• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

July Mommies Club x

umm sarah has been active on facebook but not seen anything of sjk...though she did put her birth story up...

whitelilly - yeah cluster feed is lots of mini feeds, isabel drives me nuts with them! though at least today as we haven't got a visitor i can sit on sofa with tv and laptop to keep me sane! yesterday i was shattered, stuck on bed with a screaming hungry baby and nothing else!

oh and whitelilly careful with giving formula as you can mess up milk supply...have you got a breastflow bottle or closer to nature breast one that you can give your expressed milk in?

yeah have been giving him feeds with closer to nature bottle from left breast and feeding him from the right one naturally... he seems to be ok with that although i think the bottle is 'easier' for him! i was actually tempted to just feed him myself off the left breast earlier but the pain of even just touching my own nipple stopped me! there's still a big chunk missing from where the infection was. speaking of which, i forgot to take my antibio! oops, best go take that! Undecided too about whether tp give him formula tonight or just go with the breast... x

hola people still didnt get any sleep :doh: lol never mind aaliyah seems a bit relaxed 2night so maybe she will chuck another easy niht my way seeing as im totally goosed lol mervs home now so its my sleeping time so i better go in a bit just making sure she dont want another feed lol

Caitlyn weighed 7lbs 14oz at birth and was 52.5cm long! There's a picture of my bump on the day I started contracting...it's teeny!

Caitlyn is formula fed yep. :)

Ohh I have disolvable stitches that wont fade for 4 - 6 weeks :( my woowoo still feels so swollen but heyho it hasnt been a week yet [although it feels like I've had my gorgeous bundle forever]! Please tell me ladies does it ever feel normal again? :wacko:

We officially registered Caitlyn today and she is Caitlyn Rose Bennett :happydance:

Only been able to snatch a few moments on here today so came here to update. Went town and managed to walk around just fine for a few hours and did a few visits. Then had visitors and they've only just left! Gonna eat my dinner, Caitlyn will wake up at 12 for her feed and then sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep :D :happydance:

I have stitches too hon and they are dissolvable... mine have got a bit better over the past week or so.

Last night was a nightmare again. Harris went to bed about half 11 but woke at 12.30 and 1.30 for feeds! I gave him formula at 2am but he woke at 3.30 and puked it all up (is this normal??? he doesn't sick much with breast milk). He then went back to sleep til 6.30 though. I am cream crackered!!

Hubby still lying in bed though which is upsetting me... he hasn't even offered to get up :(

xx

Aww bless you :( :hugs2:

I think I do remember reading somewhere that intially formula milk will make a breastfed baby a bit sicky because of the change in taste etc but I cant for the life of me remember where I read it!

Caitlyn was sick IN my mouth earlier...not a lovely taste I have to say. My fault for giving her a kiss and thinking she'd finished :lol: Liam sat and laughed at me :blush:

Ahh, thanks WL. Hopefully my stitches should feel normalish soon then...never knew how quick they are to actually go ahead with an assisted delivery...my MW got annoyed and said that the labour people are just not overly considerate anymore. She's told me to write a letter of complaint which she's then gonna look at further. :thumbup:

I had stapels oh the joys when sneezing lol so glad they are gone lol, its my birthdat 2day and i was 2 tired to open me pressies but after aaliyah got up for her feed i have managed to

tidy me flat
have a bath
do the washing
do the washing up
and make me self some breckfast

soo proud off for a nap for a hour aaliyah is due her next feed lol

Hi Ladies. Wow a new thread! I was hopping we could all stay in touch :)

Count us in:
Maxwell Alexander (Max)
9lb 3oz
18/07/2009

I haven't had much time to B&B as Max is a 24/7 job! Just been F'booking from my phone between bouts of exhaustion, lol.

Congrats to all the new arrivals :flower: :hugs:

Max is doing fine, and already over 10lbs and nearly ready to move out of the newborn nappy size at only three weeks! I'm not as lucky as some of you girls to be back in your pre-preg clothes, still have a few kgs to go and the big boobs make a lot of my old tops a no-go zone.

Gem, can't believe you're back to the nookie already! Couldn't be further from my mind, and not just because of all my stictches.

Sorry to hear about the bleeding dramas Shelley. :hugs: Everytime I think mine's about to stop, it starts up again. I had soooo much the first few days because of all the tearing :(

I must admit I didn't realise how unprepared we were for taking care of not-so-little Max. He doesn't sleep much during the night as he has a lot of trouble setting when we put him down, and getting him to sleep can take hours... which means by the time we think he's ready to fall asleep, it's time for another feed - a vicious cycle. What type of routine or schedule does everyone follow? (e.g. times for this or that). Or do you just demand feed and let the baby sleep when they want to, eat when they want to etc.? We're rather confused about this. Should he go to sleep straight after a feed, or after some awake time? How do we get him to settle? The lack of sleep is getting hard to take :( Any advice?

The brestfeeding is going a bit better now. Not so painful, and not taking quite as long, but still so much harder and time consuming that I imagined. So who's bfeeding and who's bottle? Anyone combining the two? Lots of my friends suggest a formula bottle for the middle of the night. I've expressed some bottles but haven't used formula yet.

Okay, better run and get a few things done while I have the chance.
Take care,
Sarah xx

ok tmi question coming up but with your afterbirth bleeding did it tail off into a browny one with a funny slightly gooey, but runny consistency...hard to describe! mine also doesn't smell strong but doesn't smell particularly great and i'm not sure if its normal or not...would rather not be checked out if i can avoid it as had enough of my girl garden being looked at :rofl:

sarah - i'm BFing and finding it hard for many reasons but its slowly getting better... i'm back in some of my pre-preg clothes but definately not all...some trousers are too tight on legs, bum and tum and like you say a lot of tops are too tight on chest...oh the glamour :rofl:

twiglet - i also have dissolvable stitches, they've just started coming out now...i found about a week after isabel was born my swelling down there started to go down and that made stitches more painful as the skin stretched but it soon improved and now they don't bother me other than feeling wierd when i bathe, as i've been dabbing salt water on daily

whitelilly - think it was his stomach being confused by different consistency and stuff of formula...hope your leftie is healing quickly :hugs:

Wishing - My bleeeding did exactly th same thing, but has now increased again, but I think what you're describing is pretty normal from what I've read.

yeh me 2 ellie, looks well weird, god i was hoping that it finishes i didnt get any on me birthday and me annervasary on monday and Im really hoping i can get some haha, scared him and said u wanna try for another he went another wat and i went another one of those lol. he just went not just yet lol,

im gonna get aaliyah weighed on wed stating to wonder if she is over 10 now lol she is in 0-3 months as well madness lol

Maybe - Happy birthday for yesterday sweetie!!! I wanted to text you, but my mobile has decided to die this week :( Its £70 to get it fixed and with Lilah so little I cant justify it ATM! I didnt get chance to get on here all day either as we took William on his jollies to grandmas - Ah peace for a week!

I hope you had a great day honey. Mine went by in a flash and was boring as hell TBH...

How is everyone? Sarah - great to hear you're doing well and Max is growing! I know what you mean with the sleeping. Lilah has a bottle at 12, then half 3 then 6-7. I do the early ones and then Paul gets up at 6 and stays awake with her and I have a lie in (hmm...most days...)

This is not always as easy at it sounds though! She sometimes stays awake for an hour and a half!!! Not properly awake but stiring. I was letting her fall asleep on my chest, then moving her to the moses basket beside me. When I moved her she woke up. This kept happening all week. So 2 nights ago I decided after her bottle, she can have 5 mins cuddle, then into her own basket. She stayed awake for aaaaaaaages the first night, then less last night before falling asleep on her own. Cruel to be kind Im afraid. I want to cuddle her all night, but I know the dangers of having a baby wrap u around thier fingers!!

My bleeding has gone all weird again too. I think if you do too much it starts again quite heavy. If I take it easier its a funny colour, or some days nothing at all..?

Gem you are amazing! How you BD'd is beyond me! Saying that my girl garden resembles a patchwork quilt, so its clearly gonna be different, but the thought brings tears to my eyes! Ahhh I so missing being pregnant again too. I keep rubbing my bump wondering where she's gone!!!

More guests today guys. Seriously, I have so many gifts from all these people- I dont knwo when Lilah will wear any of the clothes...?!

Big kisses everyone, Im off to tidy - again! xxx

thats ok shell had a nice day merv took aaliyah and i got 2 sleep for 6 hours lol my idea of bliss he got me some gourgous pressies but i didnt get my nursey ryme cd like i asked for lol xx
aaliyah is brest feed she has got really sicky latly is this normal? xx

wow girls - I miss coming on for a few days and sooo much has happened!!

for the front page shelley - Blake Ethan born 09/07/09 weighing 7lb 13oz!!

He is 1 month old tomorrow!! were did the time go!! he is doing realy well and we have had a couple of smiles in the last 2 days and he is sooo adorable and I am sooo much in Love!!

will update more later as going out for a walk with Blake and Hubby!!

thats ok shell had a nice day merv took aaliyah and i got 2 sleep for 6 hours lol my idea of bliss he got me some gourgous pressies but i didnt get my nursey ryme cd like i asked for lol xx
aaliyah is brest feed she has got really sicky latly is this normal? xx

did you eat sonething different hon? xx

aww hope aaliyah is better :hugs: when you say sicky do you mean projectile vomiting, being grizzly in general or puking up dribbly sick...? if its dribbly sick then i wouldn't worry as thats normal :hugs:

thanks for putting my mind at rest on afterbirth bleeding girls...no being poked and prodded again for me now thank god :happydance:

can you add me as a july mummy as well 4th of july my little bobby was born 6lb 12oz

my nipple looks like it is becoming infected again :( i think i am going to switch to formula... shame tho as he was doing so well. was 9lb 2oz yesterday!!!!!!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->