must really have your hands full with 3 kids!

Bubbles so sorry for you sounds painful!!!!

Dan-o that must be a good work out, cheers to you!

So my results coming back slightly higher has not affected my c section date, iim still July 8th scheduled to meet my son :)

Yesterday was horrendous though, we planned to move DD out of the crib into a toddler bed, I was so scared but actually turned out great in the end and we now have the nursery done for the most part. The awful thing is though I came home to my poor dog laying on the floor in a puddle of poop... Yes poop. I took her into the tub to bathe her and she was in pain I could tell, I look at her butt and I see an oozing open hole, sorry so much TMI but I've now learned its an abcessed anal glands infection and I didn't even know, I feel so bad :( she has an urgent appt today with the vet I'm hoping they can just give us antibiotics and we can be on our way. I'm such a bad puppy mommy :(

Bright side, here are some nursery pics :)

I'm glad the transition from crib to toddler bed went well and so happy that the nursery is getting together! I'm really sorry about your dog. My hubby's dog had an abcess that was caused by extra testosterone in his body. Hopefully the vet can treat her and get her back on her feet in no time.

Babyvaughan, yay for AC. Makes a world of difference!

Question....has anyone here experienced back labor? After my contractions settled last night, I could hardly walk with back pain. I thought it was from being up so much finishing up packing. I slept alright, but had a few contractions this morning. DH and I DTD and my back has been in constant pain almost since. I get a few twinges in my abdomen that come and go with pressure, but constant back pain. I'm not bent over in pain, but quite uncomfortable. I don't want to waste a trip to the hospital, but I dont want to be disillusioned either. What do you all think?

I am going to keep an eye on this as I have constant back pain as well but it gets way worse when I have a contraction. My mom experienced back labor with all 3 of us and said that you would feel it in your abdomen as well.

AFM: still moving right along. I took a spill yesterday and seem to have nudged Luke down further into my pelvis. We are both ok though :) Quick question: have any of you used an abdominal binder post delivery to help with recovery?

Yep I had back labour with Sidney (oldest) and he never turned! Birthing ball and lying down were excruciating, Much better stood up. Pelvic rocking also helped, it wasn't that bad though, so don't be scared, I used gas and air. Quinns labour was probably worse by comparison!!

I am sorry not reacting on your posts. I have read everything but I could not get myself around to write.
Something very tragic and sad happened yesterday with a friend of my mine and my head was full with it since then.

I will be 37 weeks tomorrow. Yay two more weeks until full term. I am not sure I will survive the coming weeks though. I feel more tired and heavy every day. But I am also very excited. My baby can come from tomorrow every moment and I am very curious when she will decide to make her appearance. I hope to get at least 38+3 or so but it is not my decision :)

Hi ladies!

I know I haven't been on, it's been a few hectic days. I was discharged 24hrs after my section. So have been at home not doing much but trying to perfect breastfeeding and heal! Still can't believe how soon I got sent home, I was up and walking about 7 hours after I had baby. Very surprised after having to have two spinals because the first did not work one bit! Could still wave my legs about and feel everything!

We've finally name baby he's called Charlie Edward Lewis :) we'll be registering him Tuesday. He's a grumpy bum at times but loves his milk & cuddles I'll attach a pic.

Hope you ladies are doing well. Hope to see some new arrivals soon!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 27
Congrats, sammynashley...he's adorable! Thanks for sharing his photo.

I'm currently walking the hospital halls for the next hour to see if I'm progressing and if they'll keep me. I was 3.5cm when I came in 30 minutes ago.

My kids are with my parents, hubby is at work, and I'm bored to tears. Hopefully this is it and we can get him out by midnight. If not, I know he will have just the birthday he's supposed to.

I'll update when I can. Wish me luck ;)

Sammy he is so perfect!! Ahh makes me just so excited for my little guy to come!

Today I found out Im going to be an aunt!! :) My sister is 8 weeks, beings my shower was two months ago and she spoiled us with gifts, I have a feeling baby shopping for us gave her baby fever! I'm so excited :D

Jrepp- I actually did make some lactation cookies, they were yummy! I've almost gotten through the whole batch, lol! My baby has a huge appetite, one night at the hospital he polished off 2 bottles of formula. I only produce about a tablespoon of milk between both breasts. I hope I can get more than that in the future.

My little puppy is doing good! She is on strong antibiotics and I got her to eat her dinner tonight so yay!

Count down is on, 3 days until we meet our boy

Thanks ladies!!

So exciting heaven!!

Good luck Mama!

Here's my 40 week bump :cloud9:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 9
My mom and I bought this juuust in case baby Freda would be here by today. Guess he/she is too comfy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 11
Cute bump, Livvy. I can tell baby is nice and low in there! Cute shirt, too bad baby had other plans. I went 6 days over with my first baby... I feel your pain!

Ah, he is very cute Sammy.

Nice bump Livvy!

How are you ladies today? And the babies?

Dano, is your little one feeling better?

Is there any way to prepare for breath feeding before the birth?
With my son I did not really had milk. After six weeks we just changed to bottle because not having enough milk stressed me out totally.
I would like to try this time around again and I hope for some more milk :)

Almost 3am here and stuck at 6cm. Doctor is coming soon to break my waters and hopefully get things moving. I'm bummed he didn't make it on the 4th, but I'll get over it. I can't wait to meet him!

Mamabee so exciting I hope thinks go well and quickly for you from here on out! Can't wait for your update!

Mamabee, you almost have your little baby with you! So exciting! Fingers crossed!

Good luck mamabee!! Not long now :)

Livvy - such a cute little top!

Sammy - he's gorgeous!! Congratulations again :)

Afm - well, I started cleaning the en-suite yesterday and part of the shower door got stuck. I threw my weight behind it, it moved so fast & I trapped my little finger in the other side of the door. It instantly turned blue with loads of red blood spot under the skin. I put it in ice water and just as it felt better, I stood up too quickly & almost passed out. Luckily hubby was home as I was on the floor with ringing in my ears & totally blacked out vision :dohh: Might need to go a bit easier on the nesting!!!! :dohh:

Eta: khatif - I'm not sure if you can do anything before birth to increase milk. Maybe ask in the breastfeeding forum? There are loads of great mums in there who've lots of experience :thumbup:

Congratulations Sammy! He's beautiful.

I hope all of our American ladies had a great 4th? I'm California born and raised but I've been living in the UK for the past 5 years. I do miss getting to celebrate the 4th!

Good luck, MamaBee. I hope your baby is here before you know it.

Maisie is doing well and remains in high dependency. We're hoping to have her transitioned over to special care (SCBU, for those of you outside of the UK) over the coming week but of course it's all down to her. She's having up to 6 hours off of CPAP and doing great with this so that's another box half checked off. She's still small but gaining weight well and feeding is coming along too, but we need to work on it a little more still. Of course I'm just thankful she's healthy and doing great but I cannot wait to have her home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->