July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Congratulations Raquel!!! So glad you & M are doing well. Sounds like a difficult labour, but a happy birth story :)

Any tips on healing cracked and bleeding nipples?

Any tips on healing cracked and bleeding nipples?

Lanolin nipple cream is the only thing that has ever worked for me. Get Lansinoh if it's available in the US - I wouldn't buy anything else. Also plenty of air & let your nipples dry naturally before applying Lansinoh & putting them away. I have some nipple shells that I can put in my bra & that let air to my nipples even when I'm fully dressed - they make me look a funny shape though so I'd only wear them around the house.

So far my nipples are a bit sore-ish but I've avoided the cracks and bleeding that plagued breastfeeding my first!

Ah, haven't been on in forever it seems!

Congrats everyone on their new arrivals! Hope everyone is doing well.

Been insanely busy here. MIL is visiting from the USA and DH has been traveling a lot so I'm just feel like everything is in constant motion and there is no time to slow down. But going well. Owen is so big already!!

Loving all the pics and birth stories <3

Jeremy will be here tomorrow the 7th around noon via c-section. Had an appointment today and he didn't turn nor have i even started to expand.

Jeremy will be here tomorrow the 7th around noon via c-section. Had an appointment today and he didn't turn nor have i even started to expand.

:hugs: stubborn little bubs!! Good luck with the section. You will soon have your little one safely in your arms :)

Dexter 4weeks :cloud9:

Attachments

• 2015-08-07 19.06.46.jpg
    2015-08-07 19.06.46.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 12
Lumi, he is adorable! I love his little bow tie & suspenders. So precious!

Jrepp, lanolin helped a ton with my sore nipples. I also used Lansinoh gel pads during the first few weeks of breastfeeding and those were a lifesaver! Hang in there. The soreness does go away eventually.

Congrats Raquel :)

Slade woke up every hour from 2-7 last night. I am so exhausted, don't know how I can do this much longer... Especially since I start work in a few weeks. :sleep:

Livvy.. Have you tried Co sleeping?? It's what saves my sanity.. I nurse Jewell off and on thru the night but never have to get out of bed. It takes a bit of adjusting but I never have to fully rouse and helps me feel fairly rested.

Raquel, congratulations!

Good luck Katangel! I hope everything will be fine.

Kathryn is growing well so it looks like my milk is fine. I will try to cut out pumping at all. She is very awake in the evenings and not sleeping too weel during the night.
I am rather tired to be honest but it still goes well here.

Livvy - sounds like a growth spurt. How old is he now?? Kellymom website puts a growth spurt at 7-10 days and again at 2-3 weeks. (I only know that because ds is 9 days old today & going through his first growth spurt atm). It will pass :hugs:

Khatif - glad Kathryn is gaining weight well :)

Livvy, have you tried starting a bedtime routine? When Sean was about 4 weeks we started a routine where I wake him up about 2 hrs before bedtime & try to keep him up for the rest of the evening. Then we give him a warm bath every night with baby Lavendar body wash and I nurse him, burp him & swaddle him in a muslin blanket & he's out. He usually only wakes up once to nurse at night since we started this routine. You can also try cluster feeding before bed to make sure he's nice & full when you put him down.

Attempting to catch up on all I have missed over the past week. Hope everyone is keeping well!

Lumi that outfit is too much! What a little man!

Holly, do you change her diaper at all at night? When will you transition her to a crib?

K4th, I hope that's what it is-- it's strange because we were at relatives last weekend and he only woke twice during the night the whole time we were there. He has never slept that well at home. I can't figure out what the difference is.

Joy, I have been meaning to try a bedtime routine! He hates baths so maybe I'll have to try something more relaxing for him...

Livvy.. Oh yes.. She poops her diaper like 1-4x a night. Every time I stir, I check her. She doesn't seem to care when she does so I'm paranoid about her getting a rash so I check it whenever I slightly wake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->