July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Apologies if this is too much of a personal question, but what are you all doing about birth control and contraceptives after birth?

We are doing family planning (opk's and watching for signs of ovulation) along with pull out for 6 months and then just going with the flow for 6 months before actively trying again.

Hubby says our method of bc is going to be granny panties

Most likely condoms. Then family planning after a looong while, I'm hoping a year. Haha. No one ever told me how overwhelming being a mom is! It kinda makes me wonder why I got myself into this. I miss being able to do whatever, whenever with my husband. Someone please tell me this gets better.

Most likely condoms. Then family planning after a looong while, I'm hoping a year. Haha. No one ever told me how overwhelming being a mom is! It kinda makes me wonder why I got myself into this. I miss being able to do whatever, whenever with my husband. Someone please tell me this gets better.

It gets better!!! Some earlier than others. It was very difficult the first 6 months for us because Rylee was a terrible sleeper. But it got pretty easy hence we're having another one :haha:

I'm with you…but now I have two babies to look after. I feel bad but I miss my old life with my 3 year old daughter…. but things will get better as the little one gets older. I love her to death and I feel guilty feeling this way.

CertifiedOreo I know what you mean! I feel guilty wanting alone time with my husband, I feel guilty for missing life before baby... I know a large part of it is hormones but man. :/

Greats I can't even think about trying for another right now :haha: hopefully I will be able to as time goes on! DH wants our kiddos to be close together in age.

Livvy, I know exactly how you feel. This is my first baby too and I was so excited to get pregnant and have him, but during the first month I had several days when I was completely overwhelmed and even asked my husband why did we decide to have a baby. This is by far the hardest thing I've ever done and even though I love my son with all my heart, I do miss the days when it was just DH and I. But things are finally starting to get easier now that we're developing a routine and I feel a little more like I know what I'm doing.

I think most women go through this with their first baby and it's perfectly normal to feel this way. Just hang in there and know that you're not alone and it does get better. :)

Thank you joy :) I wish I could find a new moms group in my area. Wouldn't it be awesome if WE ladies could all meet up weekly??

Hubby suggested getting the snip :cry: I've said I'll get the coil as a compromise.

I look at my sweet baby and think why on earth would I want to prevent another, but then I remember what a struggle it's been and how incredibly lucky we are... it would be VERY sensible to quit while we are ahead!

Livvy it would be awesome. I wonder if any of us live near to one another? I'm pretty sure no one lives near me tho :(

Livvy, that would be great! It does help to chat with you ladies online too. What also helps me is to google things like "newborns are hard work" and read other people's experiences and know that I'm not a terrible mother for feeling this way.

:hugs: girls. I think the first is the biggest change you'll ever face. Number two can be a big adjustment too but three onwards they just slot right in (IMO).

My DH wants the snip and whilst we are 100% done, it seems too final. :dohh:

Newborns are hard work... and they really do change everything about your life. You will get adjusted and it will be awesome... I'm going through a whole new phase of wondering how I'm gonna live with two babies!

I had my tubes tied during my section so my baby makings days are done lol

Hey Livvy, don't worry, things will definitely get easier. I do think the transition being a first time mum is the hardest. You are used to doing what you want, whenever you want. When baby comes, it can be tricky working out a routine and even going out for the day seems a mammoth task - I remember my eldest son's nappy bag was more like a rucksack and by the time we went out it was almost time to come home! By the time you have baby number two, you just shove a couple of things into the nappy bag and realise that if you do forget something, it's not the end of the world. There are usually shops wherever you are going!

You are also adjusting to hormone drops - the 'baby blues' that they talk about kicks in for a few days round about where you are now. They go, don't worry. I remember both times round sitting in tears for hours about really minor things (which seemed massive at the time). Get hubby to bring you lots of chocolate.

You are also adjusting to a new role, a new you which can seem huge. When my eldest was born, we moved down to Edinburgh two weeks after he was born. From being surrounded by friends, family, a job and colleagues I loved, I was suddenly alone (when DH went out for work), knowing no-one in the area, in a house with a baby just learning how to be a mum. Soon, I started going to baby groups and activities and met loads of new mum friends who were great, many were first time mums as well.

Don't be too hard on yourself, it will definitely get better. At the moment, your baby will pretty much be eating, sleeping and crying but in a few weeks, you will see much bigger changes; little smiles, giggles, interaction etc.

xxx

Thanks so much girls. Your kind words make me feel loads better. :) tiny tot is sleeping so well tonight! (Well, for him!) he woke up at midnight, 3:30, and now 5, and has gone back to sleep easily all times. Hoping this sticks...

Meanwhile, my fever is up and down. Right now at 101.7. Hope the antibiotics start working soon, I feel like crap.

Well I thought for sure I was in labour this morning. But my contractions seem to have slowed down.... here's hoping something changes but as of right now I'm just annoyed and frustrated...

I am happy to announce that our little daughter, Kathryn Scout Maria Irene is arrived safe and sound on July 20 at 17 : 10.

She is lovely and loves her milk. She is drinking very well. The birth went very fast actually. I will write about it later as I am still tired.

Livvy~ I hope you start to feel better! :hugs:

country~ that stinks :dohh: I hope it starts back up!

Khatif~ I was thinking about you~ I'm so glad it went well! :hugs:

tonight is induction night for me.. just over 10 hours to go! :wacko:

Congrats khatif!

Good luck tonight holly!

Anyone else still waiting on baby?? I think there's a couple more other than me right?!?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->