July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Eeeeeek!!! I had her I had her! Olivia Ann was born July 15,2015 at 8:12pm. 7.8 pounds and 20.5 inches long. I had her completely natural. Was contracting from 4am and when I went into the hospital I was 6-7cm dilated...this was around 5:30, or 6ish. They had to break my water when I was about 9cm. I was surprised when they said I was ready to push when I wanted to because I didn't feel the contractions as intensely as I did with my daughter. I think I pushed for maybe a little over a half hour and that was the most painful for me this time around, what a relief I felt when she came out!! Breastfeeding is going OK so far and she is asleep right now, I'm so tired but not sure I can sleep. So happy.

Congratulations!! What an excellent name choice, Olivia Ann is my name! :thumbup:

Wow lol thats neat! You have a beautiful name!!!

When did you (or when will you) take your baby out for the first time?

Congrats Certifiedoreo!! :)

My little Gavin's due date is today, he is a week old!! Can't believe how time fly's! I'm so in love with him :) Breastfeeding is going a lot better I'm glad I didn't give up because I wanted to so badly at times!

OB appointment went well, but horribly at the same time. Mine and Luke's heart rates looked great, weight up to 146.6 pounds (45 pounds eek) and I am measuring spot on. BUT I lost it when they asked how I was doing. I slept for 20 minutes total last night. They wanted to admit me for the morphine sleep, but I didn't want to because we have so much to do and I don't want to waste my hubbys day off sitting at the hospital watching me sleep. I had a pretty painful contraction that the doc felt and she did an internal exam. I'm still at 50% effacement, less than 1 cm dilated and Luke is at -3 engagement. She said he's roughly 3 kilos (had to look it up, its 6.5 pounds about)......but aside from some medical assistance in the sleep department there isn't anything they can do for me aside from let me suffer through the pain until he gets here.

OB appointment went well, but horribly at the same time. Mine and Luke's heart rates looked great, weight up to 146.6 pounds (45 pounds eek) and I am measuring spot on. BUT I lost it when they asked how I was doing. I slept for 20 minutes total last night. They wanted to admit me for the morphine sleep, but I didn't want to because we have so much to do and I don't want to waste my hubbys day off sitting at the hospital watching me sleep. I had a pretty painful contraction that the doc felt and she did an internal exam. I'm still at 50% effacement, less than 1 cm dilated and Luke is at -3 engagement. She said he's roughly 3 kilos (had to look it up, its 6.5 pounds about)......but aside from some medical assistance in the sleep department there isn't anything they can do for me aside from let me suffer through the pain until he gets here.

They wont give you more meds to sleep or to take home for pain??? That is just absolutely insane to me..

Jrepp it seems so crazy to me that they won't do anything... why will they not consider inducing you? Is there a specific reason??? I just don't know how your gonna have any energy left for actual labour without sleep or rest from contractions : ( hang in there... I wish there was something I could say or do to help

I am done work. Yey!!!!! I think I worked too long, I was having contractions all day yesterday and today almost none. That being said I found out I am already 4cm dilated!!! She said my cervix is still thick but i know that can change quickly. I opted out of having a sweep today because of the dilation. It took like 10 hours of labour with ds to be at 4cm. So I'm hoping that means a faster delivery this time. This is starting to become more real

And keep those baby photos coming!! I love them : D

Jrepp it seems so crazy to me that they won't do anything... why will they not consider inducing you? Is there a specific reason??? I just don't know how your gonna have any energy left for actual labour without sleep or rest from contractions : ( hang in there... I wish there was something I could say or do to help

I am done work. Yey!!!!! I think I worked too long, I was having contractions all day yesterday and today almost none. That being said I found out I am already 4cm dilated!!! She said my cervix is still thick but i know that can change quickly. I opted out of having a sweep today because of the dilation. It took like 10 hours of labour with ds to be at 4cm. So I'm hoping that means a faster delivery this time. This is starting to become more real

4cm! wow! I am jealous!!! Keep walking! :) Could happen any day now!:cloud9:

4cm! wow! I am jealous!!! Keep walking! :) Could happen any day now!:cloud9:

I know I was in shock.. totally not expecting that. She said it could still easily be two weeks though but very unlikely that I will be overdue. We shall see!

Congrats, certified Oreo! She is sooo precious! I know what you mean about not being able to sleep really. I think those fast labours can be so adrenaline filled that it makes it hard to settle down after, you are still kind of "high" for a while after. Hope you can rest up soon!

Thanks, for the sympathy, Dan-o and holly. I started the antibiotics last night and am already feeling soooo much better today! Henry is doing great too; we have his one week follow up tomorrow. Very curious to see how much he's gained since birth!

I'm so sorry jrepp :hugs: I agree on asking for an induction! Or more sleep meds at home! :hugs:

Harley~ I cannot believe it's been a week already! time flies!!!

countryblonde~ wowza.. 4cm?!!? trade ya! :haha:

as for me.. I'm almost 2cm dilated (up from 1cm the last 2 weeks) and the doc did a sweep which has had me bleeding and a bit crampy. Sweeps never worked for me in the past.. so not banking on it doing much. Induction is scheduled for 8pm on Tuesday :thumbup: It will make it loads easier doing the induction then- I can put my kids to bed and then head up to the hospital and have the baby while they sleep! :thumbup:

buuuuut still hoping to go into labor naturally before then! :) one can hope, right?! :)

We took him out today for the first time. 4 days old, went to Starbucks and a walk at the park. If it was winter it would be a different story...

We aren't planning on taking the baby anywhere aside from my parents house for the first 6 weeks or so of his life. We may travel to the grocery store but that's about it.

They wont give you more meds to sleep or to take home for pain??? That is just absolutely insane to me..

No. The OB clinic doctors "do not like to give out medications" but would have liked for me to go straight to OB screening to get on the morphine sleep. Unfortunately my husband and I had plans and I didn't want to waste his only day off from work today sitting around the hospital watching me skleep. Yes, I am exhausted but I can make it 2 more days. It's already been 3 weeks.

Thank you. It's a crappy position to be in but I think that once I can get the little fella to engage fully I think it will be a short and quick labor. They specifically said that they don't do induction unless it is medically necessary and sleep deprivation isn't a necessity when the baby looks great. I did ask for a membrane sweep, but my cervix still isn't open enough for them to get a finger in to do it.

I can't believe you are already at 4 cm!!! That's great and hopefully labor wont be too far off for you.

I'm still here and reading. Life's been crazy busy atm as it is the last week of school so lots of activities going on and for my oldest today was the last day of primary school.

Congratulations on the new babies.

Alea, I had to do the school run 36 hours after he was born.

He's a month old today and we finally made him official.

I had my pre-op and anesthesia appointment ! Everything looks good to go. 7 days left ! Hope those who are left are hanging in there!

I slept so bad last night, my back was in so much pain :(

Still here as well! I slept badly too last night - had to get up in the middle of the night for a few hours. I suppose I'm just getting impatient as my youngest son was born at 39 weeks and 2 days, so I sort of assumed that this baby would be round about that if not slightly earlier. I totally think I'm going to go overdue now. I do keep getting this off and on period like feeling over the last few days, but it goes away again. I'm hoping that it is my cervix dilating.

Just checking in to say I had Olivia Rose at 10.35am on 13th July via an uneventful planned c section :)

She was 7lb 13, a nice long 21.25inches and absolutely gorgeous! Completely in love with her and so is her daddy

Good morning ladies,

I lost my plug or at least a big part of it last night. I have some mind mensuration cramping so they are not any serious contractions. I hope it means that my cervix is getting soft and even the dilation is going on. I cannot wait until Monday to be induced.

How are you doing all?

K4th, do you feel any better? Jrepp, could you rest a bit?

In actually up right now khatif. Just went to the bathroom and there was a huge glob of mucus on the tp. I think I made some progress and am starting to lose the plug. Still not much sleep but it might be too late to do much about it now if I have another day like today

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->